Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Monthly Favorites: September 2022 Edition!

GeorginaBT_0-1663949728859.jpeg

End of September already, BIC! 🤯🍂 Beauty-wise, this has been a month of hydration for me, and that is definitely reflected in my monthly faves. To be honest, a few of the products I’m shouting out here have actually been at the top of my list for the past couple of months, but they’ve become so integrated into my regular routine that I almost forgot about them (considering the number of times I wash my hands throughout the day, is it safe to say that the Ouai soap is my most-used beauty product?). Hydration heavy-hitters aside, I wish I could transmit scent through the BIC and out from your screen for you to catch a whiff of the floral magic that is my new go-to Nest perfume… 😌

Here’s a list of the products I kept coming back to this month:

What about you, BIC? Hit the “Reply” button and let us know what skincare, hair, makeup, fragrance, and/or wellness products you were reaching for the most in September. Remember to use the “#” symbol to make it easy for fellow BICers to shop your lists! 😊

Re: Monthly Favorites: September 2022 Edition!

@Sunnysmom  I like the mascara for my more light makeup days!! It gives lots of length!! 

Thanks @ather , that’s great to know. 😊

@Sunnysmom  I also agree I think we have very similar tastes! And we totally could share!! I remember stealing my moms makeup when I was younger!! 

Ha that’s amazing @ather ! My mom’s was so minimal at the time as was mine. Boy how times change tho it takes a lot to look natural anymore! 🤣

@Sunnysmom  My mom owned 2 franchise stores of Merle Norman. Not sure if it’s a Canadian makeup store so I grew up around makeup! My mom use to take 2 hours to put her makeup on and I remember she took me to the mall her store was in for a haircut and she had no makeup on no one recognized her. My mom barely wears makeup now. She now owns a chocolate company she created! 

Wow, how awesome that your mom owned a couple Merle Norman franchises @ather. I bet that you learned a lot from her about skincare and makeup.

@Loretta55  I definitely did. But now that I’m into it she’s not. But it’s ok I’m into chocolate too. My mom always had me using skincare since pre teens. I was super lucky she also was into it. 

You’re kidding me @ather ! That is so wonderful. What a hard working mom too. I do know MN! I used to love a few of their lippies and glosses when younger ! (What a shocker I know .🙃) There used to be a shop nearby but not sure if it still is. Makeup to chocolate?! Yes please, perfect transition! Hugs to you both, miss mine! 🥰 

@ather I keep going back and forth on picking up the Summer Fridays Lip Butter Balm Set; I definitely don't NEED it but it seems like everyone loves those!

I just picked this up @CookieGirl1! I wanted a backup of Summer Fridays Lip Butter Balm for Hydration & Shine Vanilla and getting to try Summer Fridays Lip Butter Balm for Hydration & Shine Brown Sugar was an added bonus. 😊 I've been leaving the little ones in purses/at my office desk. 

@GeorginaBT they all SOUND so good!

@CookieGirl1  I really love it!!! I find the brand works really good on my skin!

I was fooling around with a few products and I found my new HG. Due to over tweezing my eyebrows I am left with my gaps. I have tried numerous products but everything looked fake and overdone to me. I have been using Grande Cosmetics GrandeBROW Brow Enhancing Serum 4 Month Supply which has truly helped with regrowth. I was fooling around with PATRICK TA Major Brow Shaping Wax (tinted version) and GXVE BY GWEN STEFANI Hella On Point Clean Ultra-Fine Brow Pencil (I received shade 5 as part of a gratis package) and I was wowed by the results. Today only there is a sale on brow products so I ordered another PT Brow Shaping Wax and GXVE in shade 4 because I have shade 4 in the other brow pencil and it is a perfect match. On days that I am in a hurry I will just use the brow wax but adding the pencil really brings it to the next level.

@Loretta55 Oooh I've been curious about the Patrick Ta brow wax! I don't know if my brows are thick enough to give me the bushy laminated brow look that I've been loving on others lately, but maybe the key is to fake it with a fine-tip pencil like that GXVE one. Ideas, ideas... 🧡👀

Adding the GXVE BY GWEN STEFANI Hella On Point Clean Ultra-Fine Brow Pencil really takes my eyebrows to the next level @GeorginaBT. It is worth trying.

That’s great to know about the Grande brow stuff @Loretta55.  Mine could sure use it! I took em for granted when younger! 😩

Nobody would believe that I actually had a unibrow once @Sunnysmom . They were thick and unruly.

That’s awesome @Loretta55 !! 😂 I wish! 

@Loretta55  Great favs!

Thank you very much @ather.

This month held a rare surprise for me- I found two dry shampoos that I love!

Rossano Ferretti Parma Dry Shampoo Cream 1.7 oz/ 50 mL   and Saints and Sinners Superfresh Dry Shampoo.

The RF Vivace Shampoo Cream is a very thin gel.  I had never used a formula like this before, but it worked well, no whitish cast, and had the added benefit of soothing my always inflamed scalp.  The scent is a little bit strongly floral out of the bottle, but it does dissipate enough for me to use it.

Saints and Sinners dry shampoo is the typical spray formula.  It leaves no cast, and alleviated my very greasy roots without drying them.  It added a little bit of volume, but I wouldn't depend upon it for that. The scent reminds me of Living Proof's dry shampoo but maybe with a little bit of musk and powder added.

Josie Maran Whipped Argan Oil Face Butter Unscentedmatched with Josie Maran Argan Smooth Skin Resurfacing Serum 0.85 oz/ 25 mL  works very, very well to smooth my skin overnight.  No irritation either, but I always use these together (and sometimes add the Josie Maran 100 percent Pure Argan Oil also.  I am a die-hard Biossance fan, but these are an effective duo to mix things up.

tarte tartelette™ tubing mascara Black- Wow!  I hope some of you decided to try this when it was 50% off this month on Sephora and Ulta.  It adds a lot of length, and works well on top of other brands and formulas.  I particularly liked using it on top of Surratt's mascara. 

Dior Diorshow Waterproof Mascara- Excellent, of course- it's Dior.  It removes easily also.

Shiseido MicroLiner Ink Eyeliner04 Navy.  Inky, inky dark blue.  Glides on, won't smudge.  I really like these liners.  They are also thin, which means I can easily tightline if I care to.

MAC Love Me Liquid Lipcolour in Bated Breath- I think this is a great early fall shade.  I need to find a matching lip liner though.

september faves.jpg

bated breath navy swatches.jpg

Spoiler
mac bated breath.jpg

The 

6 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos24
  • GeorginaBT_0-1663949728859.jpeg
  • 227A0682-006D-4E76-B098-9BE6883F4808.jpeg
  • 840BC008-60C6-46EF-8398-485EF2595CCD.jpeg
  • 0948FF7D-33FA-444F-A92D-435430D23C6A.jpeg