cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Monthly Favorites: May 2020 Edition!

GeorginaBT May Favorites.PNG

May has come and gone, BIC. Before the start of June, we want to know what beauty products you reached for the most this month! Now is the time to name your current favorite skin, hair, makeup, and fragrance goodies. As we continue to uplift each other and spread positivity in the Beauty Insider Community, be sure to share what products have been helping you stay on top of your self-care! Your recommendations are very helpful. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Here are my May faves:

What are your May favorites? Products you scored during the Spring Savings Event, perhaps? ๐Ÿ˜‰ Remember to show and tell!

RE: Monthly Favorites: May 2020 Edition!

Way too may faves but my skin has never looked so good! ๐Ÿคฉ๐Ÿง–๐Ÿผโ€โ™€๏ธ Glow Recipe Ultra Fine Mist Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow Sleeping Mask Sephora Grapefruit Peeling Mask Sephora Oat Muesli Mask Drunk Elephant Virgin Marula Facial Oil Glam glow Supermud Clearing Treatment Fab Pharma Arnica Relief & Rescue Mask Skinfix Barrier+ Foaming Oil Cleanser Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask

Re: RE: Monthly Favorites: May 2020 Edition!

Great list! I love SkinFix products. I'm currently using the SKINFIX - Barrier+ Triple Lipid-Peptide Cream

Re: RE: Monthly Favorites: May 2020 Edition!

@sophie58 I love your little beauty fridge! That Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow Ultra-Fine Mist 2.53 oz/ 75 mLis so enjoyable to use, too.

Re: Monthly Favorites: May 2020 Edition!

I skipped April favorites, but hereโ€™s May. Variations on a theme: 

A few new items and some old faves.A few new items and some old faves.May was all about reducing skin inflammation.May was all about reducing skin inflammation.

Details: 

Spoiler

So, I'll admit I haven't used any makeup since mid-March, unless you count DIOR - Dior Lip Glow. But, I've discovered that my sensitive skin loves CBD products, and I discovered some new favorites in that Sephora Favorites CBD set from a few months ago. I especially love FLORA + BAST - Age Adapting CBD Serum and Herbivore Emerald CBD + Adaptogens Deep Moisture Glow Oil 1 oz/ 30 mL and would definitely buy the full size versions. 

Also, Prima Unwind Bath Gem Relaxing Bath Soak with Epsom Salt + Moisturizing Oils 6.0 oz/ 170 g is such a lovely product, but a bit pricey for regular use. So, I tried out OUAI - Chill Pills during the Rouge sale, and I'm loving those, too.

What Iโ€™ve been reaching for this month - a combo of long-time loves and some new ones!

7A1FC4A3-11C7-4212-8A29-DC839F214537.jpeg

I wasnโ€™t so sure about the innisfree My Lip Balm Wild Hibiscus at first; I prefer a thick, goopy gloss/balm. This has a heavy enough weight to last, is somewhat matte and leaves a pretty, soft stain on my lips. The BIOSSANCE - Squalane + Zinc Sheer Mineral Sunscreen SPF 30 PA +++ is one of my Sephora Favorites favorite๐Ÿ˜„ it goes on smoothly, barely noticeable from the get-go, and absorbs immediately. Love!!!

The Josie Maran Argan Color Stick has been a summertime (and now spring) staple for awhile. Iโ€™ve been pretty lazy with makeup lately, some color on my cheeks and Glossierโ€™s Futuredew on the top of my cheekbones is about all the color Iโ€™ve added to my face this past month, besides my lips. The MARC JACOBS BEAUTY - Highliner Gel Eye Crayon Eyeliner - Ro(Cocoa) 48 is a longtime love as well, the shimmer is nice and it applies smoothly. 

The Slip Small Slipsilkโ„ข Scrunchies Black, Pink, Caramel are also just what lazy hair needs! Mine are getting a lot of use lately. Finally, Pixiโ€™s Milky Tonic is sooooo lovely. It is soothing and gives my just-exfoliated/dermaplaned/irritated skin relief. Like a glass of cold๐Ÿฅ›, which now makes me think I should refrigerate it for my next use.   

@eshoe I'm curious what your hair type is and if you prefer the small scrunchies to the large ones, I can't decide which to get~

My hair is fine, @scarletb, so this size works well for me. If you have thick hair, you might want the Slip Large Slipsilkโ„ข Scrunchies Black, Pink, Caramel. I had a silk blouse I didnโ€™t wear, and made a few larger scrunchies out of it for fun, and to compare. They work, but the smaller ones seem to be more scaled to my hair, if that helps:)

I fell in love with that balm @eshoe ! I didn't think much of it but it leaves my lips so plump and happy!

I didnโ€™t think much of it either, @michelleshops. It took a few uses and more than one undecided what-balm-should-I-use-oh-this-one! to realize I really do like it! Curious if you have the Hibiscus ๐ŸŒบ or another one.

This month, two of my favorites are new and one is a rediscovery. The two new ones are Charlotte Tilbury Hollywood Flawless Filter 4 - Medium and Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Cheeks Out Freestyle Cream Blush 08 Summertime Wine. I had been eying Flawless Filter for a long time and finally got it after redeeming a Rouge Reward, and wow the hype is so real! I like blending it with my foundation and applying both in a little mixture. It really does just sort of boost up the complexion. And the blush is really pretty haha. Very pigmented! I take a tiny pit and place it on my cheeks then blend out with a blush brush.

My rediscovery is JO MALONE LONDON - English Pear & Freesia Cologne. It's one of my favorites in my collection, but up until a few weeks ago everyone was still stuck at home and that's ish is expensive so I'm not just gunna wear it around the house! Now that things are opening up again, people are going out and about, and I've been courting a boy (ha!) I've been wearing it again. I heard you should wear the same scent every time you see someone new so they start to associate it with you hahahaha. Actually he's not new he's old it's a long story, but regardless this is what I've been doing. 

@alexasteph I finally got the flawless filter during the sephora sale. It's been in and out of my cart for months and I feel silly for sleeping on this baby. It's gorgeous!

Okay, when I sat down to list out my faves, I had none. But then I went to my monthly empties and what I'm currently using and I pulled out SO much. Maybe these are too many faves.20200527_133049~2.jpg

Hair

Spoiler

Makeup

Spoiler

Tools

Spoiler

Skincare

Spoiler

Masks

Spoiler

This months favs! Became obsessed with Paulas Choice again! Love the Vitamin C serum, AHA serum and eye cream. The REN cleansing balm is nice and hydrating with a rose scent. Love the ILIA  mascara and the Kosas lipstick in deluxe size! REN Clean Skincare Rosa Centifoliaโ„ข No.1 Purity Cleansing Balm 3.3 oz/ 100 mL   ILIA - Limitless Lash Mascara - After Midnight. KOSAS - Weightless Lip Color Lipstick Rosewater003D36FE-921B-419A-8EF4-175C5CA602B1.jpeg

Oooh, the Kosas lippies are nice!! Nice faves, @jen81!!

From the Spring Sales event,  I LOVE this Lawless palette because it is with NO TALC. I don't do eyeshadow everyday but I have been using CASUAL for brow highlight. Juuust the right amount of shimmer to highlight the brow bone and lift it up! LAWLESS The One Talc-Free Eyeshadow Palette 18 x 0.05 oz/ 1.4 g

From an early Gratis, I have been using this when I dont wear lipstick. It is very moisturizing and gives a nice pink hue to my lips. One of the few products I don't mind flavor/aroma cuz it's watermelon. Plus it is one of the last ingredients in the formula.

GLOW RECIPE - Watermelon Glow Lip Pop

20200503_171817.jpg

@Buootiful I too received the lip pop and really like it. It's been pushed to the side for the last week since a PMG tinted balm arrived. But it's a solid product.

So good you got it too! @sprocketta . There's nothing like finding more faves to use. I was trying to refrain so I could get LE Divine Rose II came out and I might get 1 or 2 pmg balms in the fall ๐Ÿ˜

@Buootiful I refuse to buy PMG eyeshadow. I never wear any. I'm totally fine putting my money into her lipsticks though.๐Ÿ˜

Oh I love the way Casual looks, @Buootiful!

Conversation Stats
Photos25
  • GeorginaBT May Favorites.PNG
  • D9B1C88A-65D7-4043-92B5-8F58557BFD19.jpeg
  • May Favorites.jpeg
  • 1ED4B78B-155C-4894-B57F-35A7018C9D20.jpeg
  • 5F83E268-871A-46A2-82CD-4172F966366C.jpeg
  • 523BFB1E-895D-40BC-A303-2155A6F381B0.jpeg
  • 87C03CA1-8973-47ED-B02F-D798EE52026B.jpeg
  • 6A8BB121-E3DF-44CA-91BE-62E136C1AE70.jpeg
  • 01571016-43D2-450D-8DAD-2B403C58C311.jpeg
  • B7CA70FD-2CCA-42CB-A1C3-E9ADE912334D.jpeg