Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Monthly Favorites: September 2021 Edition!

GeorginaBT_0-1632497201867.png

­­

September is almost at its end, and you know what that means – it’s time for us to share our monthly favorites! While I have one newer product that made it on my list this month (*not-so-subtly flips my hair so you catch a whiff of Ouai x Byredo’s warm, sandalwood-scented leave-in conditioner*), September mostly had me rediscovering old favorites in my collection. These are my tried and trues!

The Beauty Insider Community wants to know: what beauty products have you been loving this month? All makeup, skincare, hair care, fragrance, and wellness recommendations are more than welcome. Here are my September favorites:

Hit the “Reply” button below to share what beauty products you’ve been reaching for the most lately and use the “#” symbol to tag your faves!

Re: Monthly Favorites: September 2021 Edition!

@itsfi  Did you get this picture out of a magazine??? I am so happy you found a great brow pomade. I’ve been trying so many with no luck. I completely trust your judgment and will be picking one up ASAP!!! 

ok so the peach slices snail mask sounds wonderful. My skin seems to love snail so I’m definitely going to see if I can feet my hands on some!! 

oh smashbox they always seem to discontinue everything I love. I was reading how it wakes your eyes up and opened them and I thought to myself this sounds perfect. I’ll have to start looking to see if I can find another brand with a similar product. 

happy fall 

Awww!! Thank you @ather! ☺️ You’re always so kind! 🤗 

Do you prefer your brow gels/pomade to be more on the dry or wet side. The Merit is more dry than most products, including the Glossier one. I have fuller brows and like the Merit - it gives me a pulled together look. 

@itsfi  I prefer a more dry one but not to dry. I don’t like when it is to wet and feels like I have super glue in my eyebrows. But I do like a little hold. I know I am asking for to much 🤣 right now I am using Iconic London Brow Silk and Brush Bundle  I was hopping for so much out of this product and I feel it’s really fell short. I don’t know if my brows are to full or if they are to thick it doesn’t do anything but make them look greasy. I keep trying hoping I can find some way to make it work. 

@ather, it sounds like our brows are related. 😉 In that case, yours may like the Merit one. 

Interestingly, I had a similar experience with the Iconic London set. I had attributed it to me not knowing what I was doing, but perhaps that's not entirely to blame for how my brows came out when I tried to use the IL bundle. 😆 Others I may try at some point are the Tom Ford Fiber Brow Gel and the Hourglass Arch Brow Gel. Sisley also makes a brow gel that I hear is good, but the color range is limited and it's spendy, though the same could be said for the TF. lol. 

@itsfi A banana scented lip balm?  This speaks to me...

@CookieGirl1, it’s a great lip balm. Here’s what the consistency looks like - banana 🍌 lip balm on top, watermelon 🍉 lip balm on the bottom.

Sept Faves - Le Paradis banana balm swatch.jpeg

My wallet is happy that Le Paradis only makes 2 flavors of these lip balms. 😆 

@itsfi -- I'm a fan of many of these items, especially Taupe eyeshadow. I've purchased whole eye palettes just for the taupe therein. That candle sounds amazing!

@heavyhedon, I love taupe eyeshadows! ♥️ I can do relate to picking up a palette for the taupe shades! 😃 What is(are) your favorite taupe eyeshadow(s)?

@itsfi @heavyhedon Yes, I want to know what taupe palettes you two own!

@itsfi. It's amazing how masks can affect the skin. I'm glad you found something to help.

@Ispend2much6, yeah, there’s been periods where it’s been rough but I’ve been finding ways to address it, much of it involving a more minimal approach to skincare, etc. The Peach Slices mask will come in handy in combatting dryness from the masks as well as dryness due to the cooler weather. 

elleb810_0-1632791721673.png

Charlotte Tilbury Cryo-Recovery Lifting Face Mask with Acupressure Technology - worth every penny!

@elleb810 I am very curious if this feels at all exfoliating. I will have to look more into how often it can be used, it’s very intriguing!

@eshoe 

Exfoliating? There's nothing in the mask that's meant to exfoliate the skin. I guess if you were to use an exfoliating product, like a serum or a peel pad before applying the mask or after using it, but the exfoliating sensation would come from that product not the mask. There are beads in the mask but they don't have any exfoliating or scrubbing features. They're mean for cooling and to help with some of the face massage. 

@elleb810  Happy to hear you’ve been loving this mask!

@ather 

One of the best purchases this year. 

@elleb810, great to hear you're loving this mask! 😀

@itsfi  

Just saw you got one too - very cool. How often do you use it?

@elleb810, I just recently picked it up. The other day, I ended up using it twice in the same day. Lol. It was a very warm day so the cooling was really nice. 😍 Right now, I’m thinking I’ll use it at least once per week on a regular basis and then as needed to alleviate puffiness or when the cooling effect would come in handy. Do you have a regular schedule for using it?

@itsfi  

If I could use it everyday I would. LOL. For now, Sundays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays have been regular nights with the cryo mask. 

I rediscovered some of my monthly favorites in my stash. Lancôme Defincils High Definition Lengthening Mascara applies flawlessly and I have no clumping. It gives me a natural look. The other item is Too Faced Chocolate Bar palette. I forgot what an awesome palette that produces various looks.

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos17
  • GeorginaBT_0-1632497201867.png
  • 252391A1-5EAA-4B99-8C24-C38ECB292CBE.jpeg
  • 20210925_134717.jpg
  • 50027839-C49D-410C-9504-979196B77554.jpeg
  • 4B039537-66D8-4622-817F-773C4130BF3E.jpeg
  • AA4E4A79-EF5A-4283-B3EA-65F93701D3DE.jpeg
  • C7C9A6D3-D8A0-4AED-86F9-EC42D7E889E4.jpeg
  • elleb810_0-1632791721673.png
  • September 2021 Favorites
  • Sept Faves - Le Paradis banana balm swatch.jpeg
  • NARS pro-prime swatch.jpeg
  • F1AE8EFB-7C7C-4A13-8DA1-C55FCCD9D02F.jpeg
  • 3 skincare faves...
  • ...and 1 nail fave for September 2021.
  • FBBC32D4-1A9D-446C-AD8D-BAC91D530542.jpeg
testing