cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Monthly Favorites: May 2021 Edition!

GeorginaBT May favorites 2021.jpg

End of May already, BIC – hope you are all getting as much sun as we have in the Bay Area. 😊 Now that the month is almost up, you know what that means: it’s time to share our monthly faves! Recently I have revisited and slowly revamped my personal self-care routines, and I feel that my current favorites reflect that. Now, the rest of the Beauty Insider Community and I would love to know: what beauty products have you been reaching for most this month? All skincare, hair, makeup, fragrance, and wellness recos welcome. 👀

Here are my May favorites:

Click the “Reply” button below and use the “#” symbol to tag beauty products you’ve been loving this month!

Re: Monthly Favorites: May 2021 Edition!

@GeorginaBT The Tower 28 Beauty BeachPlease Lip + Cheek Cream Blush Power Hour must look great on your skintone!  Those blushes (and their bronzers!) are amazing and some definite favs for me as well :).

Aw, I gotta snap a photo next time I throw it on @CookieGirl1 😊 Always love a terracotta shade when it comes to blush or lip product. 

Need to try out their bronzers next! 

@GeorginaBT  Great choices!!! I also always use my Sephora Collection rose quartz roller!!!

@ather YES, it's so good! I keep mine cool in the fridge (which I believe @WinglessOne suggested to me a while back? 😊) and it feels great on the skin. I've had it forever and would use it for periods at a time, but after buying a gua sha I'm more inclined to incorporate it into a regular facial massaging routine.

@GeorginaBT I'm really loving my T3 Lucea ID 1” Smart Straightening & Styling Flat Iron with Touch Screen .  It glides through my hair so easily, and leave is straight, sleek and shiny.  I just need to figure out how to use the touch interface component more easily!  Happy I found it!

Oooh, I'm always intrigued by good reviews on hair tools @greeneyedgirl107! Glad you're liking this one - I'm a regular flat-ironer so I'm taking note. 👀

I really wanted to try this but wasnt sure it was worth the hype.  Thanks!

@GeorginaBT   I have that Glow Recipe cream but haven't tried it yet; glad to hear it's a nice one.  It seems so thick and luxurious!

@Ispend2much6 Oh yeah, of all my faves this month I think this is my holy grail! I've been a fan of how Glow Recipe's watermelon skincare smells for a long while, and was so happy to find out they incorporated the watermelon goodness into a body lotion. It's a creamy consistency and absorbs quickly when I apply it after a shower. Love that it has hyaluronic acid built in 😊

@GeorginaBT that Tower cheek must be good stuff; it seems to be a huge hit here! May Favorites are all about sharing the (beauty) 💕 love!

9727AA96-9019-4374-8448-237B416BE597.jpeg

Spoiler

Skincare loves this month include the Tatcha The Dewy Skin Cream Plumping & Hydrating Moisturizer 2.5 oz / 75 ml (🥰 @sprocketta), Violette_Fr Boum-Boum Milk, and Leahlani Tropical Enzyme Cleansing Oil in Pamplemousse. The cleansing oil is extremely gentle and has a sweet grapefruit scent. The Boum-Boum has been solid in terms of fulfilling its 3-in-1 toner/serum/moisturizer claim. I am going to decant a small spray bottle for my purse, as it will make a great little travel companion!

The wand on the ILIA Mini Limitless Lash Lengthening Mascara After Midnight is like having all of my favorites blended into one; it’s so easy to use and lengthens & separates beautifully. Finally, the Violette_Fr Avec Amour Perfume Oil has the most unexpected scent. Initially I could only detect a bit of play-doh, but as I’ve worn it, rubbing my wrists together to warm it up, it takes on a soft, warm and subtle coziness. Maybe even a Commodity Velvet Extra-Light or hint of nag champa, without the musty-ness. It’s not the kind of perfume others might notice, unless very close to you. I appreciate that very much, since there are many who are sensitive to fragrance, even in my own family. 

Love these faves @eshoe! The Tatcha moisturizer really seems to work well for so many folks. The Ilia mascara is amaziiiing ❤️

And yes, the Tower 28 blush is a great formula, with really pretty shades to pick from! It wears for quite a while on me, mask and all. 

Well, it sounds like I need to choose a shade in those blushes ASAP, @GeorginaBT 👍🏼 Tower 28 Beauty BeachPlease Lip + Cheek Cream Blush Golden Hour looks like nothing I have so it might be a good bet!

@eshoe One of these days (when I run through some of my other moisturizers) I really want to try the Tatcha The Dewy Skin Cream Plumping & Hydrating Moisturizer because I feel like EVERYONE loves it and I'm definitely having FOMO.

@CookieGirl1, I can’t believe you haven’t tried it yet! It is definitely worth a sample, just to see how it looks and feels on your skin. But I know how it feels to be overrun with skincare😆 

@eshoe Yeah, I'm the last one on the planet to try it but I'm trying so hard to be good about finishing what I have first.  Sometime when Sephora offers it as a point perk I'd love to try it, though 🙂

I was thinking that, too @CookieGirl1 - or if there is a Tatcha set of minis with another product you liked. 

@eshoe  The ilia limitless mascara has been my yearly fav!! And the tatcha 😍 great choices!!

@ather YES!!! I remember talking about it with @quspork too! I just love how multidimensional it is.

@eshoe  Oh, that perfume sounds great!  I'll have to check and see if any of the perfume sample sites are offering it.  I wonder what makes the "play doh" scent; I've encountered it in many varied products.

Isn’t it bizarre, @Ispend2much6@Shosh85 just mentioned the Melt blush has a play-doh scent. I know that I have used sheet masks that remind me of it, too. I wonder if it is due to a type of preservative, as I can’t imagine it being an intentional scent🤷🏻‍♀️

@eshoe  This isn't the same thing, I'm sure, but I can always tell when my wheat kernels or rice has gone bad when it starts to smell like crayons.  It's a similar scent.

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
Photos18
  • GeorginaBT May favorites 2021.jpg
  • 013CB388-212F-4C68-A684-2AB899542180.jpeg
  • B25E893C-4935-4678-AFCF-20968A1FEA18.jpeg
  • Screenshot_2021-05-24 Briogeo Be Gentle, Be Kind Avocado + Quinoa Co-Wash Ulta Beauty.png
  • 9727AA96-9019-4374-8448-237B416BE597.jpeg
  • EB6F5872-3A78-441C-B5AF-252D102A02D3.jpeg
  • May Yes.jpg
  • FE7A3225-CDAA-4499-9A16-54AEE9E0EC2E.jpeg
  • I did consider showing one of my pillowcases in this photo but opted for just a box instead.
  • 3793B74F-B304-44A9-A80C-E44E1C788473.jpeg
  • PXL_20210601_025640121.jpg
  • IMG_20210601_125638737.jpg
  • D14B13E1-6679-490B-823C-099535C33BC1.jpeg
  • May Favorites.jpg
  • 2E7AB3AD-BB3D-4B92-A039-69441D649C4E.jpeg
testing