cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Monthly Favorites: May 2022 Edition!

GeorginaBT_0-1653320148439.png

Summer is right around the corner, BIC! 🌞🌴 I’m manifesting glowy skin and luscious locks this season, and you know I’m leaning on beauty goodies to help me get there. I feel like recently I’ve been trying out products that are completely new to me, and I’m happy to report that several of them have already become regulars in my various beauty routines.

Say “hello” to my newfound faves! These are the products I’ve been loving in May:

Now it’s your turn! Hit the “Reply” button and let us know what skincare, hair, makeup, fragrance, and/or wellness products you couldn’t get enough of this month (and don’t forget to use the “#” to tag your products). 😎

Re: Monthly Favorites: May 2022 Edition!

@eshoe 

Oh yay, I love it when a polish makes someone's favorites list, and what a pretty one to include! I'm so happy you love it!!!

I am so happy to have found this brand, @RGbrown. They are always so helpful, too!

C798E44C-C3B2-4129-A361-A65965BB5129.jpeg

 My May favorites all won hands down against everything else this month. 
I actually finished the Herbivore Nova and need to buy another.  I love the turmeric scent and how easily it absorbs.  It’s got that same pleasant texture that Sunday Riley CEO (which I will be using in the interim while I await another Nova) has but with what I feel is a better fragrant experience.  

I was feeling iffy about the Milk Sunshine Skin Tint in my first week using it but noticed it’s almost all I reach for.  I don’t enjoy the clicky roller dispensing contraption and find it more annoying than anything but the actual foundation is heavenly and so healthy-but-not-shiny and it’s skin-like!  I click about 20x onto the back of my hand use a cushion compact sponge to apply it and get the most flawless skin with it!  beautiful product that would be nicer in different packaging. 
The Gucci liquid matte lipsticks are fabulous!  They’re velvety looking lip stains that can be built up opaque or used with clear gloss for a natural popsicle stained lip that stays on about four to five hours and fades evenly.   I’ve ordered more. 
Juliette Has A Gun MMMM… smells like 80s grandmother lipsticks/hugs.  I truly believe the MMMM… represents the good feeling of a grandmotherly hug.  it’s a light easy to wear fragrance I can’t help but want to spritz at some point everyday no matter what I wear.  I had to buy the full size after going through the travel size so quickly. 
The Skin Aqua tone up UV essence is a pink toned sunscreen that (I like to think) makes me look more healthy.  It’s brightening and skin evening.  #Gucci Gucci Rouge à Lévres Liquid Matte Lipstick 521 Nellie Cherrie Juliette Has a Gun MMMM… Herbivore Nova 15% Vitamin C + Turmeric Brightening Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL MILK MAKEUP Sunshine Skin Tint Clean Foundation 

@heartsmyface 

I felt the same way about the MILK tint when I first used it - it was a workout trying to get product out. The product is a bit thick for me but I do like the healthy glow I get when I use it.

@elleb810   The texture is so different from most foundations as well- but it blends out well.  
When you don’t like how thick a foundation feels on, you can add a little moisturizer to it and mix on the back of your hand to sheer it out.  I do that a lot to get more natural makeup. 

@heartsmyface  I like the Mmmm scent too and love what you said about it representing the good feeling of a grandmotherly hug. Such a poetic way to describe it. 💞

@minathayes It was all I could think of! 😄 The scent definitely triggered a childhood memory there! 

Very helpful to know about the Gucci, @heartsmyface. Liquid mattes are generally soooooo drying, but this sounds much different (and better!). 

@eshoe  Okay he closest thing I can compte them to are the old YSL lip stains but they’re more velvety when they’re on at full ‘opacity’?  

Ok that is exactly what I needed to know, @heartsmyface. Thank you!

That FAB is good stuff, @faeriegirl

@faeriegirl Ouhhh that sol de Janeiro sunscreen spray looks appealing for post makeup touch ups! 

@heartsmyface  I wouldn’t use it on my face. It has a lot of fragrance and it is a heavy oil. It also has a lot of shimmer to it. 

@faeriegirl  Ohhhh!  It’s more like a body highlighter then? 

@heartsmyface  Here is a pic of how it looks before I massage it in. 

0CB0843A-DFE0-4043-A593-3440D75E8019.jpeg

I tried to get a picture of how it looks after but I couldn’t get it to show up very well.

@faeriegirl  Oh wow that is glittery!!!!  I kinda love it but I think I’d need silver or pale pink glitters.  Thanks for the ‘swatch’, it’s very helpful! 

I wanted to add my favorite lip balms hamburger of the month 💋🍔. Yes, I call it "hamburger" because I layer 3 products on my lips 😂 like in a sandwich or in a panino.

I like to start with this serum from Dior Dior Lip Maximizer Serum 0.17 oz/ 5mL . It melts down pretty fast, so then, I'm able too add other lip balms. Then I use the nuxe very rose lip balm. It's in a glass pot. Tbh, I bought it last week so I'm cheating with it, it will be in my June favorites for sure. And for last, I like to add a finishing touch with this one from too faced Too Faced Hangover Pillow Balm Ultra-Hydrating Lip Balm Original . It does have a cooling sensation, so I don't like to use it on my bare lips, but I like to use it on other lip products.

If you want to have the softest lips, try this trio 💕

The serum sounds wonderful, @Skunk12puzzola. I may have to add that to my wish list 🙂

@Skunk12puzzola  Oh you have me intrigued with the honey dream rose lip balm!  Does it smell like rose or honey or both? 
I love that I wasn’t misreading that, and that you call your lip treatment regimen hamburger of the month! 😂 very cute name for layering products! I actually want to try this hamburger recipe! 

@heartsmyface this nuxe lip balm is not from the reve de miel line, the line's name is very rose (I just noticed I wrote it incorrectly, and edited my post). The brand is nuxe. It's much more soft in consistency than the honey one (if you know what I mean by that, did you ever try the honey one? for me, it's too thick), and it melts down very easily. The color in the jar is pink, but on the lips is clear. It smells like rose and vanilla, if you go on the nuxe website, you will read that this lip balm has irresistible notes of vanilla.

205 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos31
  • GeorginaBT_0-1653320148439.png
  • May favorites - lip balms
  • 00166130-37EB-45F6-B560-B6C068ED9C9B.jpeg
  • 0E075FD4-2737-4FEE-A7C9-87B5F99BC07B.jpeg
  • IMG_20220525_084924274.jpg
  • IMG_20220525_085033596.jpg
  • IMG_20220525_085252981.jpg
  • 20220525_113720.jpg
  • A0383AD7-CDAE-4A74-9544-12AC677F4FFC.jpeg