Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Monthly Favorites: January 2023 Edition!

GeorginaBT_0-1674494070171.jpeg

Happy 2023, Beauty Insider Community! ๐Ÿคฉ๐ŸŽ‰ This year, I will personally be working on trying to channel all the positive energy and am sending all the good vibes to each of you through my computer screen. โœจ To kick off the new year, Iโ€™ve hit the ground running by trying to consistently use products that make me happy, and Iโ€™m sharing a few of them here in my January favorites.

Here are the beauty goodies Iโ€™ve been reaching for most this month:

Now itโ€™s your turn! What makeup, skincare, hair, fragrance, and/or wellness products have you been using the most in January? Hit the โ€œReplyโ€ button to share โ€“ and donโ€™t forget to tag your faves by using the โ€œ#โ€ symbol!

Re: Monthly Favorites: January 2023 Edition!

Awww, thank you @cianni! Thatโ€™s very kind of you to say and so nice to hear! ๐Ÿฅฐ 

Tatcha only recently launched its hinoki oil line. Thereโ€™s a lotion and an exfoliating cleanser, I think. I would loooove to see a body cream added to the collection!

Fabulous picks๐Ÿ‘Œ @itsfi 

I am so thrilled with JVN's blow out milk too, my hair lasts for days when I use it ๐Ÿคฉ I hope when summer comes it holds out to the humidity. I'm excited to find out

@CynthieLu, thank you. I've been impressed with the JVN styling milk! 

I'm very impressed too, like sooo impressed. @itsfi 

Get this, sorry bit of a story here ๐Ÿ™ƒ

I bought the JVN volumizing Foam ( very long straight hair here i was hoping for volume ๐Ÿ˜‹

So yesterday I wash my hair, put the foam in my crown, did the styling milk on the lengths of my hair (ears and below). Dried it with my Blow-Dryer and fished it with my Curling Iron.

My curls lasted all day. ๐Ÿ˜„

I lightly/gently brushed my hair that evening and was pleasantly surprised to see the curls held up. ( that never happens. If a brush sees my hair it goes straight) 

Woke up, still curls. I lightly brushed out my hair and put it up for work,. 8 hours in a kitchen and get home, lightly brush. I still have curls.๐Ÿ˜ฎ I'm shook these products are magic ๐ŸŽฉ โœจ๏ธ his styling milk has incredible style memory. I love it so much more now!

@CynthieLu, Iโ€™m so happy you mentioned the volumizing foam - itโ€™s been on my list since it launched. I think Iโ€™ll hold off until the spring sale but I loved reading about your results! ๐Ÿ˜

If you get it @itsfi a little goes a long way, too much gets a little dry โ€Œ๐Ÿ˜‹โ€Œ I am sadly already building a hope it goes on sale list for things I've been seeing around ..... eeep! ๐Ÿ™ƒ

@itsfi Great January picks. The Tatcha oil sounds like a real treat!

@Mellmars1185, thank you! The hinoki oil is fantastic. I wish the collection included a cream. The lotion is nice, but something thicker would be even better.

Benefit Clear Fluff Up Brow WaxBenefit Clear Fluff Up Brow Wax

That looks great @Roxanne4414!

@Roxanne4414 does it have a light hold or strong hold?

@Roxanne4414 Great to know this is a good one. I also got a GWP. Looking forward to trying .

Nice choice @Roxanne4414 ๐Ÿ˜„

@Roxanne4414, I debated over picking up this brow wax as itโ€™s available as a promo gwp. ๐Ÿค” The spoolie on it looks like the perfect size and shape - not too short but also not too long or wide. 

@GeorginaBT Your Supergoop tube looks a lot like my Supergoop tubesโ€ฆ the labeling always wears off and I know itโ€™s soon time to restock! I just cracked in to a new one this month as well. Definitely a staple. 

My January faves are a combo of items from the Ulta skincare sale earlier in the month, and products I received in this years Beautylish Lucky Bag, plus a rediscovered love or two. 

1. Wayne Goss The Luxury Cream Lipstick in Walnut: This quickly became a go-to daily shade for me. Itโ€™s the perfect medium nude, without being too dark or brown for my natural coloring. I also love the formula, really comfortable and has good staying power through my morning drinking multiple cups of coffee. Before it came in my Lucky Bag, I hadnโ€™t tried this product before so Iโ€™m happy itโ€™s worked out so well. 

2. Truly Glazed Donut Shave Oil: There are a handful of Truly products Iโ€™ve tried, and they are hit and miss, but this has been nice to use after shaving instead of a thicker lotion on some days. It smells really good, applies nicely, keeps my skin soft, and isnโ€™t sticky or oily, despite being an oil. 

3. Sonia G Lotus Base Brush: Another Lucky Bag item, Iโ€™ve never owned a Sonia G brush before but was aware of the hype. The hype is justified. My foundation applies so smoothly, and the fanned shape makes it easy to get the contours of my face around my nose, under my eyes, my chin, etc. 

4. Dior Addict Stellar Gloss in Ultra Dior: This gloss has been in my collection since last year, but Iโ€™ve recently been increasing its usage. If Iโ€™m not wearing a lip stick, Iโ€™m reaching for this about once a week. Itโ€™s a gloss that wears like a balm, with a nice pink color without looking too pre-teen, if you know what I mean hahaha. 

The Sonia G lotus brush is one of my favorites @alexasteph!

@alexasteph so nice when something lives up to the hype!!

@alexasteph Nice items. I have heard good things about the Dior gloss ๐Ÿ˜

Wow @alexasteph, you got a very Lucky bag! Love Wayne Goss & Sonia G! And oooohhh, Dior! ๐Ÿ˜

Excellent choices @alexasteph ,ooh that is so true, you can tell SG is well loved with the writing mostly gone off the tube ๐Ÿ˜‹

@alexasteph  Great favs list!

230 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos13
  • GeorginaBT_0-1674494070171.jpeg
  • 0FABABDC-FE0A-43D8-B346-ABEEACBDFB94.jpeg
  • 6CC7C5DF-D6D0-4070-8ABA-43AE6E9FBB8F.jpeg
  • 10AE8B5B-F094-48A2-A648-75E8E8B40878.jpeg
  • 3319977F-5D3A-4B84-B298-FB24F3AE4CEA.png
  • Benefit Clear Fluff Up Brow Wax
  • January 2023 Favorites
  • IMG_20230126_152750350.jpg