cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Monthly Favorites: May 2024 Edition!

GeorginaBT_0-1716566375437.jpeg

Hope the month of May has been blossoming beautifully for you, BIC! 🌷🌹🌼 I went on a bit of a beauty shopping spree last month (which, in full transparency, set me on a personal no-spend challenge in May 😅), so I’ve been taking time to really enjoy some of the new additions to my various routines. Some of my favorite products this month are ones I’ve been looking to try for a while (after being influenced by friends, social media, and – of course – fellow Community members). There’s nothing better than when something works just as you imagined it would! 

Here are the products I’ve been in love with this month:

What’s been working for you lately, BIC? Reply and use the “#” symbol to tag skincare, makeup, hair, and fragrance faves as of late. I can’t wait to hear your thoughts!

Re: Monthly Favorites: May 2024 Edition!

@itsfi The Haus Labs sounds like it pairs really well with the UD foundation! I think that's the only one on your list that I haven't tried yet. I'll have to look into both of these to see if there's a decent match. Thanks!

Highly recommend the pairing @PrettyPaint if you can find good color matches in both. I feel like most Sephora stores carry both brands. I haven't been to many Sephora at Kohl's stores, but I don't recall seeing Haus Labs there; UD yes, no Haus, though to be fair, I've only been in 2 Sephora at Kohl's and in full disclosure, I didn't do a full scan of the store, just ran in and out to grab the Sephora Collection Caffeine Eye Masks. Hahaha! 

The Haus concealer is great for concealing redness around my nose. I've yet to try it as an under eye concealer or as a substitute for foundation but I've been meaning to; making a note of that now! 

Out of curiosity, what are your thoughts on the Tower 28 and Armani Power Fabric concealers?

@itsfi Thanks so much. I don't have a store very close to me, so I usually shop online. If they have accurate photos available, though, I'm usually pretty comfortable figuring out a shade match. The Tower 28 is one of my favorites, though I don't think I currently own a tube. I like how it's moisturizing and doesn't crease much. My under eye circles are pretty severe, though, so I'm always looking for something with extreme coverage. I haven't used the GA for a while, but I'm pretty sure I liked it (though there may have been a little creasing). If you try the Haus under your eyes, could you let me know? I actually very rarely use concealer on my face, so the under eyes are my main concern. 

I will definitely let you know @PrettyPaint! I’ll aim to give it a try this or next weekend and get back to you. 

Thanks so much @itsfi 

Wow, that's an impressive review on the Urban Decay Face Bond Self Setting Waterproof Foundation , @itsfi!  I love finding a foundation that just works.

@CookieGirl1, I've been pleasantly surprised by how well the UD foundation works. 😳😊  The performance during that spa day test really cemeted it among my favorites. Agree, it feels good when we find something that works for us - now, I have 5 foundations that I'm really attached to. All different enough from one another. 

@itsfi OK, so what are the other four?  Curious minds want to know 😊.

lol @CookieGirl1. For the curious minds, here are the top 5 foundations that I'm currently loving. 

Skin Tint - Tower 28 Beauty SunnyDays SPF 30 Tinted Sunscreen Foundation - coverage on this one is probably better decribed as "skin tint plus" as it has slightly more coverage than a tinted moisturizer. No complaints with that, just noting it. 

Full - Touch In Sol Pretty Filter Perfect Finish Foundation (matte)

I tend to reach for foundations that fit into the first 2 categories on most days, and the vast majority of my foundation purchases will fall into one of those two categories. Even so, the Tower 28 SunnyDays and the Armani LSF have held on and been repeated repurchases for years and I don't see that changing any time soon.

I'm going through my foundations as part of the Capsule Makeup Collection Challenge and while there could possibly be a new favorite base product that emerges from going through all my foundations, I don't foresee any change in those two being tops for me in their coverage category, or, actually, just in general. The UD has a good chance of joining them but we'll see how it holds up throughout the year. 

Amazing favorites @itsfi !! Omg that Urban Decay Face Bond Self Setting Waterproof Foundation really be living up to its name!! Have you tried the Dior Backstage Face & Body Foundation because that's also pretty self setting too... comparable? (I'm also thinking about refilling this foundation LOL) 

Oh, I really like the Dior Backstage Face & Body @jaaayp, but I feel like they may have reformulated that foundation somewhat recently, within the past year, perhaps? I had heard that the reformulation was not for the better, but I haven't tried the new formula. I should probably test out the new on to see how it compares. The reformulated glow and matte formulaes work fine on me but I don't recall hearing that those were off. Maybe I'll try out the F&B later in the year. I'm doing pretty well on my shop my stash / low buy and hoping to stick to it so I want to be selective with what I pick up, though I could pick up some samples.

btw, what primer do you use with the Dior F&B, if you use a primer? The primer from the same collection? Ummm, asking ... for a friend?! Yeah, for a friend. 😅

@itsfi  You are really selling me on the UD. I am amazed how it held up! I think a bit of movement is normal. I don’t think I have ever had anything that has not moved at all. Those puffs are the best! I’m glad you were able to treat yourself! Such an extra special treat! That Gisou balm looks so good on you! I am surprised with a second layer it really changes the colour. So pretty! 😍 

@ather, thank you! 😊 It was a good month of favorites, and a good mix too - some pretties that have rotated in and out of my collection for years, like that micellar water, which has been around for at least a decade if not more than that, and the Shiseido has been in and out of the stash for longer than that. And a couple of beauties that I've only discovered recently - UD foundation (early May) and the Gisou lip oil (April).

Woooow, amazing favs @itsfi! Your review of the Urban Decay foundation is a convincing one! I got the foundation as gratis here at Sephora HQ and I think I tried it once; now I do think I need to give it another go or two. 

That Gisou lip oil looks so pretty on you! Such a nice summer-y "just-ate-a-cherry-popsicle" shade. 😊

Definitely give it another go @GeorginaBT! i was not expecting to perform so well. I like applying it with a brush. 

Yes, the cherry popsicle lip stain is great for warm weather. I think I need to have a cherry popsicle to really compare how similar the Gisou lip oil looks like it. I mean, we’d want some assurance of accuracy, right? Right!! I will have cherry popsicles for science. I’ll take one for the team. 😂 

Sorry for your allergy woes @itsfi ! Love this lip on you. Must investigate even tho I usually can resist a lip oil. Maybe not! 🤨 

@Sunnysmom, I need to be better able to resist lip oils 😂

That's a gorgeous shade @itsfi 

@lmaster, thank you; it's such a fun summery shade. 😎 

@itsfi  thanks for the tag - that UD foundation sounds like it performs impressively well! The Gisou lip is super pretty too, plus I just love the packaging. Sorry about your allergies, I hope they clear up soon! I've heard from a lot of friends and coworkers who suffer from allergies that they've been especially bad this year.

@caitbird, I’m still a skin tint gal, but this UD foundation seems like it could make a run for the beauty find of the year for me. Sure, sure, we have more year left but it’s a contender and the current frontrunner; I have been very surprised (in the best way) by how well this has performed. 🥰 

It’s definitely been a rough year for allergies, but these beauties, along with many boxes of Kleenex 🤧 😝, have made it more bearable. 👍🏼 

330 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos32
  • GeorginaBT_0-1716566375437.jpeg
  • IMG_5256.jpeg
  • IMG_5615.jpeg
  • IMG_5266.jpeg
  • IMG_4484.jpeg
  • IMG_5370.jpeg
  • IMG_5369.jpeg
  • 1000017753.jpg
  • 1000017757.jpg