Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

NYE at the GROVE, LA!

Hey There BIC!Jeffrey here, Sephora Beauty Director. I hope you all had an amazing Holiday filled with Love and lots of Lipstick!?! As I mentioned before the break, I love the holidays! But, NYE is one of my FAVORITE DAYS to work with clients in-store. The energy is always so palpable; clients are all hustling around picking up last minute needs to start their resolutions, and the BEAUTY STUDIO is at it's busiest. I have so many fond memories of adding a little glitz and glam to sparkleup my clients' New Year's Eve looks! It's so much fun!So, for this NYE I decided to pop in for a surprise visit at one of the BUSIEST stores inLos Angeles: The GROVE! You know... Just to see what was shakin’, LOL! I can tell you that this store may have a smaller footprint, but what itlacks in size, it makes up for in might! The team here sees THOUSANDS of local and touristic clients come through their doors each week, so it's no wonder the cast there all function together like a well-oiled machine. I was in awe at how quickly and beautifully they were able to execute all of the Custom Makeovers they had scheduled at the studiothat day. The team there is truly amazing! It was definitely busy in the mall and people were everywhere; all trying to shop, dine, and possibly catch one of the Grove's famous celebrity-sightings (I even saw a celeb shopping in Sephora with his daughters, HOW COOL!). It was ablast getting to hang out for the evening, so I wanted to share with you all a few of my highlights!: CHECKING IN:Isn't she Lovely!When I arrived, the Grove was packed. And upon checking in with Beauty Studio Coordinator, I was informed that the team was completely booked with consultations at the studio for the entire day. It looks like you guysout there in Sephora Land are organized and know how to book in advance. Quick Tip: for Holidays I recommend booking your makeovers about 2-3weeks in advance, because these slots tend to fill up fast. It's so easy to book a makeover these days; with just a few clicks or taps on your smart phone, you can set up super quick and easy. Not to mention that the \"Happening At Sephora\" tab on the main page of Sephora.com is so easy to follow and find any event you could ever need to find at Sephora. Check it out here: https://www.sephora.com/happening/home HANGING WITH THE TEAM:I’ve been to this store a few times by now, so it’s always good to see how everyone is doing. As soon as I walked tothe back to drop my stuff, I was greeted with familiar faces like Steph, who I’ve known now for over 9 years!!! Talk about # SEPHORAFAM! I hope she doesn’t mind that I gaffled this cute photo from FB. LOL! To top it all off, Everyone was rocking NYE gear to get into the spirit! This store is really where it’s at!Me and my \"Lil' Shawty\" THE MAKEOVERS:As I’ve said already, the team SLAYED looks all day! I saw client afterclient leave with Smokey Eyes and Bold Lips. The cast even set up a mini “Lash and Dash” station to quickly apply false lashes for those in a hurry.No NYE Look is complete without LASHES!One look that I was particularly in love with, was this one from Gabby Lee Ray! She slayedthe look! The client loved the finished result and even had time to stop by for a quick Fragrance IQ! Not to mention, Gabby is one of the cleanest, most organized, artists I’ve ever seen. Her station was impeccable. (Probably another reason why she’s so fast!) Had to get aphoto of that too! Her client left SUPER happy and made a few purchases, including a recommendation from me: Artist Couture Diamond Loose Highlight Powder in the shade “Conceited”. WHAT?!? She needed it, I had to add a LITTLE something to the look too! LOL!LOL @ the \"PartyRecovery\" Tower in the back.Gabby hard at werk!Happy Client! Getting herGlow-On!Purchased and Ready!So fresh and so clean!#### Now there was one CRYSTAL clear STAR product that I kept seeing at everyone’s stations! Gabby even used it on HER station, can you guess what it was? If you wanna know which product took the Play of the Day, Click the Spoiler Below: Spoiler (Highlight to read)I know YOU all guessed it!The Natasha Denona Chroma Cystal Top Coats were the toast of the evening. I saw several cast members use this product to give a gorgeously reflective, wet-finish shine to the stops of their NYW Smokey Eyes. Literally, ONESWEEP of this with your finger is enough to leave a glass like finish to the surface of the lid. I had no idea Natasha had launched these two smokey shades either! New OBSESSION!Natasha Denona Chroma Crystal Top Coats in \"Full Metal Bronze\" & \"Full Metal Black\"I know YOU all guessed it!The Natasha Denona Chroma Cystal Top Coats were the toast of the evening. I saw several cast members use this product to give agorgeously reflective, wet-finish shine to the stops of their NYW SmokeyEyes. Literally, ONE SWEEP of this with your finger is enough to leave a glass like finish to the surface of the lid. I had no idea Natasha had launched these two smokey shades either! New OBSESSION!Natasha Denona Chroma Crystal Top Coats in \"Full Metal Bronze\" & \"Full MetalBlack\"Well, hopefully you enjoyed getting a sneak peek into the Heart of Los Angeles to start the new year! Thank you guys again for all of your love and support and I can’t wait to hear from you all! Now YOU tell ME:Do you have any fond memories of getting your makeup done for NYE? Any pics to share?Do you have any tips and tricks/ best practices for those folks booking special-event custom makeover appointments at the studio?What was YOUR must-have featured product for your NYE GLAM this year?Shout out YOUR favorite store for makeovers and who is your Artist of choice?I'd love to hear from you all!

Isn't she Lovely!Isn't she Lovely!

Me and my "Lil' Shawty"Me and my "Lil' Shawty"

No NYE Look is complete without LASHES!No NYE Look is complete without LASHES!

LOL @ the "Party Recovery" Tower in the back.LOL @ the "Party Recovery" Tower in the back.

Happy Client! Getting her Glow-On!Happy Client! Getting her Glow-On!

Fragrance IQ.jpg

Gabby hard at werk!Gabby hard at werk!

Purchased and Ready!Purchased and Ready!

So fresh and so clean!So fresh and so clean!

Natasha Denona Chroma Crystal Top Coats in "Full Metal Bronze" & "Full Metal Black"Natasha Denona Chroma Crystal Top Coats in "Full Metal Bronze" & "Full Metal Black"

Re: NYE at the GROVE, LA!

Oh and JUST IN CASE you all were wondering... Here's a shot of MY NYE look! The theme was "Pretty Rich!" Did I nail it? LMK what you guys think! Happy

2019 Y'all!

The Lewk: Royal Tea, "Gifts from the Orient"The Lewk: Royal Tea, "Gifts from the Orient"

Here's the deets:

Artist Couture Diamond Glow Powder Conceited

STILA - Shimmer & Glow Liquid Eye Shadow

KVD Beauty Tattoo Liner Vegan Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner Trooper

MARC JACOBS BEAUTY - Highliner Gel Eye Crayon Eyeliner

stila Stay All Day® Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner Intense Black

Buxom Full-On™ Plumping Lip Polish Gloss Dolly

RE: Re: NYE at the GROVE, LA!

Eyeliner is poppin!!!! Perfect for all that side eye action👀👀! Love your energy! So cool meting you in 2018! Love your videos! Happy new year!!

This look is straight fire @JeffreyBD Heart 

nicki minaj queen GIF

Wow @JeffreyBD this looks perfect down to the outfit 😯😯 LOVE the dark green and black combo!! ❤️

@JeffreyBDDayum you slayed it!!!!

Holy moly! Smiley Surprised "nailed it"?!  More like..."killed it", mister!  Heart  You look awesome....and can we talk about that blinding glow @JeffreyBD  

Thanks for the amazing recap of your visit!  The Grove is an amazing store - they get so much foot traffic (is it as crazy as the Hollywood & Highland store? Smiley Indifferent)  I can't imagine how busy they were on NYE and yet, they all look so happy & cheery!   Amazing!

@JeffreyBD

zaQ9e0.gif

Can we just take a moment to appriciate your perfect eyeliner? 

THANK YOU! LOL!!! I need to do a Tuto on how to do it now!

You looked amazing 😉 @JeffreyBD thank you so much for sharing your look and NYE day journey!!! Sure everyone was excited to see you and learn from you 💜 I know I would ☺️

Hi @JeffreyBD,

You look amazing and I hope you had the most wonderful New Year! I def will be adding a crown to my New Year ensemble next year, so thanks for the inspiration! 

Best Wishes,

Janean

I'm glad you liked it! I picked it up at a Quiceanera Supply store LOL! THANK YOU DTLA! 

@JeffreyBD You look AMAZING! That liner and highlight are everything 🙂

Best,
Rebecca

thank you!!! 🙏🙏🙏

You definitely nailed the look, @JeffreyBD!  You look amazing!  The event sounds like it was fantastic!

@JeffreyBD I totally agree with @HelenBT you totally nailed it.  I love everything about this look: the fierceness with the eyeliner, to the beaming highlight and he jewels with the crown.

You definitely nailed it @JeffreyBD! Your crown and liner is best part 🙂

Thanks BABES!! I was super happy with how it turned out! I love a FULL-ON GRAPHIC LOOK!

16 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 17 replies
  • 93 Hearts Given
  • 13 Contributors
Photos12
  • Isn't she Lovely!
  • Me and my "Lil' Shawty"
  • No NYE Look is complete without LASHES!
  • LOL @ the "Party Recovery" Tower in the back.
  • Happy Client! Getting her Glow-On!
  • Fragrance IQ.jpg
  • Gabby hard at werk!
  • Purchased and Ready!
  • So fresh and so clean!
  • Natasha Denona Chroma Crystal Top Coats in "Full Metal Bronze" & "Full Metal Black"
  • The Lewk: Royal Tea, "Gifts from the Orient"
  • zaQ9e0.gif
testing