cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Monthly Favorites: May 2021 Edition!

GeorginaBT May favorites 2021.jpg

End of May already, BIC – hope you are all getting as much sun as we have in the Bay Area. 😊 Now that the month is almost up, you know what that means: it’s time to share our monthly faves! Recently I have revisited and slowly revamped my personal self-care routines, and I feel that my current favorites reflect that. Now, the rest of the Beauty Insider Community and I would love to know: what beauty products have you been reaching for most this month? All skincare, hair, makeup, fragrance, and wellness recos welcome. 👀

Here are my May favorites:

Click the “Reply” button below and use the “#” symbol to tag beauty products you’ve been loving this month!

Re: Monthly Favorites: May 2021 Edition!

Thank you @Sunnysmom🤗 Ohhh, that Dr. Barbara Sturm Face Cream Rich 1.69 oz/ 50 mL is wonderful!😍 I have a DS as well as a mini of the Augustinus Bader Mini The Rich Cream with TFC8® Face Moisturizer 0.5 oz/ 15 mL. I had planned on saving the AB until fall, but I may need to pull it out, at least the DS, and compare it with the DBS cream to see how they perform in relation to one another. Either way, it's going to mean my wallet will be lighter come the next sale! 💸💸💸 lol.

Ha oh yes it will @itsfi !  I’ll be curious what you think of the Dr Sturm vs the AB which I dearly love! 

@Sunnysmom, I should probably do a comparison sooner rather than later, like before I forget. 😂 I'll let you know how it goes (that is, I'll let you know which one I'll be picking up at the next sale. lol)

Nice @itsfi thank you! No hurry of course!!🥰

AG Hair Curl Activator is my new holy grail for my curly hair.

Also aloe and tea tree + cucumber ultimate aloe cream from Honeyskin are life savers. 

Oh yes!! @amanda0000 the AG curl activator is excellent!!! It smells so good too

May was a good month!  Here are my faves:

• Dermalogica Melting Moisture Masque
  • Auda B Beauty Vegan Nail Polish in Skyline Views
  • Strivectin Wrinkle Recode
  • Strivectin Hyaluronic Omega Moisture Lip Mask
  • Jaclyn Hill Cosmetics Bronze & Blushing Duo
  • Colourpop Flower Palette
  • Kora Organics Turmeric Glow Moisturizer
  • Farmacy Sweet Apple Clean
  • Coach x Sephora Collection Brush Set
  • D P Hue  x Kristin Cavallari Gentle Brightening Shampoo
  • Fresh Rose Deep Hydration Moisturizer
  • Ole Henriksen  Wrinkle Blur Eye Cream
  • Sunday Riley  Light Hearted SPF30
  • Murad Vitamin C Triple Exfoliating Facial
  • Charlotte Tilbury Magic Eye Rescue Cream

D14B13E1-6679-490B-823C-099535C33BC1.jpeg

KORA Organics Turmeric Glow Brightening Refillable Moisturizer 1.69 oz/ 50 mL refill 

Farmacy Green Clean Makeup Removing Cleansing Balm 3.4 oz/ 100 mL Sweet Apple 

SEPHORA COLLECTION Coach x Sephora Collection Tea Rose Brush Set 

fresh Mini Rose & Hyaluronic Acid Deep Hydration Moisturizer 0.5 oz/ 15 mL 

OLEHENRIKSEN Wrinkle Blur™ Bakuchiol Eye Gel Crème 0.5 oz/ 15 mL 

Sunday Riley Light Hearted Broad Spectrum SPF 30 Daily Face Sunscreen 1.5 oz/ 45 mL 

Murad Vitamin C Triple Exfoliating Facial 2.7 oz/ 80 mL 

@Tamara76 Would love your thoughts on the ole eye cream. I have it too but had a bad reaction to it when I first used it. Since then I reduced to 3x a week at night and later it over banana bright but I don’t think I see much of an improvement.

@lnum I did not have any reactions either, I actually love this way better than the GR retinol eye mask I was using

Hi @lnum !  I haven't had any issues with the OH eye cream, but I don't use it on my entire undereye area, just mainly toward the outer corners and around my crow's feet.  I use a more nourishing eye cream, like CT Magic Eye Cream on the rest of my under eye area.  And this is just at night - I use different eye creams for day.  I also don't have bad reactions to retinol or bakuchiol in general, though.  Hope this helps!💗

@Tamara76 I do love the JC blush/bronze duo too!! I've been very curious about the Sunday Riley, does it have a strong scent?

Hi @lmaster !  Girl I really think Jaclyn redeemed herself with her new launches so far - Hope the blushes and new lipsticks are equally impressive💗.  So, I heard a lot of people say that the SR smells like mustard!!!!  I do not find that to be the case, in fact, I don't think it smells like anything.  However, I've only used it a few times so far and I wore it under makeup each time, so maybe I just didn't notice.  Either way, I like it a lot!

@lmaster Did you end up getting the SR sunscreen?  I've finished an entire tube and definitely plan to repurchase. 

One thing I forgot to mention is that it does leave a white cast initially, but it sinks into your skin on it's own, unlike some other sunscreens.  

Overall, I'm happy with the results!

@Tamara76 no I didn't, I grabbed the Sephora sunscreen kit and have not even used half the products yet 😆

@lmaster Saaaaame!  I love those sets and try to snag them every year!☀️

@Tamara76 thank you!! 

@GeorginaBT I'm loving the GR too!! My May favorites are:

IMG_20210601_125638737.jpg

 Farmacy Green Clean Makeup Removing Cleansing Balm 3.4 oz/ 100 mL Sweet Apple ohhhh this is amazing, smells so good and gets every bit of makeup off Caudalie Vinosculpt Lift & Firm Body Cream 8.4 oz/ 250 mL @SportyGirly125 loves this product and I definitely know why!! The scent is fabulous and its texture and the way it makes my skin feel is absolutely luxe!! SEPHORA COLLECTION Bubble Bath & Shower Gel Cherry Blossom is by far my favorite from the two I've tried! The scent is excellent and this one produced more bubbles in the bath for the kids! It's been OOS so I'm rationing it until it comes back! OLEHENRIKSEN Wrinkle Blur™ Bakuchiol Eye Gel Crème 0.5 oz/ 15 mL I know some have had issues with this eye cream,,, not me!! It's silky and hydrating, my under eyes have loved this!! Isle of Paradise Self-Tanning Body Butter 6.76 oz/ 200 mL was an instant love!! I used this by itself to build up my tan, then added drops into it to get it a bit darker Sol de Janeiro Rio Deo Aluminum-Free Deodorant 2 oz/ 57 g so far the scent is phenomenal imo, it's been holding up so far in the 65-70 degree days, so we shall see how it does in the summer heat! ** Not pictured favorite is Armani Beauty My Way Eau de Parfum I tried a sample of this and had to buy a travel size 

it sounds like I need to add the bubble bath to my list, @lmaster! My daughter loves the B&BW Black Cherry Merlot, so I am thinking this might be a hit, too.

@eshoe the minute it's back in stock,,, I'm grabbing a couple 😉.... Proof read and looks good 😂

The only times I don’t proof, @lmaster, it a disaster 😆

I am beyond embarrassed!!! @eshoe but still funny like no other 😂

Conversation Stats
Photos18
  • GeorginaBT May favorites 2021.jpg
  • 013CB388-212F-4C68-A684-2AB899542180.jpeg
  • B25E893C-4935-4678-AFCF-20968A1FEA18.jpeg
  • Screenshot_2021-05-24 Briogeo Be Gentle, Be Kind Avocado + Quinoa Co-Wash Ulta Beauty.png
  • 9727AA96-9019-4374-8448-237B416BE597.jpeg
  • EB6F5872-3A78-441C-B5AF-252D102A02D3.jpeg
  • May Yes.jpg
  • FE7A3225-CDAA-4499-9A16-54AEE9E0EC2E.jpeg
  • I did consider showing one of my pillowcases in this photo but opted for just a box instead.
  • 3793B74F-B304-44A9-A80C-E44E1C788473.jpeg
  • PXL_20210601_025640121.jpg
  • IMG_20210601_125638737.jpg
  • D14B13E1-6679-490B-823C-099535C33BC1.jpeg
  • May Favorites.jpg
  • 2E7AB3AD-BB3D-4B92-A039-69441D649C4E.jpeg
testing