Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Monthly Favorites: September 2021 Edition!

GeorginaBT_0-1632497201867.png

­­

September is almost at its end, and you know what that means – it’s time for us to share our monthly favorites! While I have one newer product that made it on my list this month (*not-so-subtly flips my hair so you catch a whiff of Ouai x Byredo’s warm, sandalwood-scented leave-in conditioner*), September mostly had me rediscovering old favorites in my collection. These are my tried and trues!

The Beauty Insider Community wants to know: what beauty products have you been loving this month? All makeup, skincare, hair care, fragrance, and wellness recommendations are more than welcome. Here are my September favorites:

Hit the “Reply” button below to share what beauty products you’ve been reaching for the most lately and use the “#” symbol to tag your faves!

Re: Monthly Favorites: September 2021 Edition!

@GeorginaBT fabulous favorites!! My September loves are:

IMG_20211005_095447382.jpg

Trader Joe's strawberry lemon sugar scrub and Trader Joe's Halloween cookies OMG both of these are instant loves!! 

Bath and body works pistachio ice cream candle, I picked this up on a whim and I'm so glad I did!!! I don't even want to burn it anymore because,,,I need at least 2 backups of this baby 

Supergoop! 100% Mineral Mattescreen Sunscreen SPF 40 1.5 oz/ 45 mL is hands down my most favorite sunscreen I've ever tried,, it doesn't break me out at all and I love the way it just sinks in with ease 

innisfree Pore Clearing Clay Mask 3.38 oz/ 100 mL how I love this product, my skin feels so amazingly soft and smooth after using it 

FENTY BEAUTY by Rihanna Gloss Bomb Universal Lip Luminizer Diamond Milk I've been constantly reaching for this beauty thanks again @TeamBIC 

tarte knockout daily exfoliating cleanser 4.19 oz/ 124 mL for a cleanser with BHA it exfoliates gently and leaves my skin soft and never feels too drying

20211002_175511~2.jpg

The beautyblender Makeup Sponge+Liquid Cleanser Set works really well to clean my sponges, actually better than the #SEPHORA COLLECTION Sigma x Sephora - Brush Cleaning Set IMO. Plus the bottle is better. When I bought it, I meant to get the unscented one, but the Lavendar isn't too overwhelming. 

Anastasia Beverly Hills Dewy Set Setting Spray is proving to be a good option now that the FARSÁLI Rose Gold 24K Skin Mist 1.7 oz/ 50 mL, although it is stickier and the most isn't as fine. 

I'm loving Kaleidos eyeshadow and the Lunar Lavender is no exception. 4 beautifully blendable mattes and 2 shimmery shades. Just gorgeous!! 

I find it hard to reach for a blush that isn't the Tower 28 Beauty BeachPlease Lip + Cheek Cream Blush Golden Hour. I want every shade of the formula but I already have too many cream blushes. 

At first I didn't like the Tatcha The Pearl Tinted Eye Illuminating Treatment, but I think it had more to do with the brush I was using to apply it (too scratchy), and I thought it was irritating my undereyes. It works to color correct my dark circles without being too drying or cakey. A little goes a LONG way too. 

The Ellis Brooklyn FAWN Eau de Parfum 1.7 oz/ 50 mL Eau de Parfum Spray is a surprise!! I don't like a lot of fragrances, and this one is a little outside my comfort zone, but it just evokes warmth. Plus a cute barista complimented it!! 

Not pictured is the Skinfix Barrier+ Foaming Oil Hydrating Cleanser 6 oz/ 177 mL. I've been disappointed by a lot of Skinfix products, I thought they'd be great for my dry, sensitive skin. This cleanser, however, works great, doesn't overly dry, my skin looks clearer and works really well with my PMD Clean Pro

I heat the ABH setting spray is good, @haleyvvvv.. I hear you on the blushes, I own so many!  The golden hour looks like such a pretty color.

It is SUCH a gorgeous color, @curlychiquita!! Definitely recommend if you're missing an orangey shade!! 

Back to School Essentials.  Nothing says September like back to school must-haves.  Even if you're not in school 😂

The perfect gel point pen:

Algenist Triple Algae Eye Renewal Balm Eye Cream - I have what I call "perma baggage" underneath my eye, but this has helped the hollow look less apparent.  I've been using a DS and it has lasted quite a while.  I love my belif, but this may be a keeper, too.

The trapper keeper:

SEPHORA COLLECTION Smooth + Blur Primer - This is a great dupe for the pore professional, but at sephora's "way nice" price.  It's great for makeup less days as it mattifies and blurs on me.

The cute backpack:

Peace Out Daily Repairing Moisturizer 1.7 oz/ 50 mL - I don't like the texture, like it's thick but doesn't have the emollient feeling.  BUT, is it moisturizing and not irrating?  Yes!  Have I had any reactions with it?  No!  So, I'm sold, and the pump dispenses the perfect amount.

The cool cartoon character eraser:

belif Aqua Bomb Cleansing Balm 3.3 oz/ 100 mL - This is my go to eye make up remover.  Gets it all picasso like and off my eyes, love it.

The first day outfit:

Maison Margiela ’REPLICA’ By The Fireplace Travel Spray 0.34 oz/ 10 mL - I love this scent, it's just so spicy and smoky.  It makes me feel kind of dangerous, I don't know why, like I'm a femme fatale in film noir.

@danielledanielle I hear you! A lot of my F&F sale purchase is essentials.

FBBC32D4-1A9D-446C-AD8D-BAC91D530542.jpeg

I was away most of September and used a ton of foils which ended up killing my skin barrier (too many acids and a different climate) so I spent the rest of the month with pretty much nothing on my face and if I had to the SEPHORA COLLECTION Clean Glowing Skin Foundation #19 #seemed to be great. It didn’t irritate my skin more. KORRES Greek Yoghurt Foaming Cream Cleanser 5.07 oz/ 150 mL  was gentle and didn’t cause any extra stinging. Coming back to a super dry climate Summer Fridays Babymoon Belly Balm 5 oz/ 150 mL is so moisturizing and not greasy feeling. And sadly  Ouai volume spray has been a favourite of mine but sadly looks like Sephora Canada isn’t carrying it anymore. I watched a video where it is used before they use the Dyson air wrap and it’s made such a difference for me. I may need to search out another product 😭

Oh, I really want to try the SEPHORA COLLECTION Clean Glowing Skin Foundation #5 , @ather!! Glad to hear it didn't irritate your skin!! 

@ather oooh, I'm sorry about the OUAI Volume Spray 4.7 oz/ 140 mL not being at Sephora Canada anymore BUT I've actually been curious about that one!  Does it make your hair feel too gritty/sticky?

@CookieGirl1  Not at all. It just gives my hair some shape and smoother finish!

@ather good to know!  Thanks 🙂

@ather , oh man, sorry to hear about your skin, but it sounds like you've got a pathway to get it back on track.

I love that cute little tray.  Hope you find a new spray, too.

@danielledanielle  Thanks! I was reading online that the ouai wave spray might work and I have a bottle I’ve been too lazy to wash my hair and try it out. 

Late to the party, but: 

3 skincare faves...3 skincare faves......and 1 nail fave for September 2021....and 1 nail fave for September 2021.
Wander Beauty Sight C-er is the vitamin C serum I’ve tested for the last couple months. Contains ascorbyl tetraisopalmitate (an oil-soluble derivative of ascorbic acid) plus kakadu plum extract, along with niacinamide and 7 forms of hyaluronic acid. I need to use it longer and more consistently before I can talk about results, but so far my skin tolerates it well and I like the very light cream-like texture. I like it waaaay better than the last oil-soluble vitamin C serum I tested, which was too greasy on my skin. Bonus points for the airless pump bottle. 

The INKEY List Polyhydroxy Acid (PHA) Gentle Exfoliating Toner 3.4 oz/ 100 mL and The INKEY List Retinol Fine Lines and Wrinkles Serum 1 oz / 30 ml aren’t new to me at all. For months (maybe even a year now), I’ve used The Inkey List Retinol under my eyes and on my neck while using a stronger retinaldehyde serum on the rest of my face. The PHA toner's usually applied to my neck twice a week. But in September, I also used it on my tear troughs as a very gentle exfoliant. Some of the bumpy texture there has decreased as a result, and I’ve had no irritation—unlike the times I’ve accidentally applied my usual 10% AHA serum on that skin. 

Live Love Polish Vaporize is one of my favorite sparkly multichrome nail polishes. I wore it a lot in September but, for some reason, didn’t photograph it on my nails. 🤦‍♀️ It has a yellow, gold, orange, and green shift that’s fun to stare at in various types of lighting. Before last month, I hadn’t used it in maybe a year… eh, I hadn’t done much to my nails at all since mid-2019. But wearing it lately has helped nudge me back into taking better care of my nails. 

@WinglessOne that nail polish looks like such a perfect grungy color for Fall!

@CookieGirl1  It's almost like having every fall foliage color on your nails. 

@WinglessOne  I’ve been loving the inkey list retinol too!! 

@ather  Isn't it a great product? It used to be my full-face retinol serum. I switched to something stronger last year, but TIL's retinol is still gentle enough for my neck and undereyes. 

@WinglessOne  which retinol do you use on your full face?  M not sure if my skin could handle it but always curious!

@ather  I use Avene RetrinAL 0.1 Intensive Cream. It’s not a retinol, it’s a 0.1% retinaldehyde.* My dermatologist and I decided I should try retinaldehyde (aka retinal) instead of tretinoin for my particular skin: retinal is more potent than retinol, with fewer side effects than both retinol and tretinoin.

Before retinal, I’d used the Sobel Skin 4.5% retinol for a few months. My skin’s much happier with the retinal product. There are other retinal serums out there at different strengths, including Avene’s 0.05% version. But since I wasn’t a vitamin A newbie, I chose the 0.1%—especially since it contains evening primrose oil for a fatty acids boost. 

*Both retinol and retinal are forms of vitamin A. Skin converts retinol to retinaldehyde, then converts that to retinoic acid. 

159 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos17
  • GeorginaBT_0-1632497201867.png
  • 252391A1-5EAA-4B99-8C24-C38ECB292CBE.jpeg
  • 20210925_134717.jpg
  • 50027839-C49D-410C-9504-979196B77554.jpeg
  • 4B039537-66D8-4622-817F-773C4130BF3E.jpeg
  • AA4E4A79-EF5A-4283-B3EA-65F93701D3DE.jpeg
  • C7C9A6D3-D8A0-4AED-86F9-EC42D7E889E4.jpeg
  • elleb810_0-1632791721673.png
  • September 2021 Favorites
  • Sept Faves - Le Paradis banana balm swatch.jpeg
  • NARS pro-prime swatch.jpeg
  • F1AE8EFB-7C7C-4A13-8DA1-C55FCCD9D02F.jpeg
  • 3 skincare faves...
  • ...and 1 nail fave for September 2021.
  • FBBC32D4-1A9D-446C-AD8D-BAC91D530542.jpeg
testing