cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Monthly Favorites: May 2023 Edition!

GeorginaBT_0-1684943025623.png

Sun’s out, BIC! 🌞 Although the San Francisco Bay Area inevitably experiences random bits of cold and fog throughout the year, I think it’s safe to say that it’s starting to warm up over here on the west coast. I’ve personally been looking forward to the hotter weather – do some of my favorite beauty products of the month give away that I’m manifesting an early summer?! 🙏

Here are the products I’ve been reaching for most in May:

What about you, BIC? Let me know what makeup, skincare, hair, and fragrance products you’ve loved most this month by hitting the “Reply” button. Don’t forget to use the “#” symbol to tag those faves, too!

Re: Monthly Favorites: May 2023 Edition!

@Titian06 ,

I'm so glad to hear that you love your GUERLAIN Terracotta Luminizer Highlighter Powder 00 IVORY !  It's on my list and moving up quickly!

Have the Dior Backstage Eyeshadow Palettes been discontinued?

Thanks, @tsavorite !  I love the Guerlain highlighter!  It's not super shiny and/or glittery.  It looks great with all the makeup I've worn it with so far.  I hope you love it as much as I do. 🙂

I haven't heard the Backstage palettes are being discontinued.  The Khaki palette was limited edition and I think the Burgundy palette is as well.

@Titian06 ,

You are right about that, the Dior Backstage Khaki Palette is no longer available.  I'm glad that I got it when I could.  😊

Good News!  Yesterday, Sephora online had the Backstage Eyeshadow Palettes OOS.   I was worried that they were being discontinued.  I even looked at other shopping sites, including Dior. 

Today Sephora has 5 of the 6 Dior Backstage Palettes available.  

They don't have the LE Burgundy Palette in stock.

@tsavorite @Titian06 do you guys think it’s being reformulated without talc like the quints?

@Sunnysmom , That's something to look for!

@Titian06  Great favs! I need to check out the Acne treatment gel! Sounds great! 

Thanks, @ather !  I've been using the gel (it's more serum-like) for about a month.  I'm really happy with it.

Oh wow that Guerlain is so pretty, @Titian06 - I would not want to use it!

It is, @eshoe !  It's etched in there pretty good and I don't use very much so it will be a while before I make a dent in it! 😄

Those are winner products @Titian06!! 😍😍😍

Thanks, @Saradestin !  I think so too! 😁

Yay for our highlighter @Titian06 ! 🥰 It’s so easy I think! 💞

I'm in love with that highlighter, @Sunnysmom ! 🥰

There were Spring Sale loves, as well as a few others to round out May. Ready for summer☀️🌴🍉!

IMG_5038.jpeg

Spoiler

After going through a couple of the VOLUSPA Barbados Grapefruit Jar Candles, I spotted the Salted Grapefruit Shore at B&BW and thought I would give it a try. Not only is it nearly identical in scent, but it fills the room generously, love! Restocking this asap.

I thought I would give the SEPHORA COLLECTION LashCraft Eyelash Primer 0.3 oz/ 9 mL a try after running out of my Lancôme CILS Booster. It wears well, and while it is a it clumpier, it brushes out smoothly with the right mascara topper. Nice to have this as a backup, and a pleasant sale find.

Tatcha The Liquid Silk Canvas: Featherweight Protective Primer 1.0 oz / 30 mL  is so helpful for summer, not only smoothing out my skin, but also blurring shininess from my spf. Out of this and the solid Silk Canvas, I prefer the liquid as I do not experience any pilling, no matter what skincare I layer underneath.

The Victoria Beckham Beauty Gold Lamé Satin Kajal Liner was a GWP, and I am finding myself using it almost daily. Lining from the top inner corner of my eye to mid lid, and it gives off a light sparkle that brightens my eyes.  A very sunny, summery look, warm and bright.

Leahlani’s Honey Love Microdermabrasion is like a strawberry honey jam exfoliating mask. The scent is less sweet than its name would suggest; it is somewhere between berry goodness and a soft,  musky oil blend. I expected to find patchouli in the ingredients - it is along those lines, but not nearly as strong. I tend to leave this mask on around an hour when I wear it, the aroma is so soothing that I delay rinsing it off as long as possible. Oh, and it leaves my skin softened, too. Ingredients below👇

Spoiler
Ingredients: *HONEY (HAWAIIAN RAW), ALUMINA (CORUNDUM CRYSTALS), *GLYCERIN (VEGETABLE), *CHAMOMILLA RECUTITA (MATRICARIA) FLOWER POWDER, *LAVANDULA ANGUSTIFOLIA (LAVENDER) FLOWER POWDER, CLAY (ROSE), KAOLIN (CLAY), *HIBISCUS ROSA-SINENSIS FLOWER POWDER, **ARISTOTELIA CHILENSIS (MAQUI) FRUIT, **MORINDA CITRIFOLIA (NONI) FRUIT, CITRUS SINENSIS (SWEET ORANGE) PEEL OIL EXPRESSED, LEUCONOSTOC FERMENT FILTRATE, AQUA, *LAVANDULA ANGUSTIFOLIA (LAVENDER) OIL, HIBISCUS ROSA-SINENSIS FLOWER, HELIANTHUS ANNUUS SEED OIL, ANTHEMIS NOBILIS (CHAMOMILE) FLOWER OIL, **TANACETUM ANNUUM (TANSY) ESSENTIAL OIL
*ORGANIC **WILDCRAFTED

The Creme Shop Hello Kitty Strawberry Milk Toner not only smells just like strawberry milk, but it has madecassoside, ceramide-3 and cica. Another just fun-to-use skincare goodie!

The SEPHORA COLLECTION All Day Makeup Setting Spray 2.7 oz/ 80 mL  has turned out to be a another spring sale hit for me; I was not expecting much, but I have been very pleased with how it feels on my skin and keeps my makeup in place. The nozzle works well and sprays a fine mist, similar to MAC's. 

Finally, my absolute favorite this month is the La Bouche Rouge Satin Lipstick in Nude Brown and Rosewood. @Sunnysmom mentioned this brand a while ago, and I finally gave it a try. Oh.my.goodness. Petal-soft. Long-wearing - for a satin lip, I have never found another that even comes close. It feels like I am wearing nothing on my lips, yet they feel nourished. Refillable. Love, love, LOVE 💖
IMG_5043.jpeg
IMG_4924.jpeg
Swatches I did earlier in the month. As much as I wanted to include the rms beauty Eyelights Cream Eyeshadow Strobe, I am still working with it and trying to make the texture work. It is almost gel-like, but awkward to apply evenly. I also lost quite a bit of product the first time I opened it, it was not sealed and so it just erupted 😂.   

@eshoe Ooh I love a candle review! I’m going to have to give that a sniff next time I go in store. I am also now officially intrigued by this lipstick brand, I missed that post @Sunnysmom made so I’ll have to look it up. Y’all are converting me!

@Mcakes I think you might love LBR, but don’t take my word for it… @Sunnysmom deserves all the credit 😚

Gotta share what we love guys! 🥰@eshoe @Mcakes 

@eshoe ,

I agree with you on the Victoria Beckham Beauty Gold Lame' Satin Kajal Liner!

Such a delightful little surprise, isn't it, @tsavorite?!  

@eshoe  Omg you found a dupe to the Voluspa candle. I need to get it asap! I love the Voluspa Grapefruit candle it smells so good!!! This BBW is definitely on my list! 

Great favs! 

Seeing your review of the RMS eye gel is interesting. It was on my radar but it sounds like it might be a pass. Too bad. The swatches are gorgeous! 

Yes and the scent seems to carry more than the Voluspa, @ather 👍 

I just noticed the RMS is on sale (of course!) but passed on picking up another shade because I am just not in love with the texture for what I am trying to accomplish.

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
Photos25
  • GeorginaBT_0-1684943025623.png
  • 77927C0E-71D6-4C77-8FB7-77D43E88EB5A.jpeg
  • IMG_7114.jpeg
  • May 2023 Favorites
  • IMG_0593.jpeg
  • IMG_5038.jpeg
  • IMG_4924.jpeg
  • IMG_5043.jpeg
  • IMG_20230524_095351467.jpg