Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Monthly Favorites: February 2021 Edition!

monthlyfavesFebruary.jpg

As we march toward the end of February (see what I did there?) it’s time to salute our favorite products of the month! You know the drill. 😉 This month, I set out to do a major purge of my beauty collection, given all the products I’ve accumulated while in quarantine, but instead ended up with a bunch of new goodies to add to my ever-growing stash. Does anyone else’s beauty shelves “magically” replenish themselves after a big clean-out sesh? I know it’s not just me… I’m always in good company here on the BIC!

Here are my February Favorites, including some newbies, some new-to-me BIC favorites, and some trusty shelter-in-place standbys:

Click the “Reply” button below and use the “#” sign to tag and share your own February Favorites. Makeup, Hair, Skincare, Fragrance, Wellness – anything goes!

Re: Monthly Favorites: February 2021 Edition!

@CarolBT Looking forward to trying this brand soon, 

@CarolBT  Ooooo I have a sample of the DE can’t wait to try!

I totally feel this @AlexBT ! Every time I go through my stash and do a purge or give away some unloved samples/products or just extras, it never seems to be long before that drawer is filled again with new products!

This month, I've been really loving these products: 

First Aid Beauty Facial Radiance Niacinamide Dark Spot Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL

Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare Alpha Beta® Exfoliating Body Treatment Peel 8 Textured Towels

Skinfix Barrier+ Triple Lipid-Peptide Face Cream 

Charlotte Tilbury Magic Vanish Color Corrector Fair 

It's in the dead of winter and super dry where I live, so it's been a lot about keeping moisturized and glowy skin around here! ❤️

@myxducky   The DDG isn’t drying your skin out with your winter weather?

@Anonymous Because my skin is pretty dry to begin with, I totally moisturize multiple times a day, so I can't really that I've noticed my skin being any more dry than usual

@myxducky Great glowy skin faves! I've heard positive things about the DDG body towels - I use the face treatment ones on my body sometimes but of course they don't cover quite as much surface area, lol.

@AlexBT I won't lie, I have totally used them on my arms and thighs as well, and like you mentioned by the end of it, the towelettes are dry! 😄

Most of my February purchases ended up being winners, plus a few extras.

Natasha Denona Mini Love Eyeshadow Palette 5 x 0.028 oz/ 0.8g and Natasha Denona Mini Retro Eyeshadow Palette are the quality I've come to expect from her. The mattes are perfection!

Bobbi Brown Crushed Shine Jelly Stick is exactly the consistency and coverage that I'm looking for right now, as I'm still not wearing lipstick.

Maison Margiela 'REPLICA' By the Fireplace continues to be my winter fragrance

I love what the Living Proof Born to Be Wavy Transformation Kit is doing for my hair. It's a new line for them, and the set (available at Ulta or LP) contains a shampoo, conditioner, and curl enhancing cream. 

Tubing mascaras are my go-to anymore, but in the bitter and tear-inducing cold of a Chicago winter they've been running horribly above and below my eyes. I've temporarily gone back to an old drugstore favorite, CoverGirl Lash Blast Volume Waterproof, and I'm remembering why I like it so much. 

@tastelikewater Love those mini ND palettes

@tastelikewater  Great loves! The love palette looked so pretty on you!

@tastelikewater I’ve been eyeing that Natasha Denona Mini Retro Eyeshadow Palette too, those olive greens 🤩 

@tastelikewater Ooh I've had the Mini Retro palette on my Loves List for awhile but I just have so many palettes that I feel guilty buying more... 🙈

Me too, @AlexBT !  😏

Can't believe it's practically March AGAIN!  CRAZY! Time flies (or becomes completely lost in my case!) when you're sitting at home! 

My main February Fave was JLo Beauty That Big Screen Hydrating Cream! 

Love how it feels like it is really absorbing into and moisturizing your skin! Might be my new go-to moisturizer morning & night! 

@BaseballJen  Oooo nice to hear!

@BaseballJen Wow rave review for that JLo moisturizer! Sounds so luxe 🤩

Dug out a few products that I've been meaning to try forever, and so glad I did! 

Gisou Propolis Infused Heat Protecting Spray 6.7 oz/ 200 mL -- I'll admit that I'm not the most disciplined when it comes to using a heat protectant before styling (awful, I know), but the scent of this spray encourages me to use it! I also appreciate that it's a spray - super easy to apply.

ILIA Limitless Lash Lengthening Clean Mascara After Midnight -- I'm super late to the party on this one, but I was so impressed with how this lengthened my lashes without getting clumpy. I love the clean, separate lash look~ 

belif Aqua Bomb Hydrating Jelly Cleanser 5.41 oz/ 160 mL -- Have been keeping this one in the shower! I really like that my face feels clean after use, without feeling stripped away of my skin's natural oils. A little goes a long way!

@GeorginaBT  That’s awesome you finally got around to trying new things! Awesome it worked out!

@GeorginaBT I recently dug the Gisou heat protectant out of my stash as well! But it's been awhile since I bothered styling my hair with hot tools... 😆 I'm sure it will come in handy when I'm ready to bust out the flat iron again some day.

Can’t believe that we’re approaching March already!! I hope everyone has been well the last two months of 2021! 

So happy I got to try out new items with all the great sales over the New Year. 

My February favorites are:

@Laneigeskin 

Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask: Apple Lime

LANEIGE Limited Edition Lip Sleeping Mask  

Laneige Lip Glowy Balm: Peach 

LANEIGE Lip Glowy Balm 

@bareminerals 

Gen Nude blush in shade Pink Me Up bareMinerals Gen Nude Powder Blush 

@bareminerals 

Complexion Rescue Hydrating Foundation Stick in Birch 1.5

bareMinerals COMPLEXION RESCUE Hydrating Foundation Stick Broad Spectrum SPF 25 

Dr.Jart+ Ceramidin Cream 

Dr. Jart+ Ceramidin™ Cream 1.69 oz/ 50 mL 

Dr.Jart+ Cicapair Color Correction Cream 

Dr. Jart+ Cicapair™ Tiger Grass Color Correcting Treatment SPF 30 

Milk Highlighter in shade Turnt 

MILK MAKEUP Highlighter Mini Turnt 

Hourglass Caution Ultra Black Mascara 

Hourglass Caution™ Extreme Lash Mascara Mini Size Black - 0.19 oz 

@XkristyX Nice products.

5 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos21
  • monthlyfavesFebruary.jpg
  • AF15D52E-7865-4C7B-B3C8-2502512F7105.jpeg
  • C9A68B6A-3AEE-4FD1-A987-B65186AA423C.jpeg
  • A2B0C0DF-70AF-4386-ACC5-F34F779C596A.jpeg
  • February 2021 Favorites
  • February 2021 Favorites Swatches.jpeg
  • DEBFC1B4-71D8-4B51-801D-A722BB4DA9A9.jpeg
  • Feb Favorites.jpg
  • sugarfina.jpg
  • That COSRX bottle is empty: I just ran out, so I need to go open a new bottle now.
  • Why yes, I did rotate through all of these in February.
  • 20210227_162211~2.jpg
  • 20210227_162454~2.jpg
  • 20210227_162135~3.jpg
  • PXL_20210301_031012332~2.jpg
testing