Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Monthly Favorites: February 2021 Edition!

monthlyfavesFebruary.jpg

As we march toward the end of February (see what I did there?) it’s time to salute our favorite products of the month! You know the drill. 😉 This month, I set out to do a major purge of my beauty collection, given all the products I’ve accumulated while in quarantine, but instead ended up with a bunch of new goodies to add to my ever-growing stash. Does anyone else’s beauty shelves “magically” replenish themselves after a big clean-out sesh? I know it’s not just me… I’m always in good company here on the BIC!

Here are my February Favorites, including some newbies, some new-to-me BIC favorites, and some trusty shelter-in-place standbys:

Click the “Reply” button below and use the “#” sign to tag and share your own February Favorites. Makeup, Hair, Skincare, Fragrance, Wellness – anything goes!

Re: Monthly Favorites: February 2021 Edition!

@ather Yes- I tend to use that or OUAI Texturizing Hair Spray 4.5 oz to freshen up my hair.  

@adrianamancini @ather I like the OUAI Texturizing Hair Spray 4.5 oz to give my hair beachy waves. Do you find it does that for your hair as well? 

@haleyvvvv I find that OUAI Texturizing Hair Spray 4.5 oz gives my hair more volume and grit. 

@adrianamancini What is your hair type?? You mentioned the Ouai Wave Spray (sorry can't get the name right atm!). Looove the smell too but it did nothing but make my hair look greasy & didn't produce waves. I'm wondering if I misused it or something. Im 2a/2b wavy and usually don't have trouble getting curls/waves! (Except now bc of quarantine my hair is so long its losing it a bit but that's an easy fix ... in the future! LOL!) I wanted to love that spray but just didn't. 😭

@BaseballJen I had the same result when using the OUAI Wave Spray 4.9 fl oz/ 145 mL. My hair follicle is wavy, but when I style it, it is pin straight. I sprayed it in my hair, scrunched it, and tried to let my hair produce waves. I also tried using a diffuser (folding my hair into the diffuser like an accordion) after spraying it on my hair. I usually don't air dry my hair, so I used it on dry hair (I read it can be used on wet or dry hair). I think that's why I had issues using it on my hair. I was bummed because I love the smell 😭 But, with summer in a few months, I will try it again to create beachy waves.

@adrianamancini The wave spray has become my new air-dry holy grail this past year! Working from home has really elevated my no-heat styling game. 🙂

I've been eyeing the Dew Drops! Might have to take the plunge soon...

@AlexBT You will love the dew drops! My favorite way to use them is as the last step of my am skincare routine to create a “no-makeup” look 🙂

I am also super excited to try out the wave spray again! Do you usually apply it on wet or dry hair?

@adrianamancini Yes! My current "recipe" is Christophe Robin Luscious Curl Cream with Flaxseed Oil 5 oz/ 150 mL + a LOT of wave spray, scrunched into my hair while my head is upside down, fresh out of the shower wet. Usually I'll squeeze some excess water out first with my Aquis Waffle Luxe Long Hair Towel, but for the most part, still wet! And then I just let it do its thang... results definitely vary (ha!), but it works for me in quarantine!

@AlexBT Loved reading your "recipe!" I heard great things about Christophe Robin products, so I will have to check out their curl cream! 

@adrianamancini @AlexBT the smell of the OUAI Wave Spray 4.9 fl oz/ 145 mL is what made me splurge on ultimately purchasing the OUAI North Bondi Eau De Parfum 1.7 oz/ 50 mL when it first came out :).

@CookieGirl1 Same here! I love their North Bondi fragrance!

@adrianamancini What do you like about the Gucci L'Obscur Lengthening Mascara 1 Eve Black? I have a mini and I am excited to try it!

@eshoe Gucci L'Obscur Lengthening Mascara 1 Eve Black volumizes and lengthens lashes, so it is like using two mascaras in one. I find that it makes my lashes look fanned out, and I instantly look awake after applying one coat. This mascara is also buildable- you can create natural or dramatic looks by adding more coats. I also have sensitive lower lashes, and this is the only mascara I can use that doesn't irritate them. 

Long story short- you will LOVE IT!

Ooooh love that it is gentle on the eyes, @adrianamancini! That is a plus. And fanning the lashes, yes please🤩

@Titian06 Love seeing all the Tatcha love this month! I've only used mini versions/samples of the rice wash but I really like how truly clean and soft my face feels after - no residue.

@Titian06 this wash is soooo good. Reminds me of the Tatcha The Rice Polish Foaming Enzyme Powder but blended into a soft gel-cream, with that pleasant Tatcha scent🥰

@AlexBT I started using The INKEY List Hyaluronic Acid Hydrating Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL now that it's been so cold, and this time around I'm really seeing results with it.  I love waking up to supple skin!  And I love the price, too.

@greeneyedgirl107 , I love The Inkey List's Hyaluronic Acid!  I was fortunate to have received one as gratis via this community, but have repurchased it many times since.  I apply it when my face is still wet from morning/evening washing and it makes my skin look so plump and hydrated.  Talk about major results for a really accessible price! 

@MlleCC You're quite right!

This is such a great HA serum, @greeneyedgirl107! You reminded me that I have an unopened bottle, time to open it:)

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos21
  • monthlyfavesFebruary.jpg
  • AF15D52E-7865-4C7B-B3C8-2502512F7105.jpeg
  • C9A68B6A-3AEE-4FD1-A987-B65186AA423C.jpeg
  • A2B0C0DF-70AF-4386-ACC5-F34F779C596A.jpeg
  • February 2021 Favorites
  • February 2021 Favorites Swatches.jpeg
  • DEBFC1B4-71D8-4B51-801D-A722BB4DA9A9.jpeg
  • Feb Favorites.jpg
  • sugarfina.jpg
  • That COSRX bottle is empty: I just ran out, so I need to go open a new bottle now.
  • Why yes, I did rotate through all of these in February.
  • 20210227_162211~2.jpg
  • 20210227_162454~2.jpg
  • 20210227_162135~3.jpg
  • PXL_20210301_031012332~2.jpg
testing