Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Newness Alert: Anastasia Prism Palette

UPDATE: Prism is now available on sephora.com and will be available on Sephora.CA on 10/17. 

So a little birdy told us that Anastasia Beverly Hills would be launching a brand new palette this holiday called Prism. Needless to say, the anticipation has been driving the whole team bananas so I just about lost it when I found out there was a Prism palette in the office the other day! We just had to borrow this little beauty to swatch and create some eye looks for our favorite beauty lovers. 

Here's the packaging – sleek, black velvet (of course) with gold design, I love this packaging design!

Prism Outer Packaging.jpg

Onto the inside of the palette! Similar to ABH’s other eyeshadow palettes the Prism palette has 14 shades but these colors are truly unique. These shades are perfect for a makeup lover who's all about metallic shades or someone who wants to experiment with new eye looks. 

Prism Inside.jpg

This palette really pushed me out of my comfort zone so if you're looking for something you can't find anywhere else this palette is for you. Prism features dark metallics, pigmented golden tones and some bright, unexpected shades as well. (Why, hello Sphere!) Of course, there are a few everyday colors as well which make the palette versatile for neutral look as well.

First, swatches!Top row of Prism Palette shadesTop row of Prism Palette shades

Bottom row of Prism Palette shadesBottom row of Prism Palette shades

Rachel and I played with a couple different looks to show you a few of the possibilities. We are both OBSESSED with the metallics! (Sphinx, Osiris and especially Pyramid!) 

In this first look, @RachelBT applied Eden as the base, with Sphinx and Eternal along the lash line. She then blended Eternal and Lure blended in the crease for some definition.

Eden as the base, with Sphinx and Eternal along the lash line. Eternal and Lure blended in the crease.Eden as the base, with Sphinx and Eternal along the lash line. Eternal and Lure blended in the crease.

For my first look I used Unity as the base and added Lure in the crease... Lure is SO pigmented IRL. I then added Lucid in the inner-corner and first half of the lid to brighten. Also, sorry I look so moody, I was very focused of capturing the different shades in this look 😛 

Lure as the base, Parallel in the crease and Lucin in the inner-corner and first half of the lid.Lure as the base, Parallel in the crease and Lucin in the inner-corner and first half of the lid.

In this second look I applied Parallel as a crease and down onto my lid... Super dark on my skintone and very pretty! Then I used my fingers to pack on Dimension across my lid, the combination of these two is beautiful! 

Parallel on the crease and lid, Dimension layered across my lid.Parallel on the crease and lid, Dimension layered across my lid.This last one is my favorite!  I applied Unity as a base and Eden on my lid and into my crease. Than I layered a bit of Eternal up by my crease and padded Pyramid across my lid using my finger. I finished with Lucid in my inner corner. Unity as a base, Edon on my lid and crease with Eternal and Pyramid across the lid.Unity as a base, Edon on my lid and crease with Eternal and Pyramid across the lid.

Similar to Modern Renaissance and Subculture, a little goes a long way with the matte shades. To avoid kick up when using the matte shades, I recommend dabbing very lightly with your brush and tapping it vertically to make sure you don't overdo it. If you have too little on your brush you can always go back in with more pigment! I am generally intimidated by darker eyeshadows, and sure enough I thought I ruined my look when I applied Parallel because it's so pigmented (100% user error). After some blending I was left with a smoky look I really loved (two photos above)!  

While the mattes applied very easily with the brush, the metallics don't work well with the brush, so I recommend using your finger instead. It makes all the difference! In my opinion, the metallics are my favorite part of this palette and make it worth picking up, especially with the holidays around the corner!

This palette will launch on Sephora.com for the US and Canada. Let us know your thoughts and be sure to ask your questions below!

EDIT: We are still confirming the launch timing. I will update this post once we confirm a date for the online and in-store launch. 

RE: Re: Newness Alert: Anastasia Prism Palette

Since when does \"ART\" have rules? You are no one to judge anyone's makeup or ANYTHING in fact. If you don't like it then leave. There's no need to spread negativity. It's her face and her makeup, she can do whatever she feels. Have a good day.

Re: Newness Alert: Anastasia Prism Palette

@Anonymous How unfortunate that your first posted was used to attack the very people who were kind enough to bring this product to our attention in the first place.  How about the next time you engage with this community, or any community, you check your entitlement at the door? 

CBnick wrote:

Was planning on buying this palette but TBH this thread has me FREAKING OUT! The woman in the pictures makeup is horrific! Not blended in the slightest like did you even TRY? And the placement of the shades are questionable at best. Ahhh I'm so confused. This thread is not doing the palette any justice. And the picture quality is horrible. Wow. Guess I'll wait till it's in stores to try it myself... 

@Anonymous

notcute.png

I think Katie and Rachel look beautiful, as always, and I appreciate seeing the swatches and eye shadow looks on real women.  This is a community where we should be supporting each other, not tearing each other down.  

@Anonymous Who pissed in your cornflakes this morning? Their photos are SWATCHES for us out of the kindness of their hearts. Katie and Rachel put themselves out there for us and didn't have to. No one here claims to be experts and no one should be judged on their skill level when putting themselves out there. Do you carry an arsenal of blending brushes to work with you in your purse? If so good for you but a lot of people don't. I don't think your rudeness is warranted. Your post is very unsettling and unwelcomed. There was no point to your post other than to make one of our dearest mods feel bad. This commentary is akin to going to someone's house and insulting them. I suggest you apologize.

Re: RE: Re: Newness Alert: Anastasia Prism Palette

clap2.gif

@Anonymous Rude

If I could down-vote this post, I would.

Please, go and try it yourself, and take your negativity elsewhere. @Anonymous

No need to throw...

Image result for shade over building gif

Come on @Anonymous, you know that wasn't cool.  We can communicate without bringing others down.

Wow! I'm sorry but that's just rude. I think the pictures are great. I prefer seeing these vs the over processed and photoshopped pics that aren't even realistic.

That's exactly it. I want to see things unprocessed. If I want perfection ill go look at Instagram filtered photos.

I'm even more excited about this palette after seeing it in action 😄 

RE: Newness Alert: Anastasia Prism Palette

Yeah I’ve also been waiting for this all day as well as the Sugar GlowKit..was happy to see that when I woke up this morning. I had been checking this site since 12 am PST. Tracking says I’ll have it tomorrow and I can’t wait!! Super excited for the Prism palette to arrive!!!

I hope Sphere is awesome to work with- I love the color!

I've literally been on the site all day checking, abh said not till the 10th cuteomer service said sometime today,,,I'm about to buy from abh themselves at 5 because this is ridiculous and really absurd that we get sent to this crap thread every time we inquire about it. Communication must be too much for Sephora in this case 

I had a feeling that something would cause it not to go on sale at Sephora.com today.I didn't want to wait so I just got it on the Anastasia website and two day shipping is only $4.

I'm glad I gave in, in some ways. I oreded it yesterday a...

I'm glad I gave in, in some ways. I oreded it yesterday and it will be in my hands tomorrow. I did want the points I would of got getting it on the Sephora website

Re: I'm glad I gave in, in some ways. I oreded it yesterday a...

It's even more gIt's even more g

Got it yesterday have not stopped playing with it. I get my Sugar Glow Kit on Monday! 

RE: Newness Alert: Anastasia Prism Palette

Can't wait! Eeeeeeek! 😍

Norvina said it should be live on about the 17th.

You can get it on ABH site and 2 day shipping is only $4.00 

testing