Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Monthly Favorites: September 2021 Edition!

GeorginaBT_0-1632497201867.png

­­

September is almost at its end, and you know what that means – it’s time for us to share our monthly favorites! While I have one newer product that made it on my list this month (*not-so-subtly flips my hair so you catch a whiff of Ouai x Byredo’s warm, sandalwood-scented leave-in conditioner*), September mostly had me rediscovering old favorites in my collection. These are my tried and trues!

The Beauty Insider Community wants to know: what beauty products have you been loving this month? All makeup, skincare, hair care, fragrance, and wellness recommendations are more than welcome. Here are my September favorites:

Hit the “Reply” button below to share what beauty products you’ve been reaching for the most lately and use the “#” symbol to tag your faves!

Re: Monthly Favorites: September 2021 Edition!

It is such an easy to use set of cool-tones, too, @CookieGirl1. Love, love, love!! Looking forward to adding some shimmery silver glitters on top for winter 🤩

@eshoe   I use the Color Wow more frequently also. 🙂

The ND palette looks gorgeous on your skin tone- if it looked like that on me I'd pick it up!

Good to know, @Ispend2much6 - I feel like the bottle will last me awhile though. What a difference-I will take what I can get😂 I also read that all of the Christophe Robin products have been reformulated. So we will see about the detangler. 

Thank you for the compliment on the palette! This is what I created my ‘Smokey eye’ with for Sephoria, ha ha @SportyGirly125 I feel like there is so much more I can do with it, even after playing around with it for a few weeks. Lots of easy layering.

@eshoe Great favorites. Glad to see the LM hand cream make the list. 

Fig is such a great fall scent, @SportyGirly125. I have been using both the body and hand cream, this just sits next to the couch on a little table so I use it often now.

TOM FORD Boys & Girls Lip Color Lipstick Richard has been my go to shade for years and it continues to be my most reached for color.

innisfree Pore Clearing Clay Mask 3.38 oz/ 100 mL and Dr. Zenovia Skincare 5% Benzoyl Peroxide Acne Spot Treatment have been saviors for the terrible breakouts I’ve experienced this month. 

First Aid Beauty Firming Cream with Peptides, Niacinimide + Collagen 1.7 oz/ 50 mL I have been using this during transitional weather when my skin feels a bit dry and sensitive. This really helps with redness and hydration. I can see myself continuing to reach for this all fall/winter. It’s a bit much for my oily skin if used too frequently but 1x a week during the colder months seems about right. 

@lnum, Tom Ford Richard = love! A stunner! 💖

MERIT Shade Slick Classics Tinted Lip Oil Marrakech I have been using it non stop through September and I am obsessed with the formula.

Armani Beauty Eyes to Kill Stellar Eye Color 2 Halo My most reached cream eye shadow this month, beautiful formula and stay on for long.

Shiseido Benefiance WrinkleResist24 Pure Retinol Express Smoothing Eye Mask  These have been in and out of my routine for years. I have been using them more regularly past few weeks and remembered why I love them at first place.

@fatimamummy, the Merit lip oils are wonderful! 💗

Yes, that Merit lip oil formula doesn't get enough love, @fatimamummy! Marrakech looks like a great color to transition into fall. 

I have that lip oil on my list @fatimamummy ! Glad to hear you’re loving it !

@fatimamummy  That lip oil sounds amazing!

@GeorginaBT  Yay for Juliette! 

EDIT: Short version- had an itchy zit, this fixed it. 😂

I bought this little guy on a whim, to have on hand "just in case."  Little did I know that "just in case" would happen the week after it arrived! 

I don't know what happened to my skin; I did try the new DE Protini Serum and moisturizer from the sample gwp set from Sephora a little while ago.  I love it, but when I mixed it with my usual products (Biossance, REN toner,) maybe it was too much.

My skin broke out in little skin-toned bumps, which usually means clogged pores, right after I applied The Ordinary HA and B serum, Biossance Rose Oil, and Biossance Omega cream.  And, I developed a flat red, itchy spot on my right cheek, which actually looked like there were 3 separate eruptions gathering into one.

It's been years since I've had acne, so I wasn't expecting this.  I had the The INKEY List Succinic Acid Treatment 0.5 oz/ 15 mL on my bathroom sink, so I plopped it onto the red itchy spots.  It took away the itch, and by the end of the day it was mostly gone!  Just a little bit left, and I reapplied it this a.m. so hopefully it will be healed soon.

20210925_134717.jpg

@Ispend2much6 I absolutely love that product too!!

@lmaster Yay! I love that it doesn't stink or burn.

@Ispend2much6, I'm so sorry you had an unexpected break out. Great that you had TO treatment on hand. 👍 I also picked it up 'just in case' but haven't given it a try yet. Making a note to pull it out of the bin and set it in my medicine cabinet, at the ready!

@itsfi. Thanks- I hope you don't have to use it!

@Ispend2much6  Good to know that works! I should get some!! 

@ather   I'd never heard of succinic acid before, but my skin does love acids, so this make sense that it worked. lol

@Ispend2much6  Mine did too until I went overboard oops. But I’m slowly building my barrier up again. 

I had a moment to re-discover some old favorites this month. 

in particular, I forgot how much I love the Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer and the Natasha Denona Duo Glow . I am quite sad the marc jacobs color corrector was discontinued ! 

252391A1-5EAA-4B99-8C24-C38ECB292CBE.jpeg

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
Photos17
  • GeorginaBT_0-1632497201867.png
  • 252391A1-5EAA-4B99-8C24-C38ECB292CBE.jpeg
  • 20210925_134717.jpg
  • 50027839-C49D-410C-9504-979196B77554.jpeg
  • 4B039537-66D8-4622-817F-773C4130BF3E.jpeg
  • AA4E4A79-EF5A-4283-B3EA-65F93701D3DE.jpeg
  • C7C9A6D3-D8A0-4AED-86F9-EC42D7E889E4.jpeg
  • elleb810_0-1632791721673.png
  • September 2021 Favorites
  • Sept Faves - Le Paradis banana balm swatch.jpeg
  • NARS pro-prime swatch.jpeg
  • F1AE8EFB-7C7C-4A13-8DA1-C55FCCD9D02F.jpeg
  • 3 skincare faves...
  • ...and 1 nail fave for September 2021.
  • FBBC32D4-1A9D-446C-AD8D-BAC91D530542.jpeg
testing