cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Monthly Favorites: May 2023 Edition!

GeorginaBT_0-1684943025623.png

Sun’s out, BIC! 🌞 Although the San Francisco Bay Area inevitably experiences random bits of cold and fog throughout the year, I think it’s safe to say that it’s starting to warm up over here on the west coast. I’ve personally been looking forward to the hotter weather – do some of my favorite beauty products of the month give away that I’m manifesting an early summer?! 🙏

Here are the products I’ve been reaching for most in May:

What about you, BIC? Let me know what makeup, skincare, hair, and fragrance products you’ve loved most this month by hitting the “Reply” button. Don’t forget to use the “#” symbol to tag those faves, too!

Re: Monthly Favorites: May 2023 Edition!

Oh the Hermès spray sounds like the perfect scent for a spring-summer transition, @Sunnysmom.

Curiosity has me - how/what tool/technique do you dust a bit of shadow on your lashes? 

It’s unique and I’m sure not for everyone @eshoe but combining it made it magical I thought! I just use a small eye shadow brush and super lightly press in a dense matte shadow. Works every time! Voila, thicker lashes! 🥰

Wow I love this trick, @Sunnysmom. Going to try it tomorrow with an eggplant shade.

Let me know @eshoe ! Don’t use too wet of a mascara tho. Kind of in between seems to work best. For me anyway ☺️. 

I am in between a few mascaras right now, @Sunnysmom. Finishing up one and about to open a couple of minis. My sample stash is shrinking and it might be time to purchase a new one…my ears are open 👀 

Not sure what formula you prefer @eshoe but as I’m a bit fickle about my mascaras and prefer less wet, I rotate amongst these - By Terry Terrybly Growth Booster continues to be my true favorite for the first few coats or ILIA Mini Fullest Volumizing Mascara Classic Black , rms beauty Straight Up Volumizing Peptide Mascara 0.34 oz/ 10 ml , Wander Beauty Unlashed Volume & Curl Mascara Black or NARS Mini Climax Mascara Explicit Black . For the last coat I really like and always seem to use tarte mini tartelette ™ tubing mascara Black or Chanel Le Volume . Oh I also like Gen See as a terrific all in 1. It feels so light and great all day. Tower 28 Beauty MakeWaves Lengthening + Volumizing Mascara Jet has a good formula too!

One of the big reasons I also love to do the light shadow dust trick is to eliminate using a lash curler as I find they can be a bit rougher on my lashes than I love.

Told you I was fickle! 🤣 What are your favorites?! 

Fickle you say, @Sunnysmom? I would have to say you are in good company 😂

Ok, you have given me a laundry list of mascaras to try! I am a fan of the Le Volume as well. Hmmmm, my favourites? Gucci L'Obscur Lengthening Mascara 1 Eve Black is definitely up there. I like Ilia as well, but the ILIA Limitless Lash Lengthening Clean Mascara After Midnight for its smaller brush. tarte SEA Surfer Curl™ Volumizing Mascara Black is another on-the-lean-side brush I like. For a fuller brush, Armani Beauty Eyes To Kill Waterproof Mascara. I could probably go on and on but those are the first few that come to mind! 

😆 I suppose buying mascara is like looking for the perfect lip shade too eh @eshoe ?! 🤦🏻‍♀️ I like your list. I’ve yet to try the Tarte I don’t think. I will tho! I like both versions of the Ilia too. Both brushes serve different purposes for sure. Ooh and the Caliray is good too tho I’m not usually a tube mascara girl!

caliray Come Hell or High Water Volumizing & Lengthening Tubing Mascara 0.37 oz / 11 mL 

Oh yes, @Sunnysmom, I bought the mascara Sephora Favourites set last year with the code for a FS. The caliray Mini Come Hell or High Water Volumizing & Lengthening Tubing Mascara 0.18 oz/ 5.5 mL is the one I chose.

It's funny, the Chanel was the first 'tubing' style mascara I ever used (if you can call it that? I think?). I fell in love and every similar style wand since has been a love or at least a like for me. There are others I like, but they caused lash loss and/or tearing. I always use a primer, too. Seems my lashes could use a little extra plumping 😊

Also curious what remover you are using for mascara, if you happen to know off-hand.

Chanel will always be a consistent fav of mine too @eshoe ! I love the volume formula brush as I’m a fluffy brush fan usually! I haven’t used primer in awhile and I should. I used to use those fiber ones but they kind of got in my eyes sometimes so I gave them up. That’s why shadow seems to do the trick these days! That was a terrific way to get the full size Caliray, smart. The other little thing I love is MACs new lash refresher. That baby works! 

I use Bioderma Hydrabio or Sensibio to remove mine. You? 

I haven't heard of the Lash Refresher, @Sunnysmom - adding it to my to try list now!

I use the same (Bioderma Sensible), have for years now 👍

ETA: I just looked up the Lash Refresher. It's...dry shampoo for your lashes? I have heard it all now 😄 It is now a must-try!

I think it’s a nifty little product @eshoe . It may look quite wet but it’s not once you run it through your lashes. BeautyPie used to have one of these that I loved too and someone else years ago. Everything old is new again right?! 😆

IMG_9155.jpeg

Well, you've convinced me @Sunnysmom

So true, even the packaging is quite 80's inspired! 

Gorgeous products and picture @Sunnysmom ! But that Dior lipstick case….. 🩷🩷🩷🩷🩷🩷🩷🩷

Thank you @Saradestin ! 😘 I’m such a goofball for those cases as I know many of us are! 😍

Oooh great list of faves @Sunnysmom 👌 I think the mini Pat Mcgrath Palette's look so tempting. 🙂 I can see how versatile that one would be.

I've been eyeing up PAT McGRATH LABS Mini Eye Shadow Palette: Midnight Voyage because I'm drawn to purple shades.💜

@CynthieLu @You would look amazing in PMG Midnight voyage palette. I have it and it comes in handy. 

They’re small but mighty @CynthieLu ! The purples are so fun too, I can see those on you! 🥰

Thank you 💜🩷@Sunnysmom @SportyGirly125 I have so many reasons to try this now 😉 🙈

@Sunnysmom oooh, Tarot is such a good shade!

It is @CookieGirl1 , depth but still easy. 

10 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos25
  • GeorginaBT_0-1684943025623.png
  • 77927C0E-71D6-4C77-8FB7-77D43E88EB5A.jpeg
  • IMG_7114.jpeg
  • May 2023 Favorites
  • IMG_0593.jpeg
  • IMG_5038.jpeg
  • IMG_4924.jpeg
  • IMG_5043.jpeg
  • IMG_20230524_095351467.jpg