Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Monthly Favorites: January 2020 Edition!

GeorginaBT's January Faves.JPG

Whew – one month down, eleven more to go in 2020, BIC! 😄 Now that we’re near the end of January, it’s time for us to share our favorite beauty products of the month. I know many of us are following beauty-related new year’s resolutions like finally finishing up a stash of products or going on beauty low-buys, so I’m extremely curious what products made it out on top for you this month. Whether it’s skincare, hair care, makeup, or fragrance, the Beauty Insider Community would love to know your favorites.

Here are my January favorites:

What beauty products have you been loving so far this year? Be sure to leave your favorites in a response below, and make sure to show and tell! 🙂

Re: Monthly Favorites: January 2020 Edition!

I really like it @heartsmyface @

Small group of favorites for last month.

IMG_20200203_235416.jpg

The Shea Moisture has been really great for my partially bleached/partially natural hair and has made it so much easier to brush. Tom Ford is totally out of my comfort zone, but I'm obsessed with it. The CosRx I'm actually using on my armpits as I try to switch to natural deodorant. It's the only thing that is really making it manageable..... I picked up this candle on super sale at Walgreens after Halloween and I'm sad I can't get a backup.

Isn't it a kick when you find a love opposite of your tastes/preferences @snoflakefaerie? That CosRx is one of mine 😄

@snoflakefaerie I'm so happy you decided to step out of your comfort zone and try something new! Plus that Tom Ford bottle is so nice and luxe 😍😍😍😍

I feel decadent every time I spritz a little on me. @@

@snoflakefaerie, it’s so great when you go outside your comfort zone and end up discovering a product you love 💕 

BrendaBT January Favorites.jpg

One of my New Years resolutions was to use all my makeup/ beauty products I either haven't had a chance to use or forgot I had so this month my favorites were products I went back to and fell in-love all over again! 

ARMANI BEAUTY - Power Fabric Concealer: This has been part of my monthly favorites for quite some time now and it's because of how amazing it is! I love how full coverage, buildable, and light weight it is. I use it to conceal my under eyes, hyper-pigmentation and other imperfections that need a little extra coverage. 

CHARLOTTE TILBURY - Matte Revolution Lipstick- Pillow Talk Collection - Pillow Talk: They hype is real! I've been wanting to try Pillow Talk for quite some time now but I always forget to use it. But it is safe to say it is my new favorite! This color is absolutely stunning and it looks great no matter what look I am going for. 

KVD Beauty Tattoo Liner Vegan Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner Trooper: Recently re-discovered  this eyeliner and I fell in-love with it all over again. Now I can't put it down!

Verb Ghost Weightless Hair Oil 2 oz/ 60 mL: Life saver! This was also another product I forgot about for a while and I'm so happy I went back to it. It smells so good and I love how smooth and shiny it makes my hair.  

Great NY goals, @BrendaBT! Pretty picture, too 🙂 

Excellent choices @BrendaBT 

@BrendaBT   Yes, yes, yes to the Armani concealer and Pillow Talk.  I need to find my Ghost Oil sample (or buy a Play! box with it.)

@Ispend2much6 Yes! My mini was actually part of set I bought a long time ago but completely forgot about it for months until recently and I actually forgot how good it smells and that it's also a good heat protector! 

@BrendaBT, I agree, that Armani concealer is amazing! 💖 I don’t want to ever be without it! 

@itsfi Yes!!!! Same I wish I had multiple to keep in every purse, work, and at home haha but I pretty much always bring mine with me everywhere I go and honestly I love how a little goes a long way!

Exactly @BrendaBT!!! I’d love for them to make a mini version of it so I could keep one everywhere! 😆 

Hi @BrendaBT,

I love seeing your favorites!

Best,

Rebecca

Jan faves!

I've been really focused on using my products before trying something new (see Self Care Check In Thread: https://community.sephora.com/t5/Trending-Now/2020-Community-Self-Care-Check-in-Challenge/td-p/51435... ), and was so happy to finally run out of my night time serum so I could try Peter Thomas Roth Green Releaf Calming Face Oil 1 oz/ 30 mL for redness. I've been really trying to balance treating redness and antiaging, while also treating clogged pores and breakouts. My cheeks and my nose have completely different regimens haha

I've also been layering with my Kiehl's Since 1851 Midnight Recovery Concentrate Moisturizing Face Oil 1 oz/ 30 ml on my face and neck. It feels like a real luxury.

Still finishing up my tarte Maracuja C-Brighter™ Eye Treatment 0.35 oz/ 10 mL . I love how thick it is - I barely have to pat any on. Soon I will get to try a new eye cream.

Loving some of what I'm seeing in this thread!! Thanks for posting, G!

Ahhhh that Kiehl's is really a lovely oil, @LexBT. So soothing at night! 

@LexBT, I’m intrigued by that PTR face oil. Will add it to my list of things to look into. 😌

@itsfi some are turned off by the earthy smell-it kind of smells like grass! - but I love it. Much prefer it to any kind of fragrance. 

January Favs

• Drunk Elephant F-Balm™ Electrolyte Waterfacial Mask 1.69 oz/ 50 mL- I've been experiencing some serious abnormally dry skin lately due to the cold weather and this was recommended by some seriously knowledgable Sephora gals I met recently. Two pumps of this all over my face before bed is all it takes to bring my skin back from the Sahara desert lol I'll be giving this a glowing review for doing what it claims and exceeding my expectations as well.
  • HUM NUTRITION - Beauty zzZz Sleep Support Supplement- After a stressful month at work, I found myself having a harder time falling asleep at night and as someone who NEEDS at least 10 hours of sleep to function like a normal human being the next day, these pills have saved me from laying awake for hours waiting for the sandman to come. They do the trick within about 15 minutes and don't leave me feeling extra sleepy or groggy in the morning.
  • BEAUTYBIO - GloPRO® Microneedling Starter Set 8-Piece AM+PM Routine- a total staple in my nighttime routine now! I've been using this 3x a week at night before applying my toner and serums and have seen what a difference this little gadget makes in helping my skin absorb the products I slather on. On top of helping with the potency of my skincare, I have also seen a reduction in my forehead wrinkles since I started using the microroller a month ago.
  • BIOSSANCE - Squalane + Vitamin C Rose Oil- another dry skin savior to help give my skin some hydration and some extra glow during these cold, winter days. I'll alternate between this and the DE F-Balm every other night.
  • DERMAFLASH - LUXE Anti-Aging Dermaplaning Exfoliation Device- Such an easy to use dermaplaning tool that has helped eliminate my peach fuzz with no pain whatsoever. I now have baby smooth skin and am asking myself what took me so long to try this out.
  • GLO SCIENCE - GLO Lit™ Teeth Whitening Vials 7 Pack + Lip Care- Another user-friendly innovative gadget in my list *shocker*. I not only love this kit because of the results I have gotten from it, but I also love the fact that you can wear it like a necklace and still move around the house freely to do other things while you whiten. It truly is a multitasker's dream 😉 Before picking this up, I did whitening strips every few months to get rid of coffee stains on my teeth and hated the fact that they always slid off and caused sensitivity but this whitening device doesn't share those cons.
  • Ulta Collection Beauty Smarts Makeup Spatulas- *Please excuse the foundation-covered spatula that I forgot to clean* These very affordable spatulas have been helping scoop every last drop out of my Laura Mercier foundation. Normally once the pump stops pumping foundation, I toss the foundation and repurchase another one but with these spatulas, I have been getting more and more foundation out of the bottle even when it seems there's not much left.

IMG_8732.jpg

Oh wow those spatulas, @gonerogue! The BeautyBio - the results sound amazing. Guess I need to start investing in some beauty tools. Off to research this one more!

346 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos19
  • GeorginaBT's January Faves.JPG
  • 189758A0-02FA-4D03-853D-C1C661F4E023.jpeg
  • January 2020 favorites
  • Natasha Denona Blush Duo: Dark Berry on top, Toutou on bottom
  • 4C47CFA4-84D8-45DC-BEDF-490B6D630248.jpeg
  • AB0EB750-3431-41E3-837B-34A39F35D451.jpeg
  • 370CED36-5441-48C1-8668-6FD3DBA47B0F.jpeg
  • C0F1D114-8480-45A1-9427-E31BA2D91C16.jpeg
  • 383A7198-6BA0-495D-98A5-2B3B3A7258A3.jpeg