Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Monthly Favorites: October 2021 Edition!

Monthly Favorites October 2021Monthly Favorites October 2021

Even though the sunny weather outside my window is having a bit of an identity crisis, I’m more than ready to embrace all the Fall vibes and buckle down and get cozy. (Speaking of which, don’t forget to join theFall Cozy Challenge if you haven’t already!) Spending more time indoors again means I’ve had time to pick up some new self-care habits (like dry brushing), experiment with some TikTok skincare trends (toner on my underarms?!), and rediscover some old favorites while I re-organize my beauty stash. There’s something about Fall that puts me in the pampering mood, and sometimes that means simply doing my makeup or hair “just because.” Now all I need is some pumpkin spice! 🎃🍂

Here are the products I’ve been loving all October long:

What skincare, hair, makeup, fragrance, and/or wellness products have you been reaching for this October? Reply below and be sure to tag your favorites by using the “#” sign!

Re: Monthly Favorites: October 2021 Edition!

@faeriegirl I totally agree that the YTTP cleansing balm is amazing! And that pumpkin butter looks so nice!

1991EF5D-98EB-46FE-B0D4-D8F4A21422EA.jpeg

 October Favs 🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃👻👻👻👻👻

Regimen labs level serum

Paulas Choice super hydrate mask

Charlotte Tilbury Color Chameleon

Biossance Rose oil

Lisa Eldridge Lipstick  

@jen81 Great faves! I love gettin' my glow on with the Biossance rose oil 🌟

@jen81  Great favs! I like how they are mostly skincare 

@AlexBTthat The Ordinary Glycolic Acid 7% Exfoliating Toner 8 oz/ 240 mL is a welcome once a week treat for me as well! Especially helpful in the cooler weather now☺️

My favorites this past month include a couple of oldies but goodies:

7028A46F-6338-4FB4-AA59-CE6CD864B190.jpeg

Spoiler
The Guerlain L'Or 24K Gold Radiance Primer was in the most recent Sephora Luxe box and has made a world of difference in the occasional pilling I experience post spf application while applying foundation.

Of the three scents in the Farmacy Garden Party Green Clean Trio, the Tangerine has won me over. All three are great, I hope these LE scents become a seasonal thing!

I still have two more travel size sprays of the original Commodity Velvet, and even though they are back in predication, I am still on ration mode. This is my favorite deep, smoky fall scent.

The Tatcha Indigo Overnight Repair Serum in Cream Treatment 1.7 / 50 doesn’t feel like a heavy cream, but nourishes my skin like it is. It absorbs quickly and I wake up with well-0hydrated skin. Thanks @sprocketta for sending this little beauty my way!

The Kosas Cloud Set Baked Setting & Smoothing Talc-Free Vegan Powder Comfy feels like a cloud, as I barely notice it when applying and have to check my brush to ensure I am actually picking up product! It does not make my skin look cakey, just softly smooths everything I’ve done prior to it.  I also like the shape of this, similar to the Merit, so that I can easier see how much product remains.

With every candle I light from the Sephora Favorites Mini Candle Discovery Set I change my mind about how I will redeem my certificate. This NEST New York Grapefruit CandleNEST New York Grapefruit Candle is phenomenal and quite strong for such a tiny little thing. There are only a few scents that I can tolerate when they are strong, and this is one of them. Fruity but not overly sweet, yum!

The Aveda Foot Relief is an old favorite. It absorbs quickly so that after applying a generous layer and cozy socks, I can remove the socks within a half hour.

There was a time when I was skeptical about the benefits of adding an essence into my regular routine. I’ve kind of fallen head over heels for them in the past couple of years, and am currently loving #Tatcha The Essence Skincare Boosting Treatment 5.1 oz/ 150 mL. The unique pour spout is incredibly helpful in dispensing just the right amount (and preventing waste). Bonus points for the brilliant design! I have been using it both day and night, and find that with regular, consistent use, my skin feels and appears ever so slightly bouncier. This is going to be extremely beneficial in the months to some!

@eshoe I have to try that Tatcha essence at some point. I’m afraid I will fall in love with it and have to pay the price. 😅

That is the problem with products, isn’t it @lnum  😄

@eshoe Amazing how quickly the love blooms and you wonder how you ever lived without your fave products. 🤣

Ha @lnum that is the truth!

@eshoe Ooh is that the Tatcha indigo cream? I just started using that too and I love it. I don't have a ton of irritation to deal with (at least not currently!), but it still feels so nice and nourishing.

@AlexBT is is the Tatcha Indigo Overnight Repair Serum in Cream Treatment 1.7 / 50. @sprocketta was so enamored with how well it helped her skin that she sent me a travel size. It is somehow rich but feels lightweight. There are just products that after you have applied them, feel like they are loving on your skin. This is one of them ❤️ 

@eshoe  Great favs!! I was also skeptical about essences but once I tried one I knew I needed it in my rotation. I agree I noticed a huge difference in my skin when I use one. Tatcha essence is also one of my favs. I find for the price the bottle actually lasts a long time for me.  I’ve been wanting to try the Kosas powder since it came out. I will definitely try it once I am out of my current one. 

I do hope it lasts awhile, @ather! I have a few other essences that I rotate so it should. I tend to ration my products, even though some work better with generous layers. Thankfully this is one that needs just a little to work! 

I love that kosas powder as well! @eshoe 

It lives up to its name, @jen81.…like a cloud☁️

@eshoe  I love the Tatcha essence, my skin feels so much better when I use it consistently. I got a mini of that Kosas powder and I really like it so far.

Key word there, @faeriegirl - consistency is key! I loved the Kosas so much I grabbed a second one😂 

@eshoe I'm so happy that you're enjoying the candle set, @eshoe!  It seems like a fun variety pack.  I also appreciate your review on the #Tatcha The Essence Skincare Boosting Treatment; I recently hauled it but I haven't tried it yet and I'm looking forward to giving it a shot 🙂

@CookieGirl1 if you have ever tried the Son & Park Beauty Water, I find it very similar in how it feels, the consistency, and even in how it appears to slightly plump my skin. I am very curious to hear what you think of it once you try it!

@eshoe I'm really looking forward to it!  I'm trying to finish up another product first but I'm aaallllmost there 🙂

This month I’ve enjoyed a couple of SDJ products - Sol de Janeiro Bom Dia Bright™ Visibly Brightening and Smoothing Body Cream with Vitamin C 8.1 oz / ... and Sol de Janeiro Rio Deo Aluminum-Free Deodorant 2 oz/ 57 g . I’ve been using the body cream for a few months but am really starting to appreciate it now. It’s been mentioned more than once I’ve moved to a new climate so the skin/body care I use has needed to be switched up a tad. Even in heat and humidity, you can still experience dry skin! And you need lotions and moisturizers that work with you not against you haha. I love how well all of the SDJ products absorb and leave nothing *on* the skin, if that makes sense… also I switch over to the deo recently and have been really pleased! No major adjustment period from my old brand and the smell is so nice. 

Conversation Stats
Photos15
  • Monthly Favorites October 2021
  • 47799238-5BFD-4CE2-9539-A8601F4423AC.jpeg
  • BE5C574D-1256-4576-84D7-EB4A2ECD8A51.jpeg
  • Top to Bottom: Nubile, Neutral Party, Indian Rose
  • 7028A46F-6338-4FB4-AA59-CE6CD864B190.jpeg
  • 1991EF5D-98EB-46FE-B0D4-D8F4A21422EA.jpeg
  • F8406D59-2586-4372-A645-45E5CB769D42.jpeg
  • October 2021 Favorites
  • 6A88DBAC-564E-4A84-947F-C28947C7C3AA.jpeg
  • Screenshot 2021-10-25 144030.jpg