cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Monthly Favorites: June 2021 Edition!

MonthlyFavesJune2021.jpg

Hellooooo, June! 🌈 I hope the month has been treating you all well, and that you’ve been treating yourselves to some new beauty favorites – or re-discovering some tried-and-true holy grails. I’ve done a little bit of both this month, excited to safely welcome summer with glowy skin, fluffy hair, and glossy lips (after all, starting to have a reason to wear lip gloss again outside of the house is worthy of celebration). So, what products have been in your June rotation? Any new skincare stars you’ve added to your routine? Or haircare hits your locks have been loving? Some ol’ makeup mainstays you’re excited to take for a spin again? Tell us your June faves!

Here are the products that have been brightening my days this month. June gloom? Don’t know her.

Click the “Reply” button below and use the “#” sign to tag and share your own June Favorites. Makeup, Hair, Skincare, Fragrance, Wellness – it’s all fair game!

Re: Monthly Favorites: June 2021 Edition!

I usually have cute little categories, but it's been a bit of draining week.  I took a photo this time...I made an effort one way or another!

PXL_20210629_233704465~2.jpg

Really starting to dig Ms. Tracee's products.  My hairdresser stated my hair was in better shape than previously, and I'm crediting the change to her hydration shampoo.  The hair oil helps, but I am still iffy on it....the Jojoba Oil Hair Serum is way more of an oil than a serum, but it's been keeping my hair from frizzing and drying out after a workout.

Sonia G's Keyaki Cheek - I lost my Wayne Goss airbrush recently 😭, which was a perfect blush brush for me in terms of blending and placement.  I remembered I had this brush and it's been a great stand-in with PMG blushes.

TF Natural Nude - THIS. IS. UNDERRATED.  I said what I said!

Maison Margela's By the Fireplace.  I very rarely wear fragrances, but I need something to perk me up, so this scent, with it's smoky notes makes me feel kind of bold, sexy and dangerous, 🤣 (?) 

PAT McGRATH LABS Skin Fetish: Divine Powder Blush Desert Orchid  - I love love love this shade.  It's my favorite out of the ones I chose, which I am surprised (Electric Bloom is pretty great @WinglessOne ).  It's the perfect nude color on me, which was previously held by Fenty's Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Cheeks Out Freestyle Cream Blush 10 Rosé Latte , it's slightly less mauvy and all glowwy. It definitely can double as a highlight on some and as a bronzer on others.

PAT McGRATH LABS Venus in Fleurs Luxe Eyeshadow Palette: Voyeuristic Vixen - I actually love the matte shade the most, it's been a month of rose-y, mauve-y nudes for me, amongst the draining heat, but I still look pulled together in spite of me feeling like I'm gonna melt.

Anastasia Beverly Hills Mini Lash Brag® Jet-Black Volumizing Mascara 0.17 fl oz/ 5 ml I didn't think much of this at first, but it's actually a pretty nice mascara, on par with my other new fave, Uoma's Dramabomb.

@danielledanielle. Everything looks  so pretty together! I hope next week is better for you.

@Ispend2much6, thank you!  And yes, hoping a for a good month 🤞🏼🤞🏼

@danielledanielle  Oh no you lost your brush!!!! Glad you have an alternative!!

@ather , I know... It hurt because I lost it in a cab on my way to work.  That was an extra expensive cab ride!  I'm hoping it gets restocked at BL in the (near) future.

@danielledanielle Oooh definitely feeling these Pat blushes that both you and @WinglessOne are loving. I've been on more a cream blush kick lately, but Pat is luring me back to powder!

@AlexBT 

Powdered Blushes:

giphy

Hi everybody!

@EiMHan Hi there! What products did you love most in June?! 🙂

A very small batch of faves this month: 

Monthly favorites: June 2021Monthly favorites: June 2021

Byredo Room Spray, Tree House - Received as a gift from Byredo. When it comes to relaxing scents, cedar is my lavender. This room spray makes my bedroom smell like a cedar chest lightly sprinkled with peppery spice in the middle of a thick forest. Its the best (for me) scent to sleep to. 

Pat McGrath Labs Skin Fetish Divine Blush, shade Electric Bloom - My favorite of the PMG blushes I bought. It applies smoothly and evenly, plays nice with my skin texture, and lasts on my skin for hours. I can’t say (not yet, anyway) Pat’s blush unthrones NARS’s powder blushes in terms of performance, but I’m very happy with the shades I bought. I should also have put Desert Orchid in this faves photo: I bought that shade to use more as a central face brightener than a cheek blush (similar to how I use Hourglass Ambient Light Strobe Blush shade Brilliant Nude). 

Lisa Eldridge Enlivening Blush, shade Pink Poetry - Very pigmented but blends out beautifully, and lasts (on me) for 8-9 hours before starting to fade. It’s kinda hard to squeeze out of the tube, but I see that as a good thing because you only need a tiny dot at a time. 😄 This blush gives me a natural flush similar to Glossier Cloud Paint, but lasts longer on my skin. And I can more easily build up the color intensity of Lisa’s blush if I want. If she ever releases a purple or lavender shade, I’ll definitely buy it. 

@WinglessOne  Great picks!! I need to try that room spray sounds awesome 

@WinglessOne Wow that blush shade is stunning! 😵

Thanks @AlexBT ! I keep seeing people call this a summer shade but, you know, I don't believe in seasonal makeup color restrictions (I'm a "gimme all of the colors, all of the time" gal) so I'll happily wear this any time of year. It's got NARS Exhibit A potency, so it's easy to overdo if you're not careful. 😄 

88C8D64C-03B8-479E-A981-B4BF59D5C799.jpeg

 this month I’m all about the sweet warm scents, glowing skin & neutral eye shades :

Bath & body works - into the night body lotion 

colorpop - going coconuts eye palette

Biossance Squalane + Vitamin C Rose Firming Oil 1.01 oz / 30 mL 

Sol de Janeiro SOL Cheirosa ’62 Eau de Parfum 1.7 oz/ 50 mL Eau de Parfum Spray 

Sol de Janeiro Glow Oils 

aaand I just realized i'm photo bombing my own photo and I look like mike meyers from halloween to boot. or at least from meme photos. (ive never seen halloween) LOL.

@WhereYouStand  Love the photo bomb!!! Great favs!

@WhereYouStand LOL your photobomb description cracked me up. But much more glam than the meme! 🤣 You simply cannot be held responsible for the faces you make when you're trying to get that perfect product shot.

Speaking of product, I have a fresh bottle of the Biossance rose oil that I'm excited to try once I finish up my Sunday Riley C.E.O. Glow Vitamin C + Turmeric Face Oil !!

@WhereYouStand   It's easy to do.  I've come close to sharing photos that would have shared more than I intended...

The SDJ glow oils are so good @WhereYouStand!💗

@faeriegirl They are great. I’ve only ever used them on my arms legs But tomorrow I’m  planning on mixing some in with my foundation  to see if it works like an Illuminator and base  for a no makeup makeup look. 

I’ve never used it that way either @WhereYouStand, please let me know how it goes.

6 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos17
  • MonthlyFavesJune2021.jpg
  • 4743AA79-FE80-49EA-ACAB-38FFC3A4DB1C.jpeg
  • 366E7C86-E99E-4AE6-9ED3-96B42245432E.jpeg
  • 1813AF49-1A5B-4E9C-B17A-4D6C0CC642F7.jpeg
  • greeneyedgirl107_0-1624319473726.jpeg
  • A2DF2F80-8491-4186-AD28-B00A6F051A68.jpeg
  • 8D31193A-4AC3-438E-8891-F87DCA25380A.jpeg
  • 8974B96E-98BC-4E94-B1F7-7720FCEF3AF5.jpeg
  • IMG_20210627_224335.jpg