Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Spring Savings Event 2020: What’s on Your List?

2019-4-8-community-adds-to-basket-gif-yellow-250x250.gif

We’ve started to see some of you buzzing with excitement here on the BIC because Sephora’s Spring Savings Event is nearly here. This means it’s almost time to make some shopping decisions! We know many of us are sheltering in place, which may mean we’re focusing on at-home self-care like candles, skincare tools, or even immunity-boosting products. We are also seeing that a lot of people have been sticking to their daily beauty routines so may want to pick up their holy grails and a new product or ten (or maybe that’s just us?). Regardless of what you’re shopping for, most of us can agree that a Sephora package (for yourself or a loved one) is a great mood-lifter, especially when it comes at a discount!

If you’re Rouge (like us!) you will get 20% off your purchase, VIBs get 15% off, and Insiders get 10% off. We have everything detailed in these FAQs if you want to know more about exclusions, how to shop, and when this sale is happening for your Beauty Insider tier, so be sure to read the FAQs.

Many of us either like to ask questions or give advice to inspire others’ shopping decisions. In this community of beauty lovers, it’s nearly impossible to find a product somebody hasn’t tried so let’s use this thread to help each other out.

What are you adding to your basket for the Spring Savings Event? Comment below to share your basket or ask the Community for advice!  

Re: Spring Savings Event 2020: What’s on Your List?

Question girlies!! 

I am looking for the most subtle and natural highlighter to give me some glow this summer! I’m fair skinned with light brown hair. I’ve heard good reviews about:

- Milk makeup highlighter stick in Lit

- Marc Jacobs Dew drops Coconut gel highlighter

- Laura Mercier Matte backed radiance powder

- Hourglass ambient lighting powder in Luminous Light

If you’ve tried these, please confirm if they are actually subtle or feel free to give me recommandations ❤️

RE: Re: Spring Savings Event 2020: What’s on Your List?

RM beauty is amazing. Really gives a "lit from within" glow with no tacky sparkle

Charlotte Tilbury Hollywood Flawless Filter 1 - Fair

This is the most beautiful subtle highlight, and Ive had mine almost a year. I bought it after seeing Samantha Ravndahl rave about in on YouTube. Highly Recommend!

Oh i know the best highlighter for every skin shade that would be two faced it doesn’t matter about which one i personally have all of them and i use all of them all the time:) hopes this helps

@verodevo  I love the hourglass powders for a nice subtle glow. It wouls especially be good if your usual makeup has a matte finish. If you generally go for a more natural finish in your makeup then KOSAS - Color & Light: Crème Cream Blush & Highlighter Duo are lovely (plus, blush!) is a fantastic option- but the extra shine from the cream formula may make it look more bold than you'd like if you have a matte makeup base

hey thank you so much for your input! honestly I don't even know if my makeup if matte or not... I only wear BB cream, concealer and mascara, so I'm guessing it's more creamy than matte? I definitely keep it really simple but wanted to expand and buy highlighter and contour for a bit more definition.

Gotcha @verodevo , BB creams are definitely a more natural finish so I'd say you can get away with whatever formula you find easiest

RE: Re: Spring Savings Event 2020: What’s on Your List?

I’m a fair skinned red head. I have a weak spot for highlighters so I have a big collection. Marc Jacobs Dew Drops are not subtle at all. Hourglass would be your best bet out of those you named. But the best subtle highlighters for a fair skinned person in my experience are: Dior Nude Glow (#1), Burberry Nude Gold (#2) and the limited edition Chanel Éclat du Desert. Chanel is so subtle that you can use on your whole face. It’s gorgeous. Well and there was Shiseido Luminizing Satin Face Color in WT905, but I believe they don’t make it anymore.

hi! I am also fair-skinned with light brown hair, haha. The Milk Makeup Stick in Lit is definitely not subtle. If you are looking for a natural-looking cream highlighter, I suggest trying the RMS Magic Luminizer. The sparkles are finely milled, the product looks and applies beautifully on the skin and wears for a good amount of time. If you are looking for a subtle powder highlight I would definitely go for Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder. 

@verodevo Nars Fort de France or Hourglass Luminous Light. 

I agree! The NARS Fort de France is my GO TO highlighter and I’ve been using it for quite some time. It looks good when I’m a paler shade and looks amazing when I’m tan in the summer. I couldn’t agree more ❤️

Question y’all!

im looking for a nice body shimmer for summer and I’m undecided. Going back and fourth between the Fenty Diamond Bomb and the Too Faced Pat the Puss body shimmer. Naturally I would go with Fenty, but I have her body lava and I find it too sparkly. I’m looking for more of a glow as opposed to tiny glitter pieces all over. Is the Diamond Bomb the same as the Body Lava or is it more glowy?

I suggest PATRICK TA Major Glow Body Oil A Vision. It nourishes the skin and gives a glow! There's a mini PATRICK TA - Mini Major Glow Body Oil to try and its in the SEPHORA FAVORITES - Mini Summer Makeup Essentials Set if you don't want to commit to a large purchase. Good luck!

Hi!

Ive always had the hardest time picking a natural blush for my skin tone. Anyone have any advice or tips on how best to pick a blush that is natural to your skin tone? 

Tags:

@bellsxo  The most natural will be one that matches your undertones- true/cool pink for pink undertones and coral/peach for warm/yellow undertones (check the description of your foundation if you're unsure 😊). Additionally, if you are fair skinned, you want to stay away from super pigmented blushes and opt for something more subtle but buildable. You'll also want to match the blush finish to your foundation finish. If you use a matte foundation a matte powder will likely be easiest -though you could also use setting powder over a cream. For a dewy finish a cream formula would make the most sense. For a natural finish everything works pretty well. My personal favorites are Cover Fx's blush duos (I own multiple) for a powder though tarte Amazonian clay 12-hour blush Sensual is also a lovely option. For cream blushes KOSAS - Color & Light: Crème Cream Blush & Highlighter Duo is lovely (I have muse) is amazing. The NARS - Afterglow Overlust Cheek Palette has cream and powder formulas and includes bronzer and highlight- a super deal if you're looking for a variety and all super usable and natural shades

I would consider what lip shades you wear most often and choose a blush similar to that so that it kinda matches and looks more natural. When you apply your blush maybe sweep a small amount on your lower lash line and forehead just to make it look all the more natural. I’d blushes have been intimidating I would go for a blush that is less pigmented so you have more wiggle room when applying it. I would try the Tarte blushes, they’re great 🙂 also you can swatch a few on your wrist then lift your wrist up to your cheek to see what color you could imagine yourself wearing. Also, huge tip is to not wear blush alone but to also put a bronzer shade in the hallows of your cheeks and forehead to bring the look together more. 🙂

Some of the items on the sale page are definitely worth checking out. I picked up another Melt Cosmetics Impulsive Pressed Pigment Palette that was originally $65 for $26 which is such a steal! It's a great palette (I already own it) so picking up a backup for that price is a no-brainer. I also am guilty of going back for the fresh Rose & Squalane Deep Hydration Oil-Infused Serum 100 mL. I told myself I wasn't going to pick it up, and well I failed after seeing some lovely people here post on their IG accounts (you know who you are :)), and also watching the video Fresh put out on YouTube about the story of rose. I just want to be in that warehouse when they throw the roses in the air (it's a short video, but it's worth a watch). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZFGEDBsbXM

@niki172 @I purchased the fresh Rose & Squalane Deep Hydration Oil-Infused Serum 100 mLbecause I love the whole line for dry skin and it’s really nourishing on the skin  

@SportyGirly125 I use their deep hydrating rose toner so this was kind of a no-brainer. I couldn't get a straight answer on whether I can layer this with other serums, but it just seems like this one should go last due to the oil in it. Here goes nothing 😊.

@niki172I layer it with other serums and have had no issues 

Awesome thanks @SportyGirly125 . Did you use it first or last before moisturizer?

6 Replies
testing