Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Monthly Favorites: September 2020 Edition!

GeorginaBT September faves.jpg

September is almost at an end, and you know what that means: it’s time to share our favorite products of the month! I am eagerly saying “bye-bye” to summer with a new seasonal candle burning bright at my desk. All my favorites this month are new products I got a hold of recently, and I am so pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoy each of them! Whether you have been reaching for your beauty holy grails or newly-discovered gems, be sure to share what makeup, skincare, hair care, or fragrance goodies you’ve been enjoying most in the past month.

Here are my September favorites:

What products have you been loving this month? Hit the “Reply” button below to show and tell!

Re: Monthly Favorites: September 2020 Edition!

I missed posting my August favorites despite the fact that I was lucky to get a number of wonderful products. September was a successful month in that regard as well, but I tried to limit this post to just a few. Skincare: Peach & Lilly Glass skin serum is so hydrating, absorbs quickly and plays well with others. I have a few more deluxe samples and a full size from Allure box. innisfree Super Volcanic Clusters Pore Clearing Clay Mask is wonderful. Does not feel too tight on my skin and provides good results. I didn’t expect to like GLAMGLOW BRIGHTEYES™ Illuminating Anti-Fatigue Eye Cream as much as I do. It does illuminate the skin around the eyes and absorbs well. I think I will purchase a full size later on. Makeup: I know that a lot of people dislike Urban Decay Mini Lash Freak Volumizing & Lengthening Mascara 0.16 oz / 4.6mL  but I actually like it a lot. I find it to be extremely comfortable to use. As with all other mascaras I also use a little eyelash brush so I have no issues with too much mascara as it removes any excess. Last but not least these two gems from Dior. New Dior BACKSTAGE Glow Face Palette Rose Gold  I love number 2 and this one does not disappoint. Just gorgeous. The multidimensional shimmer is difficult to show on the picture but in real live and videos you can see how absolutely gorgeous it is. Dior 5 Couleurs Couture Eyeshadow Palette 689 Mitzah in Denim is such a gem. Blue colors are not my thing but these two dark green blue ocean colors are so unique and do something amazing with my green eyes. I have never seen a color like these two before. It is pretty much the same color only one is lighter shade than the other. The quality is great and I’m happy Dior created this composition of colors even if I am never going to use the light blue it is more than worth it for me. 

382AF7AA-FCAB-45EC-B691-FD6AD3A159CE.jpeg

7C223363-B758-4301-A63C-21CE3E744C38.jpeg

My September favorites are Natasha Denona Glam Eyeshadow Palette , Glow Recipe Plum Plump™ Hyaluronic Acid Hydrating Serum 1.0 oz/ 30 mL , Trader Joes pumpkin body butter, and Acure radically rejuvenating whipped night cream.CF900099-E63A-4B38-887E-D0616F4D04AD.jpeg

@faeriegirl great bunch of favorites!!

Drunk Elephant Pekee™ Cleansing Bar 4 oz/ 120 g boscia Detoxifying Duet SEPHORA COLLECTION Cleaning Me Softly Facial Cleansing Brush Black 

@GeorginaBT  - That hair mask looks lovely.

My September faves include my new Sonia G Smooth Buffer brush along with the Hourglass Ambient™ Lighting Infinity Powder 0.34 oz/ 9.5 g.  I used it as an all-over finishing powder last Saturday and it looked flawless all day - just subtle, lovely look.  I have amassed several Viseart palettes this year so my monthly favorites are Viseart Eyeshadow Palette Cool Mattes 2 , Viseart Midsommer Petit Pro Eyeshadow Palette 0.28 oz/ 8g  and Viseart Solstice Petit Pro Eyeshadow Palette 0.28 oz/ 8 g.   

@GeorginaBT  So glad you are loving pumpkin latte!! 

Back to School Cool!

(It really took me awhile to come up with categories, not so much the products 🤣, I may just give up and post next time)

"Colored Pencil" - NARS High-Pigment Longwear Eyeliner Night Porter .  I love this pencil for the green flecks in it.  It also does okay undereye, and I like smoking it out with shadow.

"The First Day Outfit" - Natasha Denona Gold Eyeshadow Palette 15 x 0.08 oz/ 2.5 g .  (I used to plan my outfit from 6th grade until high school.  Total essential.)  This + night porter, such love.  I couldn't really work the color story of the palette at first, as in create something I haven't done with other palettes, now I figured it out.  It's got all the colors I need for glam or neutral work look.  And the neutrals can play well with other palettes where you might need a transition shade.

"Lip Smacker" - Too Faced Hangover Pillow Balm Ultra-Hydrating Lip Balm Original , picked this up a while ago, it's been a mask must.  It's very thick, but I like it enough to use it as a balm during the day since I'm wearing a mask most of the week.  Helps my lips from getting dry and I feel like I'm still dolled up.  It also has a nice tingle to it.

"Trapper Keeper" -  Primera Alpine Berry Water Cream.  Any good look is pulled together by a good moisturizer, hence the name.   I have two little samples of the water cream that I've been loving on and using.  It's reminiscent of belif, but I feel like it has a less dewy finish to it.  It also smells really refreshing.  

@danielledanielle I love the categories. The Natasha Denona Gold palette is gorgeous.  I remember the excitement of all of the new clothes for and planning the of the outfit for the first day of school❤️.  How I miss those days!!😂😂😂😂

One of my favorites has been the #LANEIGE Lip Sleeping Mask Original. I LOVE this. I put it on right before I go to bed and it is amazing! My lips wake up feeling nice and refreshed. I definitely recommend this product. 

@iloveSuns Sounds amazing. 

I have so many favorite products this month! I've been going a little overboard shopping for beauty products lately and found some real gems. So here's my list:

Natasha Denona Glam Eyeshadow Palette # this is my first larger ND palette and I absolutely love it. The color story is gorgeous and different than what I normally wear. I love bright, bold eyeshadow so thats normally what I wear but this palette was calling my name. The pigmentation is fantastic and the shadows apply and blend effortlessly

HUDA BEAUTY Desert Dusk Eyeshadow Palette #- I bought this while it was on sale and was worried because the reviews were very hit and miss. My experience with it has been very positive. I find it very pigmented and easy to apply and blend. The staying power is great and I don't experience a huge amount of fallout. Some shades perform better than others but it was definitely worth the sale price

Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare Alpha Beta® Universal Daily Peel Pads 30 Treatments + 5 Bonus #- these are phenomenal! I've heard great things about them but they honestly out performed my expectations. My skin looks smoother, clearer and healthier and feels even better. They are super pricey but for me they perform so well that they are worth it

•Melt Cosmetics Digial Dust Duo Blush in Raw Honey- i love all of the products I've tried from Melt and as soon as i saw these blush duos I knew i had to have one. The packaging is sturdy and very well made. I love the included mirror. I am obsessed with the gorgeous designs imprinted in the blush. So much so that it was hard for me to start using the blush because I didn't want to mess it up. I got over that though and I am so glad i did because this product is AMAZING. I like to apply Raw first and then lightly layer Honey on top of it for a highlighter effect. Both shades are stunning and are the pigmentation is buildable so you can either have a light touch of color or a more intense look and everything in between. I have a huge blush and highlighter collection but I've been using this duo daily since I got it like two weeks ago. I'll definitely be buying the other two shades as w

•IBY Beauty Enlighten Eyeshadow Palette- im a huge fan of IBY beauty and feel they are an underrated brand. They make some of my favorite eyeshadow palettes and this is one of them. I bought this at the beginning of the month and immediately fell in love with it. I love the pastel color story and even though I have over 100 eyeshadow palettes (my favorite beauty product) I had nothing like it in my collection. These shadows have excellent pigmentation especially for pastel shades. They apply and blend like a dream and I experience very little fallout during application and none during the rest of the wear time. They last a good eight hours before beginning to fade slightly. This has become one of my top 5 favorite palettes. 

I have a bunch of other favorite products from this month but this reply is already way too long lol

@BeautyBoxLove87 I am loving the Natasha Denona palette.   Nice favorites

 Basically what’s been on my face all of September. As you can tell Rare Beauty has been a huge hit for me. Especially with wearing a mask all the time, the foundation has been a saviour cause it doesn’t transfer much or look bad when my mask rubs on my nose and cheeks. 

4A850AB1-7798-45BE-ABDC-FB61E4C07767.jpeg

Love all the shades here!! @sydtomato 

Good question!  I have so many favorites this month.  Rare Beauty by Selena Gomez Illuminating Primer and Soft Pinch Blush in Bliss, Charlotte Tilbury Pillow Talk Push Up mascara, Natasha Denona Chromium Multichrome liquid shadows (especially the shade Scarab) and of course the Natasha Denona Glam Palette, Too Faced Born This Way Matte foundation, Nars Soft Matte Complete Foundation, Too Faced Pumpkin Spice palette, and Diorshow Iconic Curl mascara....YIKES...that's a lot!

How are you liking the Nars soft matte foundation, @stephmull1204? Do you mind if I ask your skin type and how it wears? I've been eyeing this since it came out. 

I love the Nars Soft Matte foundation!  It wears really well throughout the day.  I have combo skin that gets oily through the T zone and I don't find myself having to powder throughout the day because I'm not getting shiny at all.  It also makes my skin look absolutely flawless!  Definitely worth the $40 price tag.  So far this is a tie for my favorite with the new Too Faced matte foundation.

Thanks so much for the feedback, @stephmull1204!

Fun faves @GeorginaBT! That Voluspa candle is a fave of mine this month as well! Smells soooo good! Here's what I especially loved this September!

September 2020 Favorites!September 2020 Favorites!

Spoiler
Dr. Ceuracle Pro Balance Pure Cleansing Oil is silky smooth to apply and has a very, very light citrus, orange and subtle lavender scent to it. This one has quite a few essential oils, the blend of which didn't bother me but may not work well for anyone who is sensitive to essential oils. It's a nice first cleanser for me and removes all my makeup on most days. If I'm wearing waterproof products, I'll use a separate eye remover first. 

CosRx Propolis Light Cream is a gel like lightweight moisturizer containing extracts of propolis, honey and royal jelly, all of which have antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. I've been working through some breakouts due to maskne as well as a reaction to a skincare product and the consistency of and ingredients in this moisturizer have been good for both the more sensitive, reactive parts of my skin as well as the parts in need of hydration and moisture.

Paula's Choice 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant has been a gentle but effective toner for the oily or breakout prone parts of my face. I've been using it almost on a near daily basis along my jawline as my breakouts have been healing and I'm happy to say that I've not experienced any dryness in those areas. 

Essie Angora Cardi has been what I've been wearing for latter half of this month, either on my fingernails or toesies. I find the color to be a good mix of plum/mauve and brown tones and the polish itself holds up fairly well. I can get it to last on my nails for almost a full week before I notice the tips starting to wear down and need to freshen up the color. It's a nice, cozy get-ready-for-fall / it's autumn color.
Spoiler
Essie Angora Cardi.jpeg
I've been reaching for one or any combination of these four lippies since hauling them this month. Selena Gomez and her team did a great job with these Rare Beauty lip balms, that, to me, feel more like a lipstick than balm in terms of color payoff, though I get the balm moniker given how smoothly these glide on and feel on the lips. Rare Beauty by Selena Gomez With Gratitude Dewy Lip Balm Thankful and Rare Beauty by Selena Gomez With Gratitude Dewy Lip Balm Empathy are beautiful colors and also serve as lovely reminders and inspiration with everything going on. They look great on their own or topped with Bite Beauty Yaysayer Plumping Lip Gloss Cider Donut and/or Bite Beauty Yaysayer Plumping Lip Gloss Rose Meringue. 
Spoiler
9.13.2020 Haul 2.jpeg9.15.2020 Sephora Haul 3 .jpeg
With the weather cooling down, I've been burning candles again this month and VOLUSPA Mini Spiced Pumpkin Latte Glass Candle 5.5 oz/ 156 g is just perfect for diffusing fall feels throughout the room.

@itsfi Candle twins! And I picked up and love Rare Beauty by Selena Gomez With Gratitude Dewy Lip Balm Thankful too ❤️ So curious about these Bite lippies. 😊

114 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos11
  • GeorginaBT September faves.jpg
  • IMG_20200923_135127.jpg
  • Fall look with ABH and Fenty
  • September 2020 Favorites!
  • Essie Angora Cardi.jpeg
  • 9.13.2020 Haul 2.jpeg
  • 9.15.2020 Sephora Haul 3 .jpeg
  • 4A850AB1-7798-45BE-ABDC-FB61E4C07767.jpeg
  • CF900099-E63A-4B38-887E-D0616F4D04AD.jpeg