cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Monthly Favorites: July 2021 Edition!

GeorginaBT's July 2021 Favorites.png

Hope you are having a lovely summer so far, BIC! ☀️ Does anyone else’s beauty routine change drastically according to the weather? During the warmer months, I gravitate towards skincare products that keep my oiliness at bay (oily donuts unite!), and makeup formulas that last all day while I’m out in the sun. Now, the Beauty Insider Community would love to know: what products have you been loving recently? All hair, fragrance, skincare, makeup, and wellness product recommendations are welcome! I’m sure I’m not the only one adding everyone’s favorites to my Loves list for future purchases. 😉

Here are my July favorites:

Hit the “Reply” button below to share what beauty products you’ve been reaching for the most lately and use the “#” symbol to tag your Sephora faves!

Re: Monthly Favorites: July 2021 Edition!

@curlychiquita  Thank you.  I’m doing better than I was.  Im trying to keep the mindset that my mom isn’t alone anymore.  Her birthday is tomorrow.  We’re going to go bike some trails as a family to keep everyone’s minds occupied and get some endorphines flowing.  

plus i have adopted her cat to cuddle if I need a buddy.  Miss Smudge.  

4D745528-2CF7-473F-A3F3-E6FF67228775.jpeg

Ms. Smudge is adorable. I hope today was ok, @heartsmyface.

@heartsmyface I'm sorry for the loss of your mom.  I know your father passed recently, too.  Thinking of you and yours.  ❤️ ❤️ ❤️

@greeneyedgirl107   Thank you.  She took my dads death badly so she was already inflamed from the grief.  The Covid shot was just too much on her heart.  I took care of her two days before she died.  She didn’t want to be alone so we broke Covid restrictions and went to her place.   She told me she was feeling better (I’m now convinced this was a lie I’m an idiot for believing) she went out for coffee the next day and had a heart attack a block from home. Pretty sure she was having mini attacks while I was there which explains her sense of dread being alone.  Dealing with that.  
It’s been an awful year for losing people.  

@heartsmyface I'm so very sorry.  That sounds truly awful.  I am thankful that you were able to spend time with her, though.  You'll be in my prayers.  Know you've got a lot of friends on here to lean on.   xoxoxo

@heartsmyface  Wishing you peace, someday.  I'm glad you broke the rules to see your mother.

@Ispend2much6  I’m glad I did as well though everything is hyper ingrained in my memory and I keep replaying everything we said.  I’d be more broken if I hadn’t gone.  

Sounds like a natural reaction towards someone you love. @heartsmyface 

I'm so sorry to hear bout your mom, @heartsmyface. Lots of love to you!

@quspork   Thank you.   💕❤️

@heartsmyface I'm so deeply sorry for your loss 😔 happy to hear you are making a come back 

@lmaster   Thank you.  I’m working on reengaging   some happiness.  Hopefully it’ll stick. 

How would you compare the selfless by Hyram niacinamide to Peter Thomas Roth PRO Strength Niacinamide Discoloration Treatment 1.7 oz/ 50 mL @heartsmyface ? 

@Loretta55  I don’t believe they compare at all except in that they both contain Niacinamide.  The SBH acts more as a hydrating skin protectant/primer with a side effect of brightening, whereas the PTR is a quadruple whammy brightener also containing  tranexemic acid, Konjic acid and arbutin to attack discolouration from multiple angles.  The PTR absorbs completely and generally needs another product over it to hold moisture in.  
honestly, after using a few other products with niacinamide I’m convinced that it’s the tranexemic acid in the PTR that faded my freckling and Niacinamide was just listed as the golden child.  

@heartsmyface my heart goes out to you. This must be an incredibly difficult year, including the last, too. Love that you are just choosing to go with your curl(s)/waves. I have some, but they refuse to be tamed so I amuse them. 💗💗💗 and hmmm, maybe the Kosas Mini Wet Lip Oil Plumping Treatment Gloss Set - Undressed Collection 3 x 0.06 oz/ 2 mL is for me, after all🤔

@eshoe worst year experienced hands down.  

ha, i posted a photo in the waywt thread. Mine are WILD right now.  They DO behave better than they are today but that requires a lot more effort than I was willing to give them so wild they get to be.  
ouh you gave me a link and everything.  ouhh i get THREE?  Done!  

@heartsmyface Not sure I could even wrap my head around it all. 

Side note, I was looking at that thinking it was a way back when thread but I think it’s more of a what are you wearing today thread , ha! Also, I had a purpose to this post and it slipped my mind half-way through, so I suppose I should just say yes to the Kosas and be on my way.

I just don’t have the effort for my hair. I take care of it, why does it refuse to behave? It’s like me as a middle-schooler.

@eshoe   It was a real shock to the system.  It still is a lot to process, but i feel I’m out of the worst of it.   Definitely in need of therapy after everything that’s happened.  

:). Hair and face often battle for my attention cause I can’t quite find it in me to do both. Behaving hair means it’s a no makeup day or it’s just about time to go to bed and no one will ever see it.  

I like it a lot @faeriegirl! I wanted something with a little more coverage than ILIA Super Serum Skin Tint SPF 40 Skincare Foundation Formosa ST4 and it fit the bill nicely 😊 Also changed my mind about natural finish foundations; I never feel too greasy or shiny after wearing this out for a day. 

Awesome favorites!! @GeorginaBT I want to try some of the new Hyram products

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos23
  • GeorginaBT's July 2021 Favorites.png
  • 3546B127-47F1-445A-9BD6-123BDBBFD8D1.jpeg
  • C7A6F829-F116-4777-ABCC-48480D7E36C0.jpeg
  • 12062835-EA73-43AD-BB6E-786F9630AFAF.jpeg
  • 1260B62D-47A6-4EF4-8DCF-B7CBD68707E6.jpeg
  • July 2021 Favorites
  • 2E3373B8-0166-45CD-85E9-25874B102DC9.jpeg
  • color wow root cover.jpg