cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Monthly Favorites: March 2021 Edition!

MarchFavorites.jpg

Spring has sprung, BIC! 🌻 As we approach the end of the month, we’re curious to know: what beauty products have you been reaching for the most in March? If you had any standout skincare, hair, makeup, fragrance, or wellness products this month, don’t be shy – share them with the rest of us! 😉 The Beauty Insider Community would love to get your recommendations, whether they are new releases or long-time holy grails.

Here are my March favorites:

Click the “Reply” button below and tag beauty products you’ve been loving this month by using the “#” symbol! *Hint hint* - you may want to take notes on other Community members’ favorites to help build out your shopping list for Sephora’s upcoming Spring Savings Event … 🤫

Re: Monthly Favorites: March 2021 Edition!

A couple of items I’ve enjoyed in March are Caudalie Vinoclean Makeup Removing Cleansing Oil 5.0 oz/ 150 mL and fresh Kombucha Antioxidant Facial Treatment Essence. When my old favorite cleanser was discontinued I went on the search for a replacement and tried a few things but wasn’t totally happy, and I thiiiiiink the Caudalie may be the closest thing. The Fresh has been an added step, hasn’t replaced anything, but I have found my skin is just ever so smoother and brighter since introducing it. I’ve been going make up free more often than I haven’t, so I want my skin to be top notch haha. 

@faeriegirl I love the Youth To The People Superfood Air-Whip Lightweight Face Moisturizer with Hyaluronic Acid 2 oz / 59 m... so much!  I re-fall in love with it every time I open a new jar :).

That setting spray is in my loves,, just have to get through a few others first lol @faeriegirl 

@faeriegirl I have been very curious about that setting spray! How would you compare it to others you’ve tried. Even as an oily skin girl I find the associated primer to be amazing at making my foundation stick. 

@lnum  I am pretty new to setting spray, I’ve only used the Milk one, UD all nighter, and Charlotte Tilbury. Performance wise they are all about the same, I do use the Milk one most, because it applies better and doesn’t feel as sticky/tacky as the other 2.

@faeriegirl Ohhhhh that’s an interesting observation! I use the UD Oil control one. This is going on my loves list for later. Thank you!

@GeorginaBT That Amika dry shampoo is my all time favourite too.  I love that I can use it with dark hair and that the scent is nice enough without being over powering. 

@missjeanie Same!! I always struggled with working dry shampoo into my black hair until I came across this one. 

Oooh, @GeorginaBT , I really like the Caudalie Vinoperfect Radiance Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL!! It is great for hydration and brightening!! 

My March faves are makeup and skincare: new favorite shades of 2 products I already loved; a brush set I've had for just 3 months; 2 new-to-me products; and a longtime favorite product. 

March 2021 FavoritesMarch 2021 Favorites

Saie Sunvisor Radiant Moisturizing Face Sunscreen SPF 35 1.35 oz/ 40 mL  - I’m still surprised this tinted mineral sunscreen works well on my skin tone. It even looks decent on my large hyperpigmented areas. It pills a bit on me, but not nearly as much as most other tinted sunscreens I’ve tried. It gives me a radiant finish, though not as dewy as the next item on this list. 

OMI Verdio UV Moisture Essence SPF 50 PA++++ - This Japanese chemical sunscreen contains octinoxate and octocrylene along with 2 better ingredients we can’t get in the US: uvinul A plus and tinosorb S. It also contains aloe, green tea, and other antioxidant sources. It applies white at first but, with minimal rubbing, becomes invisible and leaves a dewy almost-glass finish. 
Spoiler
OMI also makes a Gel (instead of Essence) version of Verdio that’s a hybrid/combo (chemical + physical) sunscreen. That one adds titanium dioxide and replaces octocrylene with uvinul T 150. Im still testing the Gel so I cant pass final verdict yet. But it has a thinner milkier consistency than the Essence, which is interesting. And itdewier than the Essence, much closer to a glass skin look. 
Pat McGrath MatteTrance, shade Elson 3 - Even though I can’t wear it away from home yet, this is my new favorite PMG red lipstick. It's my perfect ruby red. I don’t have the Supreme shade but, from comparisons I’ve seen, Elson 3 is nearly identical. Surpreme is just a hair darker. No need for anyone to buy a crazily overpriced tube of Supreme from bot-using resellers (unless you reeeeally want the red Surpreme-branded casing) when Elson 3 is readily available in PAT McGRATH LABS Crimson Couture Lip Kit Elson 3 / Blood Lust , and I'm very glad Pat did this. 

Sonia G. Keyaki Brush Set - I love short brush handles, taiko drums, and Sonia G.’s brushes in general. So buying this set was a no-brainer. Sonia mentions Japanese shrines when discussing the keyaki wood of these brush handles, but taiko drums are more frequently made of keyaki. The look and performance of these 5 brushes is beautiful. Using them is almost ritualistic for me, and I don’t say that about any of my other brushes (not even my beloved Chikuhodos). 

Jouer Cosmetics Essential High Coverage Concealer Pen Amber  - Listing this product 2 months in a row because I tried the shade Amber in March. I needed a replacement for my favorite color correcting concealer, Becca Ultimate Coverage Longwear Concealer, shade Cinnamon, because Becca’s closing shop this year. Jouer’s Amber shade perfectly corrects my undereye darkness. Hopefully Jouer won’t discontinue these concealers anytime soon! 

By Terry Hyaluronic Hydra-Powder (translucent loose version) - Still the best (for me) setting powder, even compared to the newer pressed version of this powder. The teeniest amount locks my concealer in place all day without making my skin look desert dry. I keep calling this powder a rockstar because it is. 

@WinglessOne  I always love your reviews. I'm in the process of researching a good sunscreen. Where did you happen to purchase the OMI sunscreen? 

Thank you @PrettyPaint ! I bought the Essence chemical sunscreen from YesStyle last year, before the shipping rates spiked. I just looked for it again and it's OOS there, but Stylevana still has it. YesStyle has the Gel hybrid sunscreen in stock right now. 🙂 

Thanks so much @WinglessOne 

Dangit...I've added Elson 3 to my ever-growing cart @WinglessOne , good to know it's soooo close to Supreme, thanks for the info.

Oooh, that By Terry powder sounds amazing, I definitely need to try, @WinglessOne. And thank you for the info about the Saie, I hope it comes to Canada. 

@WinglessOne  Oooo love hearing your into the saie spf! Hopefully it will be available in Canada!!

Good to know your thoughts on the two by Terry powders @WinglessOne 

@lmaster Shoot, I forgot to tag you in that post. I keep saying I'll wait til summer to put the pressed By Terry powder to the hot weather test. But now that I've used it a few times in our fun up-and-down spring weather (heh, now that's it's truly spring in IL instead of fake spring/surprise winter 🤣), I can confidently say the original loose powder is better. The pressed powder's not bad, though! I sometimes have a hard time judging how much of the pressed powder I really need, vs. the loose powder where I know I need just a teeny amount. I do think the pressed version performs better than, say, the Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush pressed powder (which I also like). 

And thank you, @danielledanielle @ather @eshoe @haleyvvvv ! Sounds like I'm not the only one who has some cart editing to do for the upcoming sale. And I do wonder when Saie will expand to Cananda. (They currently don't ship anywhere outside the US.) I know they're a relatively new brand but they've been around for, what, a couple years now? Hmm. 

@WinglessOne thank you!! Well,,, it's 25 degrees.... Is that spring?? 🤣🤣🤣

145 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos12
  • MarchFavorites.jpg
  • 83D72903-7BCE-4CF9-A62F-A152AEEE6FAA.jpeg
  • 50DB3165-7597-4505-AC2B-E172E23BFC12.jpeg
  • IMG_20210322_132556067.jpg
  • IMG_20210322_134341716.jpg
  • March 2021 Favorites.jpg
  • March 2021 Favorites Swatches.jpg
  • 1FE1A480-DFB8-4C06-AD08-21CB24B66999.jpeg