Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Monthly Favorites: February 2023 Edition!

Monthly Favorites - February 2023Monthly Favorites - February 2023

Where did you go, February? This short month has surely whizzed right by, but I still had plenty of time to rack up my share of beauty faves! This month was all about second chances – giving a new shot to products in my stash that I hadn’t taken the time to really figure out, style properly, or layer correctly when I first scooped them up. It’s not always love at first sight when it comes to my beauty purchases, so I’m sure glad I stuck with them!

Here are the products I’ve been reaching for during the month of February:

Which beauty favorites did you find “Loves List” worthy this month? Reply below and let us know – and don’t forget to tag those products with the “#” symbol (hair, makeup, fragrance, wellness, skincare, etc.)!

Re: Monthly Favorites: February 2023 Edition!

I really did not like the MILK MAKEUP RISE Lifting + Lengthening Mascara Elevate . I feel like a lot of their mascara formulas are very dry and don’t do anything to the lashes. My go-to now is either #Benefit Cosmetics Roller Lash Curling & Lifting Mascara Black or ILIA Fullest Volumizing Mascara Classic Black (which has a mini size if you want to test). 

@niki172 Great products to layer! I am still yet to try the GVXE oil. I am looking forward to it!

@Mellmars1185 if you have dry skin this is such a game changer! Hydrator and semi-decent primer in one. The only thing I would knock on it is if you need fill in primer for say pores on your nose you may need to supplement. I'm very blessed to not have a major issue with large pores but I can see some small ones poking thru on my chin after an hour or so. I mean you'd have to get right in my face to see it but if large pores are an issue you might want to layer. I hope you get a chance to try it out soon 😊

@niki172 Thank you for the tip! I do have large pores. I will try to see how it looks without layering and with! How long do you wait in between applying layers?

@Mellmars1185 they say (they being MUA's) say try to leave 10 minutes in between layers which I think is a bit much. I try for 3-5 minutes if I can and also depending on how many layers of products I'm putting on my face. I've done it in 2 minutes wait time for 4 layers of skincare/makeup (not including any powder products) and with 2 it looks okay it does seem a lot less likely to peel if you can wait that extra minute or so.I know it may seem excessive but I've had zero to little pilling/cakey look of products once I started doing this,

@niki172 Great faves! Yes, I know all about that unpredictable weather keeping us on our toes! I need to get my hands on one of those Gucci blushes -- they're so cute!

@AlexBT the Gucci blush is a double threat - gorgeous packing and it has a fantastic product inside 😉. I wish it was a bit larger as it would make a pretty little touch up mirror for a clutch.

Great favorite products @niki172

@AlexBT I LOVE the tarte Maracuja Juicy Lip Plump formula!  I've completely used up at least five or six of them at this point.  Curious about the COLOR WOW Raise the Root Thicken and Lift Spray 5 oz/ 150 mL; does it make your hair feel sticky or stiff?

@CookieGirl1 Yes I want to collect all the juicy lip plumps now! I also have tarte Maracuja Juicy Lip Plump Cherry Blossom which is a nice baby pink petal shade. 

The first few times I used Raise the Root, it got a little sticky/tacky on me, which is why it took a little longer for me to get the hang of it! I think if you spray it with enough distance and use a blow-dryer to fully re-dry and lift it, it gives you a really nice airy bounce that I can't always achieve just with dry shampoo!

@AlexBT I weirdly love trying new hair products!  I've had a few hits AND misses lately in the hair department but I love hearing recommendations from other people.

@AlexBT  Omg February did wiz by so fast! I love seeing one of my favs in your list! That SC vitamin c has been my all time fav! It is soooo good. 

@ather I love how lightweight it is - not sticky like some other vitamin Cs, and not greasy-feeling either despite the oil-like consistency. It just absorbs and feels so nice!

@AlexBT It is awesome that you gave products another chance and loved them! The Wow Root spray sounds like it is exactly what I need. My roots always fall on day two hair. All of the items look great! I have to get around to gathering my monthly favourites. There may be some repeats 😊

@Mellmars1185 Repeat faves are always welcome! Love seeing familiar products gradually become holy grail status 🙌🙌🙌

@AlexBT I keep meaning to list Morphe's Glitter Packer Silicone Brush as a monthly fave.  I had three silicone spatulas from LANEIGE Lip Sleeping Mask Intense Hydration with Vitamin C break on me, and I couldn't find anything that was similar -- until this one caught my eye.  Yes, the handle is much longer and the silicone is stiffer, but it's been doing an amazing job and is going strong.  I liked it so much I gifted one to my sister.  Since Laneige won't provide more than one spatula per jar and doesn't sell them individually, they should take note of the construction on the Morphe and make something similar.  

R00132596_M.jpe

A stiffer silicone sounds like a good thing for a product like this, @greeneyedgirl107. Glad you found something that works in place of the Laneige ones! 

@eshoe thanks!

Caught my eye! Going to need to add this to my collection! 

@greeneyedgirl107 Great find!!

Conversation Stats
Photos21
  • Monthly Favorites - February 2023
  • 05B35812-4A61-4BFF-A07F-2F04C9070CF0.jpeg
  • R00132596_M.jpe
  • 20230225_153143.jpg
  • 194CECD0-2968-4F88-B733-E25D38ABE614.jpeg
  • A590BC4B-E90A-4256-8BCE-2221632ABFC6.png
  • B953F702-0342-4465-BF0C-C788B7A6B864.png
  • 20230225_212736_HDR.jpg
  • 20230225_213006_HDR.jpg