cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Monthly Favorites: May 2024 Edition!

GeorginaBT_0-1716566375437.jpeg

Hope the month of May has been blossoming beautifully for you, BIC! 🌷🌹🌼 I went on a bit of a beauty shopping spree last month (which, in full transparency, set me on a personal no-spend challenge in May 😅), so I’ve been taking time to really enjoy some of the new additions to my various routines. Some of my favorite products this month are ones I’ve been looking to try for a while (after being influenced by friends, social media, and – of course – fellow Community members). There’s nothing better than when something works just as you imagined it would! 

Here are the products I’ve been in love with this month:

What’s been working for you lately, BIC? Reply and use the “#” symbol to tag skincare, makeup, hair, and fragrance faves as of late. I can’t wait to hear your thoughts!

Re: Monthly Favorites: May 2024 Edition!

What do you like and enjoy about this one @HeatherAriana? I can't say I've used much from this brand, I'd love to hear your thoughts. 😀

When I saw the color on Ilia's Instagram page, I simply loved the color. I liked how it stood out when swatched on skin, and how it looked when worn on the models. It takes a color to speak out to you, and won't regret buying later. 

@HeatherAriana  this looks like such a pretty red!

Another beauty of a red @HeatherAriana ! 

Mostly new favorites, and one old favorite.

19F78E5D-11B0-4F70-8B16-4FA7FE229A1C.jpegA86BFAB2-C362-4E41-954F-73CEEFF7D6EC.jpeg

Swatches- L-R; top to bottom:

GXVE blush Purple Irises- My knuckles are getting in the way of the view, but you can still see how natural it looks.

GXVE lip- Purple Irises

GXVE brow shade 4, shade 7

GXVE eye liner Purple Timing.  There's a little bit of red, very subtle shift to this that's not showing up in my picture.

My old favorite is the Eau D'Italie Morn to Dusk eau de parfum.  I'm glad to have gotten it at half-price two years ago when the general price was lower also, because it's outrageously expensive.  But, it is nearly a 100%  pure vanilla scent, lingers well, but soft.

I've been trying the Cerave Skin Renewing Vitamin C Serum for a few days.  I love the Biossance Squalane + 10% Vitamin C Dark Spot Serum 1.0 oz/ 30 mL , but this one works for either adding moisture or helping the skin barrier accept more moisture from my skin creams, even while using my stronger skin products.

I decided to try some GXVE products as they were half-off here, at Kohls Sephora (most of the line is still half-price there,) and direct. 

I really, really like the GXVE BY GWEN STEFANI Most Def Clean Instant Definition Sculpting Eyebrow Pencil .  It arrived softened from the heat, and that made the consistency perfect for use (going to have to find a good way to soften it every time- does anyone have any suggestions?)  I can use both shades 4 and 7.  The shading ability is lighter than I expected, which made me happy because I can use shades that are better suited for me without looking harsh.

GXVE BY GWEN STEFANI Line It Up Clean 24-Hr Gel Pencil Waterproof Eyelinerin Violet Timing.  What a pretty shade for green eyes, and these do not budge.  I'm looking forward to trying them out in the heat and humidity of summer.

GXVE BY GWEN STEFANI Dewyplump Collagen Lip Gel Purple Irises  This is so pretty!  It has the same sweet coconut scent of her other products, but much less noticeable.  It's a thick, sticky gloss, but that doesn't bother me as that means it will stay put.  It's somewhat sheer.

GXVE BY GWEN STEFANI Dewyplump Collagen Boosting Cheek Tint  Purple Irises.  I am a huge fan of Armani's liquid blushes.  I haven't tried the new one, but the old ones applied so well and were smooth and blurring.  I can say the same for this product, at half the price. 

@Ispend2much6  beautiful faves! That Purple Irises shade is so pretty!

@caitbird  Thanks!  They are!!!  I wore them both tonight.  Love them! 

Good favs and scores on the GXVE too @Ispend2much6 ! The blush is so nice. I’m having a hard time with the gloss tho even though I love the color! It is quite sticky and thick! Lol. Any tips for managing it?! 

@SunnysmomI've only worn it trying it on, and to be honest, I'd only be wearing it out for a few hours.  I do kind of wonder if reapplying it would be tough.

It definitely gives coverage @Ispend2much6 ! Yes, love to hear your thoughts  as you continue to use it. 😊

Beautiful picks this month @Ispend2much6. I am now thinking I need to go in-store soon to investigate these GXVE cheek tints? Your review makes this sound so good! 

@CynthieLu  Thank you! Yes I think you should. The blushes’ application is foolproof- no darker “dots” from where the blush first hits the face.😊

Ooh ok I'm going to add this to my list of things I'm investigating when I go in store this weekend! @Ispend2much6  😉🙏 Thank you for that! I'm pretty curious to see what it's like. 

@CynthieLu  Let me know!

Awww mission unsuccessful @Ispend2much6 I'm sorry to say my local is a small store, they don't carry alot and I guess recently they removed GXVE from the shelves. It's going to be awhile before I'm in a big city and can investigate but eventually I will. 😉 I do love visiting they big stores. 

@CynthieLu  Oh no!!  And I hope that doesn't mean the brand is folding.  Guess you'll have to "settle" for the Armani liquid blush.😂

@GeorginaBT I've been liking amika Dream Routine Overnight Hydrating Hair Mask 3.3 oz / 100 mL .  Smooths my ends, and seems to make my hair more supple.  Fyi: it's not a wash out product.   I do wish I'd gotten it on sale as I hate paying full price!

@greeneyedgirl107  sounds really nice, glad it's working well for you!

@caitbird the only thing I'm not crazy about is the fragrance: I don't care for it, and it's too heavy. 

17170050411119217002942193255633.jpg

ILIA Lip Sketch Hydrating Lipstick + Lip Liner Crayon Case Study . I also got a pencil sharpener too.

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos32
  • GeorginaBT_0-1716566375437.jpeg
  • IMG_5256.jpeg
  • IMG_5615.jpeg
  • IMG_5266.jpeg
  • IMG_4484.jpeg
  • IMG_5370.jpeg
  • IMG_5369.jpeg
  • 1000017753.jpg
  • 1000017757.jpg