Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Monthly Favorites: October 2020 Edition!

102220-OctoberMonthlyFaves.jpg

As we head into the last week of October, it’s officially spooky szn, but there’s nothing scary about my monthly beauty faves (except maybe that radioactive-looking comb 😵)! My October picks represent a range of “newness” – one is a brand-spankin’-new product, others are new from earlier this year, and a couple of them are some longtime Community standbys -- but they’re *all* new to me, so I’m excited to share them with the B-I-C! So check out my October favorites below, then dig into your stash and tell me – what fragrance, hair, skincare, makeup, or wellness goodies have you been turning to the most this month? Holy grails, new favorites, and rediscovered beauty gems are all fair game!

Here are my October favorites:

What products have you been loving this month? Hit the “Reply” button below to show and tell!

Re: Monthly Favorites: October 2020 Edition!

@missjeanie @eshoe Yes, love these colours too!

Yes @missjeanie, I love their polish🥰 I think the ones without numbers might be LE, I checked the box and could only find the name for the Ruban and Coco. The Ruban is one of my oldest polishes, and it still applies beautifully. These seem to last years without a change in quality. @pocketvenus 

I’ve yet to try the Mario Badesco mist, @AlexBT - but it’s on my list for December! October included the following goodies:

62A10B69-D092-4795-9402-FDE03F24AD3C.jpeg

Spoiler

SPF, especially since the sun is still so hot. Love the Dermstore Daily Mineral Sunscreen, especially since my favorite Coola BB has been discontinued. This acts the same and so I will love it accordingly:) 

The Alpyn Beauty Hydrating Sleeping Mask with Melatonin & Wild Dandelion 2.0 oz/ 59 mL is a sleeping mask that gives me good skin in the morning. That’s about all I could ask for and want in a sleeping mask, ha!

The Suqqu Moisture Rich Mask takes some loving and gentle coaxing, but if you are prepared to spend some time on your complexion, this is a surprisingly pleasant choice. A thin layer = wash off with hydrated skin. A thicker layer = sleeping mask lock-in moisture miracle.

The Ordinary Multi-Peptide Serum for Hair Density 2 oz/ 60 mL was a suggestion from @Kim888 I believe, and I’ve put it into use since she recommended it. I’m looking forward to what a few months will have to say about it 😉

I fell in love with the Maison Margiela 'REPLICA' Coffee Break Eau de Toilette Travel Spray 0.34 oz/ 10 mL Eau de Toilette Spray @faeriegirl sent me last winter, and it still is one of my favorites. Thank you for sending it my way, @faeriegirl. It’s made my winter transition just right;)

Eta the mummified HK I owe to @SportyGirly125 😉

@eshoe Definitely curious to hear what you think of the hair serum!

@pocketvenus My hair has been improving overall in the past couple of months due to a couple of changes (including this). I just need to be more consistent with using it, it’s kind of a pain for a lazy beauty person ☺️. I will keep you posted on any results!

Lovely selection @eshoe !  I have MM Coffee Break on my list right now for the sale.  Such a beautiful warm cozy fragrance. 

@missjeanie It is so cozy, now I am just waiting for the snowfall - I can dream, right? ❄️

@eshoe  Ill send you some of mine lol! We’ve had a bit so far but nothing that’s stuck. 

@eshoe great favorites! I love the replica scent as well... Have you ever tried the supergoop mineral sunscreen?

I have tried the Supergoop, it’s pretty good too @lmaster. I like the blurring effect of the Dermstore (Coola’s was like that, too), I use it on my forehead only, it gives it a soft matte finish. The rest of my face can look dewy, but if I treat my forehead the same, it just looks shiny 😆

@eshoe my skin loves the mineral spf so you like the dermstore better than supergoop,, I've only tried the SG 

I’m 🤞🏼That I am comparing the right SG, @lmaster. You’ve tried the Coola? It’s this one. Not sure if they did phase it out as I just found this on Dermstore, or if Some places just aren’t carrying it anymore, or if it’s going through a repackaging🤷🏻‍♀️

DAC0C2D6-31F1-4F9E-B0DC-6A0CDB567449.jpeg

The SG that I tried was more like a lotion, not a BB cream. If there is one that is like a BB cream, with a slight tint, that’s exactly what I would need to replace this if it is indeed discontinued.

I am slowly working through the Sephora Favorites SPF summer set, and love Biossance Squalane + Zinc Sheer Mineral Sunscreen SPF 30 PA +++ 1.7 oz/ 50 mL so far the most for the rest of my face! But so many others work great too, including the Volition Beauty Prismatic Luminizing Shield SPF 50. The two I’ve tried from thhat set that most definitely have not worked for me have been the First Aid Beauty Weightless Liquid Mineral SPF 30 and Drunk Elephant Umbra Tinte™ Physical Daily Defense Face Sunscreen SPF 30. Both just make my skin look greasy.

@eshoe 

Screenshot_20201103-150039.png

Ok I’m pretty certain I have not used this one, @lmaster - THANK YOU for sharing!!!!😘

@eshoe Supergoop! Zincscreen Mineral Lotion SPF 40 PA+++ 1.7 oz/ 50 mL I think this is the one,, they've repackaged it though,, it used to have a blue lid and it was not like a lotion,,, kind of reminded me of the texture of the tarte Timeless Smoothing Primer 0.5 oz/ 14.2 g 

Now I'm going to ask what do you use on the rest of your face?? @eshoe 

I have been enjoying doing my makeup everyday again and my favorite products for October have been:

Dior Dior Forever Skin Correct Concealer 1 Neutral  I love to use this as a stand alone concealer or with doing my full face. 

Urban Decay Naked Honey Eyeshadow Palette  I have really been enjoying these golden shades for fall.

@sparkles0913 Love that palette 

@faeriegirl Ooooh very interested in that tinted lip butter! No surprise coming from this lip balm addict, though.. 😉

@faeriegirl I must say,,, great bunch of favorites!!

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
Photos25
  • 102220-OctoberMonthlyFaves.jpg
  • 30E05A20-7333-486D-B5EC-0C770AE87D28.jpeg
  • 4F93A42D-15B9-4066-9835-96F05D6FECB9.jpeg
  • CF65A034-BDAD-4B14-BA20-2CF870449FA7.jpeg
  • 134EE97A-CE1A-42BF-B4AF-2653822DF5BC.jpeg
  • October 2020 Favorites!
  • ADA3F4E3-6CF5-418C-8B0A-7B5C5FBAF4DD.jpeg
  • "But the PMG palette is mostly repeats!" So was Mothership 7 but did that stop y'all from buying it? No it did not. :D
  • Not just for bodies; also good for irritated/inflamed faces.
  • 3 of these are repeat monthly favorites. :D
  • AFEFBAE9-2D7F-4D66-BB92-2A984C34DFC9.gif
  • giphy (12).gif
  • 3BF0A95A-FA3B-4F3F-AC45-8D58C56C6F50.gif
  • 20201029_172648.jpg
  • 20201029_174824.jpg
testing