Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Monthly Favorites: October 2021 Edition!

Monthly Favorites October 2021Monthly Favorites October 2021

Even though the sunny weather outside my window is having a bit of an identity crisis, I’m more than ready to embrace all the Fall vibes and buckle down and get cozy. (Speaking of which, don’t forget to join theFall Cozy Challenge if you haven’t already!) Spending more time indoors again means I’ve had time to pick up some new self-care habits (like dry brushing), experiment with some TikTok skincare trends (toner on my underarms?!), and rediscover some old favorites while I re-organize my beauty stash. There’s something about Fall that puts me in the pampering mood, and sometimes that means simply doing my makeup or hair “just because.” Now all I need is some pumpkin spice! 🎃🍂

Here are the products I’ve been loving all October long:

What skincare, hair, makeup, fragrance, and/or wellness products have you been reaching for this October? Reply below and be sure to tag your favorites by using the “#” sign!

Re: Monthly Favorites: October 2021 Edition!

@AlexBT  That has been at the top of my list to try as well!! Maybe I’ll grab it during the fall sale!! 

@AlexBT I have so many cream blushes on my list to still try. I’m having trouble taking any out of my cart for the upcoming sale. 🙈

The MAKEUP BY MARIO Soft Pop Blush Stick Pale Petal and Westman Atelier Baby Cheeks Lip + Cheek Cream Blush Stick Poppet and Tower 28 Beauty BeachPlease Lip + Cheek Cream Blush After Hours AND Beautyblender Bounce™ Liquid Whip Cream Blush Cheeky Pink . 

@lnum yes, same! The Mario one also caught my eye, but the Beauty Blender one was not on my radar yet.... (*adds to loves list*) 👀

@AlexBT Hehehehehehehe 🙃

My skin goes crazy with the weather changes, so my favorites this month are calming products like REN Clean Skincare Evercalm™ Overnight Recovery Balm 1.02 oz/ 30 mL (which someone recommended to me on here a while back) and Flora + Bast Age Adapting CBD Serum (a favorite ever since I tried it out in the Sephora Favorites CBD set a year or two ago). I've also been loving Kosas Kosasport LipFuel Hyaluronic Acid Lip Balm Pulse. Somehow, I ended up with two of the Kosas balms (I think I also got them in Sephora Favorites sets or other sets), but I keep one at home and one in a purse. I love that the shape of the lip balm tube is flat, since it's perfect for throwing into a pocket or a small baguette bag.

6A88DBAC-564E-4A84-947F-C28947C7C3AA.jpeg

@txcatx  I agree my skin is not happy when it changes weather as well. Looks like you’ve got some great products to help you through the change. 

I love that Kosas Kosasport LipFuel Hyaluronic Acid Lip Balm Pulse and that reminds me that mine is nowhere to be found! Time to hunt it down again. 

@txcatx Yes! I've heard great things about that Kosas balm - I will have to try it next after I make a bigger dent in my existing collection... 🙂

@AlexBT  Did you see that sumner Fridays came out with a trio with another darker shade 🤣

Skincare and scents have been a source of comfort and self care for me for the last year and a half, and particularly this month, judging by my October favorites! 💖 Hydrated, glowy skin and cozy scents are fall faves all the way @AlexBT

October 2021 FavoritesOctober 2021 Favorites

Spoiler
Paula's Choice Omega Cleansing Balm (not sure why this isn't showing up when I try to tag it) has been a fantastic first cleanse any time of the year, but has really been a nice one to reach for as we move from summer-to-fall. It's a lightweight, unscented balm to oil to a very thin milky emulsion that breaks down and removes makeup and sunscreen, leaving my skin feeling cleansed and hydrated, and without irritating my eyes. I finished my first tube earlier in the month and immediately picked up a second.

The fall and winter months means my skin is more dehydrated and dry. To help combat that, I've been incorporating L'Occitane Immortelle Reset Overnight Reset Oil-In Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL  and Biossance Squalane + Vitamin C Rose Firming Oil 1.01 oz / 30 mL into my evening skincare routine over the last couple of months. Depending on my skin needs, I usually alternate between the two, though some nights, I will reach for both products, with a cream in between for a nourishing moisture sandwich. 😉  I'm seeing some noticeable results after a couple of months with this routine - in fact, I went in for a facial the other day and even my aesthetician remarked that my skin was looking good, which is probably one of the best tells of how well these two skincare items have been performing for me.

It's safe to say that I like a good sheet mask. I use them for an added layer of hydration; if my skin looks a smidge brighter which is also a common result from sheet masks, all the better. The brightening effect from this soft, thin, lightweight 100% cellulose sheet of the Some By Mi Diamond Brightening Glow Luminous Ampoule Mask, however, was on a whole other level. My skin looked LIT ❣️ and that radiant glow came through my makeup too. 😍

Tatcha The Kissu Lip Mask Red Camellia is a beautiful raspberry red tinted gel-balm. The consistency feels more moisturizing than the original version and the pretty tint adds a lovely color and sheen to the lips. I've been wearing this one a lot since picking it up.

Warm, cozy, spicy. That's how I would describe Skylar Fall Cashmere. There's a faint creaminess to it, very subtle in its sweetness. I pick up on the cinnamon and spice first; the dry down is soft. Both the SKYLAR Fall Cashmere Eau de Parfum Rollerball 0.33 oz/ 10 mL and the Skylar Fall Cashmere Candle give off a light scent, a fragrance you notice more as you move closer to the source. The throw on the candle is very subtle - it won't fill up a larger room, but is nice for a small space, adding to the comfy, cozy, familiar feel of the scent.
Happy fall everyone! 🍁🍂

@Margalee, oh, ummm, I'm sorry?! 😬 😬 Eeek! It's so hard this time of the year - shopping lists just get longer and longer by the day, it seems. Lots of beautiful holiday collections being released. I'm happy that the swatch is helpful. I'm not sure whether Sephora will carry the new version in store so I thought it might help to see a photo of it. I've found those to be helpful when I've seen others' swatches so I'm very happy to do the same if it can help someone else get a better idea of a product.

Here's a photo of both the original version and the new LE tinted version of the lip mask.

tatcha cf.jpg

The original has a jelly like texture; it applies and wears more thinly than the tinted LE Red Camellia version which has what I describe as a gel-balm consistency, if that makes sense. It's not thick but it looks and feels thicker than the original Kissu lip mask. 

@Margalee, the Ilia tinted lip treatment is a nice one. I had a mini version of one a while back. I think the Tatcha is more emollient. Here’s a swatch of the new LE Tatcha lip mask -  

10.12.2021 Tatcha LE lip swatch.jpeg

@itsfi Love this festive flat-lay! 🍁🍂 You reminded me - I'm almost done with my full-size Biossance rose oil! I actually use it in the morning and it always makes me feel so bright and glowy first thing 🤩

Thank you @AlexBT! 😊 I’ve only used the Biossance oil in the morning a couple of times - I do love the glow from it! 😍

October Favorites🎃F8406D59-2586-4372-A645-45E5CB769D42.jpeg

I have been loving the Rare Beauty by Selena Gomez Mini Perfect Strokes Universal Volumizing Mascara Black i got in the Sephora Pop set. I plan on getting a full size during the sale. I’m so glad I picked up the Charlotte Tilbury Super Nudes Nudegasm Bronze, Sculpt & Glow Face Palette it is so pretty. KORA Organics Noni Radiant Eye Oil 0.34 oz/ 10 mL is one of my favorite eye treatments and I’m glad to have it back in my routine. Trader Joe’s pumpkin body butter is my absolute favorite, the scent is so good! I received the new Youth To The People Superberry Dream Cleansing Balm 3.4 oz/ 100 mL from Youth to the people and I love it. It has replaced GR papaya as my top cleansing balm.

YTTP has a new cleansing balm, @faeriegirl?!?! How did I not know about this? How is the scent? I definitely will need to try this at some point, as their Youth To The People Superfood Gentle Antioxidant Refillable Cleanser is a little too drying for my skin. Thanks for sharing your faves!

@eshoe  When I first scoop some out I can smell a light scent of the superberry mask, but it fades as soon as I start massaging it in.

Thank you so much, @faeriegirl. It sounds better than I anticipated. Adding to my loves list immediately👍🏼☺️

@faeriegirl Oh wow - I've already had that Charlotte Tilbury palette on my Loves List for a little while now, but I didn't realize the packaging was so cool, too!

Good to know about the YTTP cleansing balm - I still have a ton left of the same Papaya one you mentioned, so looking forward to trying the Superberry one next.

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos15
  • Monthly Favorites October 2021
  • 47799238-5BFD-4CE2-9539-A8601F4423AC.jpeg
  • BE5C574D-1256-4576-84D7-EB4A2ECD8A51.jpeg
  • Top to Bottom: Nubile, Neutral Party, Indian Rose
  • 7028A46F-6338-4FB4-AA59-CE6CD864B190.jpeg
  • 1991EF5D-98EB-46FE-B0D4-D8F4A21422EA.jpeg
  • F8406D59-2586-4372-A645-45E5CB769D42.jpeg
  • October 2021 Favorites
  • 6A88DBAC-564E-4A84-947F-C28947C7C3AA.jpeg