Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Opinions Wanted: Skincare Tell-All

It's time for another skincare survey! We have seen that a lot questions in the Community are personalized according to skin type and those who share your same skincare concerns. It makes sense that tips and product recommendations are more trusted when coming from someone like you. What works for one person's oily skin may not be the best for someone else's sensitive or dry skin, afterall!

We are posting this survey in hopes you will fill it out with all of your expert product knowledge in mind. Can't wait to hear about all of your holy grails and to share this back with all of you! 

Re: Opinions Wanted: Skincare Tell-All

Well that was fun!  It was interesting to see how I answer now versus how I would have when I first joined the boards. My answer to everything now is MOISTURIZE.  For the last question, I wanted to say the community members are the best beauty product I've found but I assumed you wanted a "real" product.  In all seriousness, the recommendations and reviews from the community members and mods have made the greatest impact on my skin health.  Who knew you're supposed to have a full and diverse routine for both the morning and evening? Not 2011 me!

Image result for moisturize me gif

Ahh @michelleshops I could not agree with you more: Hydration, hydration, hydration. I wish I realized the importance of regular moisturizing earlier. But as of now, my number one rule: hydration for my face, body and mind all day every day.  Well, and of course another well known "secret": less stress. 

Can't wait to see the results! It's so helpful seeing everyone's holy grail products and advice

That was fun! Cant wait to see the results! 

This was the best skincare survey I have ever completed. Excited to see the results in the coming weeks. Great job Sephora!

That was by far my most favorite survey EVER!!!!

@darlyndar, that's probably because you are the BIC skincare queen!

Awwww @curlychiquita!!! You all have taught me so much!!!! The BIC is something special. ❤️❤️❤️

Done.

Took the quiz online. Fun to think through but difficult to choose those favorites at the end!! felt like I was betraying my other favorites 😂

Does anyone have anything that actually works on sun spots?  I tried the murad stuff and it's not working.  I'm also the korres wild rose stuff, which is also not working.  I've been thinking of doing IPL but it's $200 a pop, which I'm willing to do, but I'm unwilling to do if it's going to be $200 a pop * 10 treatments or something like that.  Has anyone had success in lightening sun spots?  My ex's mother had a huge one on her face and had it dramatically lightened but she wouldn't tell anyone what she did to get it lightened. 

RE: Re: Opinions Wanted: Skincare Tell-All

Kiehl’s Brightening cream has worked for me and my mom (especially my mom). Need to use sunscreen everyday day though.

This is an excellent question.  Maybe one of us should start a thread about it and share our experiences.  I have a big sun spot on my left cheek for couple years now.  I tried many things (Shiseido, Amore Pacific, ... ) while they are nice products but the sun spot wont budge. 😞 I'm thinking about IPL as well but i want to try couple last products (Ordinary, Drunk Elephant, etc). If these wont work in the next 6 month, i think i will go with IPL.  If i ever going that route, i will report back as well.

What? Why wouldn’t you share a secret like that? -especially if people noticed and asked.   she probably paid for expensive laser treatments if she was so unwilling to share....or maybe a deeper  face peel?  

I have a spot on my stomach and nothing I’ve tried has done much to lighten it and it’s not worth it to me to laser it off, not that I’ve tried hard to remove it.  I have noticed that some sundamage spots on my shoulders have lightened signifiantly with everyday use of my regular retinoids, vitamin c and exfoliating over the past three years along with militant sunscreen use.  I think time and consistency with lightening and exfoliating products are probably your best bet.  I don’t know a lot about lasering though.

@itscarin Sunday Riley Giod Genes and C E O brightening serum work to fade dark spots for me. The  Korres did nothing for hyperpigmntation for me either and I used it for six months. 

@itscarin I've been using varying combos of Caudalie Vinoperfect, Ole Henricksen Invigorating Night Treatment, DDG Peel Pads, and the Ordinary Alpha Arbutin for a couple of years now for dark/sun spots, scars, weird dark patches near my mouth and it's worked wonders. The Caudalie and OH are staples so I'd probably attribute most of the work to them, but I will note (as I think someone else has) that the Alpha Arbutin has also visibly lightened my complexion overall in a relatively shorter amount of time (maybe 8 months use). I actually only use it for spot treatment now, but it might be worth looking into.

I'm trying to address similar issues. I've been trying a mix of Vitamin C (C-Firma) and acids (Tarte Knockout and Sunday Good Genes) to help. I've noticed a little difference but nothing drastic yet. They say it takes months to really lighten pigmentation. To see more drastic results you need IPL. I would think at least 2/3 treatments but I would check with an aesthetician. @itscarin

@Aaliaa IPL does really work, but it can be a costly option. It also depends on the intensity of the machine used.

I've heard the success varies by skin colour, the darker you are the less effective IPL can be? @GG84

I may be wrong as my experience is only limited with my usage of IPL but I talked to my technician for a LONG time before committing. They use a "Fitzpatrick" scale to determine whether or not your skintone would be a good candidate. @Aaliaa

I've heard something similar. I wanted to get upper lip hair removal done and was advised against it based on skin colour.

79 Replies
Conversation Stats
testing