Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Newness Alert: Anastasia Prism Palette

UPDATE: Prism is now available on sephora.com and will be available on Sephora.CA on 10/17. 

So a little birdy told us that Anastasia Beverly Hills would be launching a brand new palette this holiday called Prism. Needless to say, the anticipation has been driving the whole team bananas so I just about lost it when I found out there was a Prism palette in the office the other day! We just had to borrow this little beauty to swatch and create some eye looks for our favorite beauty lovers. 

Here's the packaging – sleek, black velvet (of course) with gold design, I love this packaging design!

Prism Outer Packaging.jpg

Onto the inside of the palette! Similar to ABH’s other eyeshadow palettes the Prism palette has 14 shades but these colors are truly unique. These shades are perfect for a makeup lover who's all about metallic shades or someone who wants to experiment with new eye looks. 

Prism Inside.jpg

This palette really pushed me out of my comfort zone so if you're looking for something you can't find anywhere else this palette is for you. Prism features dark metallics, pigmented golden tones and some bright, unexpected shades as well. (Why, hello Sphere!) Of course, there are a few everyday colors as well which make the palette versatile for neutral look as well.

First, swatches!Top row of Prism Palette shadesTop row of Prism Palette shades

Bottom row of Prism Palette shadesBottom row of Prism Palette shades

Rachel and I played with a couple different looks to show you a few of the possibilities. We are both OBSESSED with the metallics! (Sphinx, Osiris and especially Pyramid!) 

In this first look, @RachelBT applied Eden as the base, with Sphinx and Eternal along the lash line. She then blended Eternal and Lure blended in the crease for some definition.

Eden as the base, with Sphinx and Eternal along the lash line. Eternal and Lure blended in the crease.Eden as the base, with Sphinx and Eternal along the lash line. Eternal and Lure blended in the crease.

For my first look I used Unity as the base and added Lure in the crease... Lure is SO pigmented IRL. I then added Lucid in the inner-corner and first half of the lid to brighten. Also, sorry I look so moody, I was very focused of capturing the different shades in this look 😛 

Lure as the base, Parallel in the crease and Lucin in the inner-corner and first half of the lid.Lure as the base, Parallel in the crease and Lucin in the inner-corner and first half of the lid.

In this second look I applied Parallel as a crease and down onto my lid... Super dark on my skintone and very pretty! Then I used my fingers to pack on Dimension across my lid, the combination of these two is beautiful! 

Parallel on the crease and lid, Dimension layered across my lid.Parallel on the crease and lid, Dimension layered across my lid.This last one is my favorite!  I applied Unity as a base and Eden on my lid and into my crease. Than I layered a bit of Eternal up by my crease and padded Pyramid across my lid using my finger. I finished with Lucid in my inner corner. Unity as a base, Edon on my lid and crease with Eternal and Pyramid across the lid.Unity as a base, Edon on my lid and crease with Eternal and Pyramid across the lid.

Similar to Modern Renaissance and Subculture, a little goes a long way with the matte shades. To avoid kick up when using the matte shades, I recommend dabbing very lightly with your brush and tapping it vertically to make sure you don't overdo it. If you have too little on your brush you can always go back in with more pigment! I am generally intimidated by darker eyeshadows, and sure enough I thought I ruined my look when I applied Parallel because it's so pigmented (100% user error). After some blending I was left with a smoky look I really loved (two photos above)!  

While the mattes applied very easily with the brush, the metallics don't work well with the brush, so I recommend using your finger instead. It makes all the difference! In my opinion, the metallics are my favorite part of this palette and make it worth picking up, especially with the holidays around the corner!

This palette will launch on Sephora.com for the US and Canada. Let us know your thoughts and be sure to ask your questions below!

EDIT: We are still confirming the launch timing. I will update this post once we confirm a date for the online and in-store launch. 

Re: Newness Alert: Anastasia Prism Palette

Within the US tho

You can get it on ABH site and 2 day shipping is only $4.00 

So now we're looking at the 10th and definitely not today? 

Hi @caitlin0820 - that's correct, we are still confirming the date. I will update the thread once I have a solid date to share. 

RE: Newness Alert: Anastasia Prism Palette

The Anastasia Instagram says it arrived late and should be in after the 10th.

Re: RE: Newness Alert: Anastasia Prism Palette

Thanks! 

leslau wrote:
The Anastasia Instagram says it arrived late and should be in after the 10th.

Has anyone figured out what's going on with this and why Sephora/ABH isn't communicating with the people buying their product and supporting their company???

MissMackenziex wrote:

Has anyone figured out what's going on with this and why Sephora/ABH isn't communicating with the people buying their product and supporting their company???

It seems they won’t have it until the 10th

A35E2948-BB05-481C-A512-FFADA65BA6DD.png

I called customer service and they said that it’ll be releasing today, but they couldn’t give a time. They just told me to keep checking the website

CS told me they have no information and directed me to this thread. I have school and work. I can't sit at my computer all day waiting for an eyeshadow palette. This whole situation is ridiculous. But at least they told you it'll be out today. I didn't even get that.

I can’t find it on their website, but I can see the sugar glow kit

I heard t was being released on the 13 or 15th of October on the Sephora website ?

They said that would be the in store release date

What is going on?  Everything I have seen says it will be launched online today.  I would have bought from ABH yesterday if I knew this wasn't accurate.  I've checked ULTA and i'm not seeing it there either?! 

I also thought it was going to launch today (10.3).  But, Sephora has been doing a lot of first day app-exclusives on Wednesdays, so I'm curious to see if the ABH Prism palette will be the next candidate!  The palette looks to be one of those palettes that inspire you to step out of your comfort zone and create something really pretty and unique!  I'm super excited!

@thestylinguy I'll update this thread with the timing as soon as we confirm a date. And yes, that's exactly what this palette did for me! So many fun colors to play with that look very beautiful when you layer them and experiment 🙂 

Anonymous Insider

I thought it would launch on sephora.com today, Oct. 3, 2017?

Sephora is just not on top of launching products, for about the past 6 months when launching they are always changing dates and not informing customers who are waiting up for their products. If they just informed their consumers of changing info it would improve a ton but they leave us guessing which is always frustrating. 

I called yesterday, rep said “12AM PT” for the release. It’s 8AM PT now...no palette.

Maybe she meant PM? I hope...

Same....

222 Replies
testing