Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Monthly Favorites: January 2022 Edition!

GeorginaBT's January 2022 Favorites.png

You know what they say: new year, new skincare routine! 🤪 I celebrated the start of 2022 by cracking open a few products that have been sitting in my stash for a while, and I was happy to discover some that I could see quickly becoming holy grails. Whether they’re newfound finds or longtime faves, the Beauty Insider Community wants to know what beauty products you’ve been loving in January!

Here are my favorites for the month:

Hit the “Reply” button below and use the “#” symbol to let us know what skincare, makeup, hair care, or wellness products you’ve been reaching for most this month!

Re: Monthly Favorites: January 2022 Edition!

It's not your imagination, @GeorginaBT , it's an instant facial!

I love the Hydrogrip primer too; it holds my makeup so well!

*typing this after wearing my foundation for 9+ hours* I can vouch @kesh850😅 I love pairing it with ILIA True Skin Medium Coverage Serum Foundation with Niacinamide Texel SF3.

I can't believe we've hit the end of January! I found myself loving my new purchases from First Aid Beauty Skin Rescue Purifying Mask With Red Clay 3 oz/ 90 g 

First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Oil-Control Moisturizer 1.7 oz/ 50 mL 

First Aid Beauty Hydrating Toner with Squalane + Oats 6 oz/ 177 mL 

I love the new reformulated Dior Dior Forever Matte Foundation SPF 15 

Winter has not been kind to my skin but I'm so glad I picked these products up!

@DORKlol   First Aid Beauty is a great company!  Enjoy!

A couple of rediscoveries and several new loves this month.

january favorites.jpg

SEPHORA COLLECTION Golden Hour Luminizing Powder04 Twilight

SEPHORA COLLECTION Golden Hour Luminizing Powder01 Dusk

Bite Beauty Power Move Creamy Matte Lip Crayon Brandy 

Dolce Gabbana Miss SIcily Lip Balm in Agata

Koh Gen Do Aqua Foundation002

NARS Light Reflecting Advanced Skincare Foundation2.5 Yukon

Biossance Squalane + BHA Pore-Minimizing Toner 4.0 oz/ 120 mL 

The Sephora luminizing powders are so, so pretty!  A few are in stock here; I bought mine at Kohl's.  They are subtle, smooth, and pearly- no glitter pieces at all.

Bite lip products are always a safe bet for me. The shade Brandy actually goes really well with the Dolce Gabbana Agata balm listed here!

Koh Gen Do's Aqua foundation is really pretty.  If you like this, you will like the Nars Light Reflecting foundation, and vice versa.

I really didn't like the Biossance toner as a toner, but held onto it for some reason.  I'm really glad I did, because I really like it as a once or twice weekly skin treatment at bedtime, layered with a really intensely moisturizing face cream.

Sephora Collection luminizer in Dusk at top left of hand; it's hard to capture the sheen, but the shade is a light rose gold.Sephora Collection luminizer in Dusk at top left of hand; it's hard to capture the sheen, but the shade is a light rose gold.Sephora Luminizer in Twlight on the top knuckles; Bite Brand and Dolce Gabbana's AgataSephora Luminizer in Twlight on the top knuckles; Bite Brand and Dolce Gabbana's Agata

@Ispend2much6 I’ve read such good things about the KGD foundation. Would you consider it med-full coverage? I really don’t need another foundation, but, you know…I am still curious.

@eshoeI will try to remember to swatch it for you tomorrow.  I think that one coat is light coverage, and two is medium.  It's one of those foundations that you can easily apply and not overdo, at least for me.  It reminds me of a tinted moisturizer that way.

@Ispend2much6 you probably don’t need to swatch it, I am an olive-y tone and am probably much different in shade than you. I layer stick concealer (cdp) then my foundation mixed with a glowy tint. A third brush-over tends to get messy, but I haven’t used a BB in awhile so maybe that is on the horizon🤷🏻‍♀️ Thank you for the extra info, I think from the sounds of it, it might be too light of a coverage for special occasions but perfect for daily use.

@Ispend2much6  Great favs!!! I actually have been using the biossance toner lately too. I don’t mind it. I can’t really use toner all the time I need to be mindful with acids on my skin. 

@ather  Thanks!  That toner is potent! 

@Ispend2much6 I've been wanting to try the new Nars foundation as well!  I actually went into Sephora today to make sure that I could find a decent shade match so that may be on my "to buy" list this next month 😁

@CookieGirl1  Which shade is your match?

@Ispend2much6 I usually have a little bit of a difficult time with Nars foundations, honestly.  It looks like Deauville would be somewhat close, though not perfect.  I'm honestly a little lighter than that but the undertone is pretty spot-on and I'd rather choose a shade just *slightly* deeper than my actual skintone right now because I know that in the summer I'll naturally get a little more color and recently I've been using a tiny bit of facial self-tanner anyway so it matches me really well right now.

I hear you.  I need just enough pink in my foundations or they don't work.  @CookieGirl1 

@Ispend2much6 Yeah, Nars definitely runs a little yellow so that makes it harder with your undertone, I'm sure.

@Ispend2much6 Those seem like some great products! I also like the Sephora Collection Luminizing Powder. Enjoy!

@Mellmars1185 I've never tried that product, does it work on dry skin? 

@Lmswid I cant say for sure but I think a prepped and primed face is a good base for any makeup. After cleansing and before makeup I used a serum, moisturizer , spf and a primer. I find that these steps help makeup apply better and helps the skin underneath glow through.

@Mellmars1185 thank you so much for the advice! I will give it a try and stock up on those products to use before 🙂

@Mellmars1185  Thank you!  Glad you enjoy the luminizer also.

Conversation Stats
Photos26
  • GeorginaBT's January 2022 Favorites.png
  • 39B48903-2F4C-499C-9CD2-27C6CC5A0260.jpeg
  • 77CB1499-CE4A-4BEF-A0A6-00BFDBF9458C.jpeg
  • 83CA22D2-182E-4CE6-A225-85792C66CC5D.jpeg
  • By Nature, hair mask
  • Bath&BodyWorks, strawberry pound cake body scrub
  • Ceteaphil, daily facial cleanser
  • CALA, rose water deep cleansing foam
  • Bath&BodyWorks, stress relief foambath
  • Elf, Jelly Pop set