Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Monthly Favorites: October 2020 Edition!

102220-OctoberMonthlyFaves.jpg

As we head into the last week of October, it’s officially spooky szn, but there’s nothing scary about my monthly beauty faves (except maybe that radioactive-looking comb 😵)! My October picks represent a range of “newness” – one is a brand-spankin’-new product, others are new from earlier this year, and a couple of them are some longtime Community standbys -- but they’re *all* new to me, so I’m excited to share them with the B-I-C! So check out my October favorites below, then dig into your stash and tell me – what fragrance, hair, skincare, makeup, or wellness goodies have you been turning to the most this month? Holy grails, new favorites, and rediscovered beauty gems are all fair game!

Here are my October favorites:

What products have you been loving this month? Hit the “Reply” button below to show and tell!

Re: Monthly Favorites: October 2020 Edition!

@AlexBT   Three years later...😆.  I ended up giving the ones I got at Sephoria away cause I have made maybe a 1cm dent in my original pot.   The day you get through that we need to have a BIC party!  

@heartsmyface hahahah oh good, I was worried it was just me!

That bat sanitizer holder is 100% adorable, @heartsmyface 

@quspork   Isn’t it?  @Mcakes posted it somewhere and I needed to get my hands on it that day!  I risked the mall for that little guy.   It even glows in the dark which is completely useless but my inner six year old appreciates it  :D. 

Glows in the dark?! 😍 That is perfect, @heartsmyface

Love that MILK melatonin lip mask and the Moschino Toy smells so good, and how cute is that bottle @heartsmyface?! I have the mini version you sent my way and love the scent! That Caolin mask sounds wonderful - you always find such great things during your travels! 😍

@itsfi I kinda avoided reviewing the perfume cause I thought I smelled like blackberries this whole time and looked up the notes to find it says mandarine, Granny Smith apples and floral notes with woody musk.😅. Not at all what I’m smelling. 

hahahaha! Love it @heartsmyface🤣 Those sure are some very complex blackberries you're smelling! 😆It’s so interesting how we pick up different scents, isn’t it? There is a fragrance that’s described as having notes of citrus, spices, cedar, and musk, and I’ve heard of others picking up those scents, but all I  think of after I spritz it on my wrist was "why do I smell like root beer?" 😂🤣😂 To this day, I cannot find anyone who picks up a root beer scent from that fragrance. 😜

@itsfi   bahahaha!! Rootbeer perfume!! What is this root beer fragrance cause I need to try it!  😝. It can’t be all bad if that’s what you’re picking up.  

@heartsmyface, hilarious, right?! It’s Maison Margiela Replica Under The Lemon Tree. 🍋 I so wanted it to smell like lemons and work for me, but I didn’t get any lemon scent. Once, I was having a good conversation with a Sephora cast member about perfumes and we were trying different scents in the store and then we got to that one and sure enough, I picked up root beer again. As you can imagine, it elicited a good laugh when I shared what I smelled. 😆 I have a sample of that perfume and spritz it every now and again just to see if there’s any change, but nope, I think I still smell like root beer when I put a little on. Hahaha! 

@itsfi I would have NEVER guessed that!😂  I know for sure I don’t have a sample of that one but I am in the process of making a perfume order to try some new scents and now my curiosity has a hold with that one.  I had assumed it would smell like Mr Clean 😅

Ha, as long as you like root beer... Rootbeer is a flavour I crave maybe once or twice a year.  It’s not that I don’t like it but I prefer other flavours over it when I have the choice. 

@heartsmyface That Caolion sounds amazing. And I'm internally crying because Prague is a dream destination. 

@Samtian   It’s gorgeous there!  A fine choice of dream destination!  I would go just to see the castles again!  We were there for a reconnaissance mission (planning a conference for this year) That obviously never panned out but it’s still on our agenda for the future.  

Really loving the Farmacy HONEYMOON GLOW AHA Resurfacing Night Serum with Hydrating Honey + Gentle Flower Acids

I received a sample from @eshoe a few months back and picked it up during the F&F sale. I love the texture of this. It takes a lot to make me part with my Paula's Choice 8% aha gel. This is supposedly 1% bha so I still use my PC 2% before I put this on. I have used this daily for the last week. My pores are looking clearer and smaller. I really prefer the texture of this Serum to the gel I was using. Warning though, strong honey scent. I thought it would be too much for me the first couple days but i got used to it. Highly recommend.

The Farmacy honey line has a lot of great products @sprocketta. Happy to hear your skin likes this serum.

@itsfi All the other honey stuff seems extra moisturizing and I don't have dry skin. It's funny, I the Honeymoon Glow and then Very Cherry Bright as my next step. The honey really reduces smelling the cherry which I love, but I am seeing great results.

@sprocketta Honeymoon Glow has been on my list forevs and now you might have finally convinced me to finally go for it!

@AlexBT I've been curious about the product for ages. I will say it's strong and it's too much for some people so trying before buying is best. I'm using it daily as I was already at 8% aha daily. It still tingled the first couple days. It stings if you've got something open. I picked a scab off and felt it when I put this on later. But I seriously love it.

@sprocketta I might have to spring for the Farmacy House of Gold in that case! 😉 

@sprocketta   Ouhhhh, I’m putting this on my list.  I need to get through just one exfoliating product and it will be mine! Thanks for the recommendation!  

@heartsmyface I've seen some of your vanity trays loaded with skincare. I'm sure you have plenty to work through, but yes, I'm a BIG fan of this.

11 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos25
  • 102220-OctoberMonthlyFaves.jpg
  • 30E05A20-7333-486D-B5EC-0C770AE87D28.jpeg
  • 4F93A42D-15B9-4066-9835-96F05D6FECB9.jpeg
  • CF65A034-BDAD-4B14-BA20-2CF870449FA7.jpeg
  • 134EE97A-CE1A-42BF-B4AF-2653822DF5BC.jpeg
  • October 2020 Favorites!
  • ADA3F4E3-6CF5-418C-8B0A-7B5C5FBAF4DD.jpeg
  • "But the PMG palette is mostly repeats!" So was Mothership 7 but did that stop y'all from buying it? No it did not. :D
  • Not just for bodies; also good for irritated/inflamed faces.
  • 3 of these are repeat monthly favorites. :D
  • AFEFBAE9-2D7F-4D66-BB92-2A984C34DFC9.gif
  • giphy (12).gif
  • 3BF0A95A-FA3B-4F3F-AC45-8D58C56C6F50.gif
  • 20201029_172648.jpg
  • 20201029_174824.jpg
testing