cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Monthly Favorites: June 2021 Edition!

MonthlyFavesJune2021.jpg

Hellooooo, June! 🌈 I hope the month has been treating you all well, and that you’ve been treating yourselves to some new beauty favorites – or re-discovering some tried-and-true holy grails. I’ve done a little bit of both this month, excited to safely welcome summer with glowy skin, fluffy hair, and glossy lips (after all, starting to have a reason to wear lip gloss again outside of the house is worthy of celebration). So, what products have been in your June rotation? Any new skincare stars you’ve added to your routine? Or haircare hits your locks have been loving? Some ol’ makeup mainstays you’re excited to take for a spin again? Tell us your June faves!

Here are the products that have been brightening my days this month. June gloom? Don’t know her.

Click the “Reply” button below and use the “#” sign to tag and share your own June Favorites. Makeup, Hair, Skincare, Fragrance, Wellness – it’s all fair game!

Re: Monthly Favorites: June 2021 Edition!

@lnum it has taken me some getting used to. The scent was overbearing at first, and even now (on my second bottle), it can lean so much lavender that it hints at…rubber? But I can go past it because it really gives my skin such a soft, fresh finish. And it never feels dry in the morning.

It shows up in Scentbird once in awhile, they have a small curated skincare selection that sometimes has some great finds!

How are you enjoying the Chantecaille blushes? 

@eshoe I have not used them yet actually! I have honestly not been wearing a lot of makeup at all during the daytime, and when I go out at night I’ve been using my powders simply because it seems easier to use products I know how to use and can rely on, vs. opening something new and testing it. I have been finding it hard to feel motivated to wear makeup to work at all even and it’s so strange considering I’ve worn a full face for so long, probably 10 years or more, and one year without makeup has completely changed my habits. 

Oh wow @lnum-I can’t believe you have waited this long to try them. I am just debating between the MERIT Flush Balm Cream Blush Terracotta and the Chantecaille Marigold. I like the shimmer in the Chantecaille but I don’t know how it will wear. I know the Merit lasts 🤷🏻‍♀️

@eshoe Ok, I am telling myself I need to try them soon, for the science, so I can report back! 

Ha ha @lnum, well if you happen to, please let me know what you think. My biggest concern is that the wear.

@eshoe Gave one of them a try this morning. At first, I tried to swipe it on my cheek and found that it was not creamy at all  like the merit which glides on, this was quite stiff. I pressed firmly and it was more of a stamp on my cheek than a swirl. I tried to blend it with a brush in the patting motion but the color seemed to disappear, somewhere, into the brush maybe? Ok, so I tried my fingers this time, grabbed some color, tried the patting motion, nothing seemed to transfer to my face from my finger. At this point I tried all of the techniques on the other cheek and had the same results, I couldn’t get any color on my face evenly! So I gave up, wiped both my cheeks, and used the Saie Liquid Blush in Rosy instead. I am the type of person that if a product makes me work that hard, it’s probably never going to get used. I don’t know if it’s because I used the milk hydrogrip underneath, but that works fine under all my other products, soooo I don’t know! I didn’t wear any foundation FYI, I like doing liquid/cream blushes as an easy option when I want minimal effort, aka everyday nowadays. 

Oh wow @lnum 😳 Not at all what I was expecting. I most definitely do not want to be fighting with my blush to make it work. It sounds like a huge disappointment; the Merit is soooo easy to use!

I just compared the ingredients and they do look completely different. I hope you are able to make it work for you, and I very much appreciate the feedback on it.

Merit

Spoiler
Octyldodecanol, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Hydrogenated Poly (C6-14 Olefin), Polyethylene, Silica, Diisostearyl Malate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Synthetic Wax, Sorbitan Isostearate, Cera Microcristallina (Microcrystalline Wax, Cire Microcristalline), Tocopherol, Ethylene/Propylene Copolymer, Methicone, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, BHT, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491/77492/77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 15850 (Red 7 Lake).

Chantecaille 

Spoiler
Water/aqua/eau, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Dipropylene Glycol, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Agar, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexa- Noate, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/sodium Acryloyl- Dimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Squalane, Peg-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Gellan Gum, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Xanthan Gum, Simethicone, Sodium Hyaluronate, Barium Sulfate, Aluminumhydroxide,tocopherol [+/-:titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Red 30 (CI 73360), Iron Oxides (CI 77492/CI 77491/CI 77499), Ultramarines (CI 77007)]

The Saie is so, so good, @eshoe!! 

It really is, @haleyvvvv - faultless!

@eshoe Nice Favs!  Enjoy your summer beauty gear.😀

Thank you, @tjffc 💖💖💖

@eshoe, Saie Starglow is a beauty. ♥️

One of the best gratis, @itsfi 💖

@eshoe  Like you I also struggled with the rms. I will try with a fan brush and a light touch and see how I make out!!

I hope it works for you, @ather! I use so little that I imagine this pot may last the next five years.

@eshoe  I actually find most rms products last soooo long. I should probably throw them out but I feel wasteful 

You know, @ather - you’re right. I have the rms beauty Signature Set Mod Collection snd can’t seem to make a dent in it. I need to get it out from my makeup drawer, there’s no reason it shouldn’t be on rotation right now!

@eshoe  Good point I should bring mine out too

How do you like to apply the Saie highlighter? I keep forgetting I have a mini of it I need to try out! @eshoe 

99% of the time, I blend it directly with my foundation, @jen81, then apply to my cheeks, nose and chin. The other 1% is just dabbing it on the tops of my cheek.I would not put off trying this one another day!

Wow, @eshoe I'm impressed that you've used so much of the Saie illuminator!  Impressive work.

Conversation Stats
Photos17
  • MonthlyFavesJune2021.jpg
  • 4743AA79-FE80-49EA-ACAB-38FFC3A4DB1C.jpeg
  • 366E7C86-E99E-4AE6-9ED3-96B42245432E.jpeg
  • 1813AF49-1A5B-4E9C-B17A-4D6C0CC642F7.jpeg
  • greeneyedgirl107_0-1624319473726.jpeg
  • A2DF2F80-8491-4186-AD28-B00A6F051A68.jpeg
  • 8D31193A-4AC3-438E-8891-F87DCA25380A.jpeg
  • 8974B96E-98BC-4E94-B1F7-7720FCEF3AF5.jpeg
  • IMG_20210627_224335.jpg
  • June 2021 Faves Swatch.jpg