Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

New Functionality Alert: The Unanswered Posts module is here!

Unanswered Posts.png

[EDIT 2/4/22] The “Unanswered Threads” module has undergone a makeover and has new name: “Unanswered Posts.” 😊 All mentions of the module title below have been updated.

🚨A new capability has come your way…🚨. Now introducing the Unanswered Posts module in the Beauty Insider Community Forum! We know many of you are passionate about joining new conversations and answering questions from fellow beauty lovers, so we’re excited to bring this feature to you to make it even easier to do that. To see the Unanswered Posts module, visit the Community home and/or group pages – it is available in the righthand menu when you’re visiting from your favorite web browser on a desktop, or in the bottom menu from a mobile browser (and stay tuned for it on the Sephora app! 🙏).

Here’s how it works: If a Forum thread has not received at least one reply in 24 hours from the time it was posted, the thread will make its way to the Unanswered Posts module both on the Community home page and on the main page of the group it lives in. For example, if @GeorginaBT starts a conversation in the Wellness Warriors group and the thread doesn’t receive any replies a day after she posts it, it will show up under Unanswered Posts on the Wellness Warriors group page and the Community home page.

The Community home page acts as a hub to display unanswered conversations from all groups. If a thread shows up in Unanswered Posts on the Makeup is Life group, it won’t necessarily display on the Community home page at the same time – the home page module may show newer content from other groups!

A maximum of five threads will appear within the Unanswered Posts module at any time. As soon as a thread receives at least one reply, it will disappear from Unanswered Posts since, well, it would no longer be “unanswered!” 😉 Additionally, once a thread goes 60 days without receiving any answers, it will fall off from the module so fresh threads have a chance to be seen and get some love!

Can you spot the Unanswered Posts module on the Community home page and group pages? 🔍 Take a look and let us know if you end up responding to any unanswered posts by hitting the “Reply” button below!

Re: New Functionality Alert: The Unanswered Posts module is here!

Hello, I do not post often. I suppose I am just not a good fit. Maybe because I’m not on *Broadway* dunno…

but I feel there is active shadowbanning occurring in many social media group threads. 

*my phone just dinged so that is confirmation from the universe.*

I feel many of these groups were intended for marketing purposes, but unfortunately, based off my intuition the energy doesn’t change. If nothing positive occurs because of jealousy, envy, or longing to be popular, it just does not feel genuine to me. 

I’ve been registered here for nearly two years and no one has emailed nor spoken directly to me, and I feel that speaks volumes. If the model was intended to be like junior high then that is the energy the model will attract. 

high vibrational people will abandon the threads because it no longer serves their highest good. I love Sephora and their products but when I’m personally targeted or as I can see so are others, it’s time to leave social media groups until the model improves. Because there’s no point in posting-it feels more like (and I’m being honest) a narcissistic supply. God always says that whenever someone does not welcome you, it’s time to say thank you and leave. Social media needs to change. There cannot be fear or jealousy of one over the other. That’s like shooting your marketing firm in the foot. 

I will be spending my Valentines Day with the special someone in my life who champions and loves and supports me in everything I do. Not on the town sipping champagne, I prefer the quiet life where intimacy is not for the world, but just you and your partner. As the universe intended. 

But I will be wearing my new perfume by #JoMalone #orangeblossom it is truly divine! Sexy, scintillating, fresh, and carries a mystery of the best is yet to come. 

all the best! 

Tracy Downey

Re: New Functionality Alert: The Unanswered Posts module is here!

@MermaidnTx 

Hello 👋🏼

Firstly, I cannot tell you how to feel or honestly, change your opinion. I do feel some of your conclusions about social media are accurate, but that these don't really reflect the forum here.  I'm sorry you feel that way, which is why I guess I'm responding.  I also kind of take a bit of umbrage to the tone about BIC. It's really full of nice people.  People have been kind to me here, and I've just been myself.

Anecdotally speaking, just as you have done,  you could wait for someone to inbox you, but that takes a while sometimes.   I myself posted without a lot of interaction in the beginning, but never felt it was the community not being welcoming.  I felt it because I was new. Whatever perceived notions I had were my own, likely based on shyness and personal experiences that left me feeling more hesitant to interact. That being said, you could just inbox someone.  It's always risky or scary with someone new, but even long-time friends were new friends at one point.  Communication is only successful if both parties exchange ideas.  If you would like things to change, yes you can step aside and stay in your peace.  BUT, you can also be the change you wish to see.

"We but mirror the world. All the tendencies present in the outer world are to be found in the world of our body. If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change. As a man changes his own nature, so does the attitude of the world change towards him. This is the divine mystery supreme. A wonderful thing it is and the source of our happiness. We need not wait to see what others do."

Re: New Functionality Alert: The Unanswered Threads module is here!

@TeamBIC  What a great idea! There aren't any I can answer quite yet, but I'll be sure to check back.

I think this is a good idea.  I try to answer unanswered questions.  Unfortunately, these are ones I can't answer. 😞

Yay, we're glad you think so @Titian06! And that's totally fine - I've been coming across questions I don't know the answer to either; however with so many of us here in the BIC, the hope is that someone out there might have something to say about any given question. 😊

@TeamBIC  this is great! I see it and just answered a question that I can totally relate to. I hope my answer helps this person.

@TeamBIC I'll keep an eye out - this is a great tool for the Community!

Great @TeamBIC ! I can see it and will be sure to click in to answer some unanswered questions!!

Cool addition, @TeamBIC!

Ahhh, this is kind of cool.  I am always a little leary to start a new thread myself.  Also, way to repurpose the space @TeamBIC 

@TeamBIC  I can’t seem to spot it. Is it on the mobile version as well?

@ather - Did you find the unanswered threads?  Scroll all the way to the bottom of your screen.  They're on the left-hand side just above the black shaded area.  (I'm on a tablet.)

Found it @Titian06  i think I looked but not that far at the bottom last night. 

@Titian06  Thanks. I’ll try right now!

Good idea, will check it out! @TeamBIC 

@TeamBIC @What a helpful add on. I see it on my end and have already replied to an unanswered question. 

🙏🙏 I had a feeling you'd be on it @SportyGirly125! Thanks for always putting in effort to help others out. 😊

17 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 17 replies
  • 118 Hearts Given
  • 13 Contributors
Photos1
  • Unanswered Posts.png
testing