Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Monthly Favorites: September 2021 Edition!

GeorginaBT_0-1632497201867.png

­­

September is almost at its end, and you know what that means – it’s time for us to share our monthly favorites! While I have one newer product that made it on my list this month (*not-so-subtly flips my hair so you catch a whiff of Ouai x Byredo’s warm, sandalwood-scented leave-in conditioner*), September mostly had me rediscovering old favorites in my collection. These are my tried and trues!

The Beauty Insider Community wants to know: what beauty products have you been loving this month? All makeup, skincare, hair care, fragrance, and wellness recommendations are more than welcome. Here are my September favorites:

Hit the “Reply” button below to share what beauty products you’ve been reaching for the most lately and use the “#” symbol to tag your faves!

Re: Monthly Favorites: September 2021 Edition!

@Loretta55, Too Faced Chocolate Bar palette has so many pretty shadows! It smells amazing too! 😍

The scent is wonderful @itsfi!

@GeorginaBT I've been experimenting with the Grace Eleyae The Original Slap Satin-Lined Cap (can't seem to tag it).  It works well for me on Friday and Saturday nights, as I tend to sleep deeper on those nights and wake up with roughed up hair.  And at the $13 price tag, I think it's a keeper.

I don't think it'll work for me to use every night, as I flat iron my hair and when I used it the same night I flat ironed my hair, I wound up with bumps in my hair where I twisted it up to fit in the cap.  The cap does have some room inside, which I really appreciate.

Some nights it's come off, and others it hasn't.  The band around the head isn't uncomfortable, although IDK how long it'll last.  But it's inexpensive enough to replace.

I do wish it came in more glamorous colors or prints, though.  I got the grey.

I also purchased the slightly more expensive Adjustable Slap, but haven't gotten around to trying it yet.

@greeneyedgirl107  Oh, I'm glad the Slap works for you! It does come in other colors, but Sephora doesn't carry them (yet)—though I do see Sephora now has the red one. It also comes in other variations: there are some acrylic knit ones, a wool one, and a cashmere one that are usually released for winter at Grace Eleyae direct. It'd be great if Sephora sold some of those, too. 

Do you have any of the winter caps @WinglessOne ? I purchased an acrylic cap last year and my complaint is that the cap does not cover my ears.

@Loretta55  I have a wool one. It doesn't cover my ears, but neither do most other winter hats. If I want my ears covered, I either wear a hat with built-in ear flaps or a wide headband designed to cover my ears. Or wait, I do have a cashmere hat that's plenty long enough to pull down over my ears—but even then, a headband does a much better job of keeping my ears warm. In fact, on the winter days I wear my hair up, I usually skip hats and just wear one of my knit headbands. As long as my ears are warm, the rest of my head feels toasty. 🙂

I really need to get this, @greeneyedgirl107. I believe @RGbrown recommended it awhile ago and now I can thank you for the reminder. At that price, it is worth a try at least!

@eshoe Let us know how you like it if you wind up purchasing it 🙂

Well, @greeneyedgirl107 - I suppose I should select a color. I think olive 🫒. I prefer drab. What would you suggest?

@eshoe , I recommend trying the adjustable slap because you can tailor the fit of the cap which is very comfortable. I recommend purchasing a backup for when you wash your slap.

Thank you for your recommendation and heads up, @Loretta55

@Loretta55 How often do you rec washing it - and how?  I'm pretty lazy about stuff like this.  That's one reason why I've resisted purchasing The Original MakeUp Eraser Wildflower MakeUp Eraser 7-Day Set - I don't want to be responsible for washing them!

I only wash my hair once a week @greeneyedgirl107. I have pretty normal hair but it does tend towards being dry. The day I wash my hair I change out my slap.

@greeneyedgirl107  Oh my, I didn't know the Slap had made it here, I'm so psyched. Been wanting to try this, now it will be easy to get my hands on one. TY!

I've read such good things about the Grace Eleyae satin lined cap @greeneyedgirl107! It sounds wonderful! 😁

Do you pineapple your hair @greeneyedgirl107? After getting arthritis in my hands I am unable to flat iron my hair. I never noticed any bumps in my hair from the adjustable slap. I wear it nightly.

@Loretta55 I had to look up pineappling recently, b/c I think I had the idea wrong.  What I did when I got the bumps in my hair was twist my hair up like I would with a French twist, then put on the cap.  That might have been part of the problem.  On the Fri and Sat nights when I've worn it, I've gathered my hair up in a bun on top of my head, then put on the cap.  I haven't noticed any weird patterns then, but since I don't really look at my hair on Sat or Sun mornings.  

I haven't had much time to experiment with how my flat ironed hair holds up with this cap on the weeknights, b/c I haven't been doing my pre-pandemic flat iron much - I'm usually quite meticulous with it.

My concern with what I understand to be pineappling is that my hair will be dented from the loose pony, or that the loose pony will be uncomfortable for me.

I'm totally open to insight, though!

The loose ponytail is very comfortable @greeneyedgirl107. I use the Invisibobble for thick hair. I really noticed a difference in the level of frizz using the adjustable slap. I really recommend the Invisibobble. It is the best product for keeping my hair in a ponytail.

@GeorginaBT -- sort of similar experience; yes, i have lost of newer stuff, but was also re-engaging with items I hadn't properly appreciated in a while.

No matter what I put on my eyes this month, CLINIQUE Take The Day Off Makeup Remover For Lids, Lashes & Lips 4.2 oz/ 125 mL made removal quick & painless. This stuff is magic. 

Have been thoroughly enjoying my points perk (and it's a generous one) of ILIA Lip Wrap Overnight Treatment 0.34 fl oz / 10 ml . Plumps my lips painlessly and the effect lasts for a day after or more.

New favorite: relying daily on Bellapierre Banana Powder to set my undereyes and anything else. 

Finally, loving Kosette Salt Toothpaste with Grey Sea Salt & Charcoal and the matching Charcoal infused toothbrush. That brush! I used to use Reach Compact Head, then they discontinued, and I've been searching for a good replacement ever since. This is IT!!!

Hmmm, definitely interested in that toothpaste, @heavyhedon. Sounds like it would leave your teeth sparkling clean

Yes to the Ilia lip mask @heavyhedon! ♥️ That lip mask is a generous point perk and such a great one to pick up! 

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
Photos17
  • GeorginaBT_0-1632497201867.png
  • 252391A1-5EAA-4B99-8C24-C38ECB292CBE.jpeg
  • 20210925_134717.jpg
  • 50027839-C49D-410C-9504-979196B77554.jpeg
  • 4B039537-66D8-4622-817F-773C4130BF3E.jpeg
  • AA4E4A79-EF5A-4283-B3EA-65F93701D3DE.jpeg
  • C7C9A6D3-D8A0-4AED-86F9-EC42D7E889E4.jpeg
  • elleb810_0-1632791721673.png
  • September 2021 Favorites
  • Sept Faves - Le Paradis banana balm swatch.jpeg
  • NARS pro-prime swatch.jpeg
  • F1AE8EFB-7C7C-4A13-8DA1-C55FCCD9D02F.jpeg
  • 3 skincare faves...
  • ...and 1 nail fave for September 2021.
  • FBBC32D4-1A9D-446C-AD8D-BAC91D530542.jpeg
testing