Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Monthly Favorites: September 2021 Edition!

GeorginaBT_0-1632497201867.png

ยญยญ

September is almost at its end, and you know what that means โ€“ itโ€™s time for us to share our monthly favorites! While I have one newer product that made it on my list this month (*not-so-subtly flips my hair so you catch a whiff of Ouai x Byredoโ€™s warm, sandalwood-scented leave-in conditioner*), September mostly had me rediscovering old favorites in my collection. These are my tried and trues!

The Beauty Insider Community wants to know: what beauty products have you been loving this month? All makeup, skincare, hair care, fragrance, and wellness recommendations are more than welcome. Here are my September favorites:

Hit the โ€œReplyโ€ button below to share what beauty products youโ€™ve been reaching for the most lately and use the โ€œ#โ€ symbol to tag your faves!

Re: Monthly Favorites: September 2021 Edition!

The Ouai with sandalwood, @GeorginaBT - that sounds autumn-cozy๐Ÿ‚

Finally getting a reprieve from the heat of this summer (anyone else???) and have settled in with these BIC-inspired loves this month๐Ÿงก

50027839-C49D-410C-9504-979196B77554.jpeg

Spoiler
A perennial favorite is the NARS Pro-Primeโ„ข Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base. shadow almost isnโ€™t worth the trouble unless this is my foundation. The upcoming F&F sale means restocking my StackedSkincare Dermaplaning Starter Set (single tool wonโ€™t tag, for some reason) blades. Although this is much sharper and provides a deeper exfoliation than my Shiseido, I only need to use it once a month for longer-lasting results.

The warmth and sweet spice of the Laura Mercier Mini Fresh Fig Hand Crรจme 2 oz/ 60 mL has given my dry hands a reprieve (thank you, @SportyGirly125!). Speaking of dry, my extremely porous, can soak-up-anything hair has taken a shine to the COLOR WOW Dream Coat Supernatural Spray Anti-Frizz Treatment + Detox Kit (thank you @Ispend2much6 for the suggestion!)  Although suggested use is between 3-4 shampoos, I use it every couple as I generally wash my hair daily. 

The Wayne Goss Artist Brush in Medium continues to perform beyond my expectations for a soft wash of highlight. Might be my favorite discovery of the year.

The Hourglass Scattered Light Glitter Eye Shadow Ray, besides Stilaโ€™s Wanderlust, is my favorite mid-lid glitter. Never any fallout, just plenty of pretty (thank you to my 2019 Secret Santa, @jen81!).

Finally, this yearโ€™s palette purchase was inspired by @itsfi. I eyed it for a few months, debating whether or not it was something I truly needed. I did have only one gray shadow, but so many neutrals, I just wasnโ€™t sure. I am happy to say it was just what I needed. Every single pan seems to work seamlessly with the others. The shades are cool but donโ€™t look garish on my neutral skin, which is how grays generally appear on me. I went with ND as I feel comfortable with the quality of her mattes and shimmers overall. I was surprised at how small the pans were, only because I was used to the 28. 
4B039537-66D8-4622-817F-773C4130BF3E.jpegAA4E4A79-EF5A-4283-B3EA-65F93701D3DE.jpegC7C9A6D3-D8A0-4AED-86F9-EC42D7E889E4.jpeg

I have used this palette almost every single day this month, and love how it has given my daily neutral eye a little interest. Thank you to my trustworthy BICโ€™ers for this monthโ€™s loves. Happy fall!!! ๐Ÿฅฐ

I absolutely love that palette @eshoe, it is my favorite from NDโค๏ธ

@faeriegirl I had no idea you had this one! I love how everything is labeled. Everything blend I have tried so far has made me happy. Might be my favorite brand for shadows๐Ÿฅฐ

@eshoe  Iโ€™m happy to hear you have had a little break from the heat! How did I not know about this eyeshadow palette??? Itโ€™s beautiful. The most perfect colour story!!! 

This palette really serves neutral skin tones well, @ather - and it seems like it would be an obvious match for those cooler-toned as well!๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™

@eshoe, love, love, looooove the Natasha Denona Glam Palette - she's a beauty! ๐Ÿ˜ Happy to hear you picked it up and that you're enjoying it! We're twinsies with the NARS eyeshadow primer! 

It was a phenomenal recommendation, @itsfi . Finally making grays work! I was torn between this and the Natasha Denona Retro Eyeshadow Palette, and couldnโ€™t be happier. Not ruling out Retro yet, though๐Ÿ˜‰

Yay for Nars, that one is an auto-renew for sure!

@eshoe You have a lot of good loves.  I've yet to try the NARS, ND or ColorWow.

If I had to pick one, @greeneyedgirl107, I would say the NARS Pro-Primeโ„ข Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base is a must. 

@eshoe Now I'm really thinking I need that NARS Pro-Primeโ„ข Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base .  I applied a full face of makeup today for the the first time in a loooong time as I had to get my license renewed/a real ID at the DMV.  I used my Too Faced Shadow Insurance Eyeshadow Primer and I think it came off as too tacky, as I've had it a while.  I couldn't get my crease shadow to blend as well as I'd like.

I had another makeup misstep with my foundation.  I rarely wear it, so I've had a CC cream from Stila for-ev-er.  It seems way oilier than I remembered, and looked like it was separating when I squeezed it out of the tube.  I usually get a dry finish after applying my Laura Mercier powder, but that didn't happen this time.  I'm not looking forward to trying to pick out a new foundation.

As for my pic - I was disappointed.  I had fabulous luck the last two items with my license.  But this one was taken very close-up and I have a weird look on my face b/c I wasn't expecting the flash.  The makeup didn't come up well on the pic, either.  Oh well - I think I was very spoiled from the past.

Are photos HD now @greeneyedgirl107? No thank you๐Ÿ˜‚

I think I may have tried that in my early Sephora Days (the primer). I am so sorry about the foundation and I know the feelingโ€ฆyou want to make it work and go with it. Instead, it just goes from mess to messier. I am so curious what your skincare routine is like. I have a hunch it is impacting your makeup application๐Ÿค”

@eshoe Good question about skincare affecting makeup application.  I've only run into the issues I described this week, and my skincare hasn't changed that much but I'm curious about any insight you might have.

Before applying the full face of makeup, I washed my face with FAB Pure Skin Face Cleanser.  Then, I used a YTTP facial mist and Paula's Choice BHA 9 on my T-zone.  I usually only apply moisturizer on the areas I need in the morning which is eyes and around my mouth.  But since I knew I'd be using a foundation, I applied CeraVe PM all over.  I might have been a little heavy-handed with it, but not too much.  I waited several minutes for it to dry, then started with the Stila CC cream application, shadow primer and powder.

Thanks for taking an interest!  ๐Ÿ™‚

Hmmm @greeneyedgirl107 I wonder, could a change in humidity be having any impact, by chance. When all other things are constant, makes me think external factors are at play. I am just guessing, or more like taking a stab at possible culprits๐Ÿ˜‚

@eshoe It's been on my Loves List for a while.  I might just have to finally pick it up.

Yes, that LM fig cream smells so good, @eshoe!

Iโ€™ve been using it sparingly, @quspork, until now. Happy to share this ๐Ÿงก with you!

@eshoe @Yes! Seriously loving this cooler fall weather ! 

From too hot to below normal, @Kim888 - what an unusual year itโ€™s been!

The Natasha Denona palette has been on my wishlist for so long and I think your top three swatches may have finally convinced me to take the plunge! 

@StyleLynn it was in my Wish List for quite awhile. I didnโ€™t get it at first because I didnโ€™t think I needed it. Turns out, these grays are just what was needed for a change of pace! Sales upcoming, may as well wait and save a little extra ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผโ˜บ๏ธ

@eshoe I love a cool-toned palette.  Those shades are so pretty!

Conversation Stats
Photos17
  • GeorginaBT_0-1632497201867.png
  • 252391A1-5EAA-4B99-8C24-C38ECB292CBE.jpeg
  • 20210925_134717.jpg
  • 50027839-C49D-410C-9504-979196B77554.jpeg
  • 4B039537-66D8-4622-817F-773C4130BF3E.jpeg
  • AA4E4A79-EF5A-4283-B3EA-65F93701D3DE.jpeg
  • C7C9A6D3-D8A0-4AED-86F9-EC42D7E889E4.jpeg
  • elleb810_0-1632791721673.png
  • September 2021 Favorites
  • Sept Faves - Le Paradis banana balm swatch.jpeg
  • NARS pro-prime swatch.jpeg
  • F1AE8EFB-7C7C-4A13-8DA1-C55FCCD9D02F.jpeg
  • 3 skincare faves...
  • ...and 1 nail fave for September 2021.
  • FBBC32D4-1A9D-446C-AD8D-BAC91D530542.jpeg
testing