Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Monthly Favorites: February 2020 Edition!

Feb. Favorites.JPG

February has come to an end, which means it’s time to share our monthly favorites! Yay! Every month we like to hear what hair, skincare, fragrance, and/or makeup products Community members have been loving most. As always, whether the products are new, a faithful holy-grail, or maybe just a favorite you rediscovered, we are here for it and want to know about it!

Here are my February favorites:

What products were your February faves? Click the reply button below, show & PLEASE tell! 🙂 

Anonymous Insider

Re: Monthly Favorites: February 2020 Edition!

I'm late but these were my loves for last month; the skincare and perfume were favorites all winter.

The INKEY List Bakuchiol Retinol Alternative Moisturizer 1 oz/ 30 mL

Herbivore Emerald CBD + Adaptogens Deep Moisture Glow Oil 1 oz/ 30 mL

Natasha Denona Love Eyeshadow Palette 0.65 oz/ 19.25 g

WANDER BEAUTY - Mile High Club Mascara

ATELIER COLOGNE - Vanille Insensée Cologne Absolue Pure Perfume

Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Gloss Bomb Universal Lip Luminizer FU$$Y

RE: Re: Monthly Favorites: February 2020 Edition!

I’m loving that lipstick

You have some amazing favorites for February! @Anonymous 

My monthly favesMy monthly faves

Loving the little seed farm deodorant. I previously ordered the samples to try but wanted to try some others before ordering this. Tried lots of natural brands and none work as well as this one of me. I still sweat but I don’t stink! Some of the other natural ones works for a few hours and then your just smell BO. I had the ultimate test earlier last week when my dog got very Sick. I was getting ready for work and came downstairs to a horrible

mess in multiple locations. I was panicked and still getting ready for work,  was disinfecting, scrubbing. Needless to say I was sweating. But I didn’t stink! My dog is ok now! But showed me how great this deodorant is. Sunday Riley A+ High-Dose Retinol Serum 1 oz/ 30 mLSunday Riley C.E.O. 15% Vitamin C Brightening Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL SUNDAY RILEY - Tidal Brightening Enzyme Water Cream are some of my favorite products right now!  Makeup wise my HG powder bareMinerals Mineral Veil Talc Free Setting Powder Mineral Veil Always sets my makeup great . Charlotte Tilbury Hot lips is glowing Jen Charlotte Tilbury Hot Lips Lipstick 2 Glowing Jen

@jen81 I see Charlotte Tilbury 💕

Those are some great products!!!! I’ll have to go try find that deodorant! Now I’m intrigued @jen81

The Sunday Riley C.E.O. 15% Vitamin C Brightening Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL is one of my favorite Vitamin C serums. It's lightweight and you can easily layer it with other serums/moisturizers. <333

Hi @jen81,

Awesome products. I am so happy to hear that your dog is ok!

Best,
Rebecca

RE: Monthly Favorites: February 2020 Edition!

Here are my February Favorites! 💘 My go-to palette this month was Karrueche x Colourpop Fem Rosa collaboration. The packaging is so feminine and beautiful, the shades are my everyday go-to shades. I love everything about this palette. My go-to lippies for the month were Colourpop’s Liquid Lipstick in the shade Midi, and Wet N Wild’s liquid lipstick in the shade Pink Really Hard. They just went so nicely with the palette, and are easy everyday shades. My favorite highlight of the month was MAC Soft & Gentle Mineralized highlighter. I also was a big fan of the Huda Beauty Gemstones Obsessions palettes, both the Amethyst and Gemstones palettes were so much fun to play with on the days where I wanted a little bit more playfulness. This month I discovered a new favorite brow product, which is the Eyeko Brow Liner. It is so soft! The felt tip makes for precise lines and the fact that it doesn’t go on too heavy is a big plus. I have two favorite eyeliners of the month. One of them is tréStique’s and it was a very easy liner to work with and smudge out on my lower lash line. I have never been a brown eyeliner kind of girl, so the fact this became a favorite says a lot. It’s such a rich chocolate color. My other favorite liner is the Pixi by Petra gel pencil liner. I use this one both by itself and also on the top of an eyeliner brush to get precise wings. So that’s it for my monthly favorites! Looks like Colourpop kind of stole the show this month. 💄💋

Those are some great products!!! I’ve always found myself looking at that little colourpop palette it’s so stunning! @cindyvonlovely

Re: RE: Monthly Favorites: February 2020 Edition!

@cindyvonlovely, Soft and Gentle is such a pretty peachy bronze highlight. 💖

I have heard so many good things about the Femrosa palette. It’s so pretty and looks so versatile and in style no matter the season. The tones remind me so much of the ND Love Palette- and start such a more comfortable price point. How do you like using it most?

Honestly I love the shimmer shades more than anything, they are super easy to work and not that much fallout from them.

Beautiful palette @cindyvonlovely 

@cindyvonlovely that color pop palette is so pretty and perfect for February!

The first picture is this month's favorites from Sephora, the second is the favorites from miscellaneous other places (this month, Target, CVS, and T.J.Maxx).

Starting with skincare... I bought the BELIF - Aqua Hydration Rescue Kit and love it! My two favorites from the set that made it into the top few products are the toner (such a nice, hydrating feel for the Michigan winters and much less harsh than others), and the True Cream Aqua Bomb, which feels almost like a gel initially but gets creamy and absorbs well once applied. It's kind of like if the Watermelon Glow Sleeping Mask and the Tatcha Water Cream had a crossover project targeted at dry skin, if that makes any sense? But I really enjoy all of the products in that set. My other skincare favorites for February were the CAUDALIE - Vinoperfect Anti Dark Spot Serum - shown here in the 10mL size from the Caudalie favorites set - which I liked so much I went ahead and got the full size so I'll be set when the little one runs out (sadly, I didn't love the other parts of the Caudalie set nearly as much) and the Murad Rapid Relief Acne Spot Treatment 0.5 oz/ 15 mL, which is strong and burns a whole bunch so I don't apply it if the acne is open at all, but makes for an ~amazing~ spot treatment to shrink icky underskin whiteheads and nastiness if I have to go do something where I want my skin to look like it's not under seige by hormones. Moving on to this month's favorite smells, we have KVD's sadly discontinued Saint (I picked it up on sale for $13.20 and wish I got the full size. It's lovely on its own but becomes really special and delicate when warmed on the skin, though I do wish it lasted a little longer) and NEST NEW YORK - Wild Poppy Rollerball, which is sweet and floral without being cloying, and has a very fresh, spring-like, almost fruity layer. This little one is from a Nest discovery set, but I'm pretty sure I'll be replacing this with a larger one when I run out. In the category of makeup from Sephora, we have the Tatcha The Silk Canvas Protective Primer 0.7 oz/ 20 g, which is a mini size here. I've been using it as a primer for my eyeshadow and face alike, and have had no problems with creasing or transfer, despite hooded eyelids. It also did not cause an acne flareup. Yay! Beyond that, there's the tried and true NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer Madeleine in Affogato, which I had stepped away from to try others in the hopes of finding a similar shade and texture with a smaller price tag, but nothing has been a great dupe so I came back to it and was reminded of all the reasons I love it. Finally from Sephora is the
Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Gloss Bomb Universal Lip Luminizer Hot Chocolit in Fu$$y, in the mini size that came with the little diamond bomb highlighter. The gloss is absolutely beautiful and feels very good to put on. When this runs out, it will certainly be replaced, probably in the same color. I'm nowhere close to panning the highlighter, though, as it's a little too sparkly for everyday wear even though it is lovely. In the category of February favorites not from Sephora, we have a mini method body wash with a super interesting scent (like green tea but... more? it's a little masculine, but has been working really well for banishing some body acne and isn't so aggressively male a scent that I wouldn't happily use it on very feminine days, especially since it fades nicely) from Target, an Almay Color & Care stick from CVS in 120 Rosy Glaze that turns out to be a great MLBB color that feels hydrating and lasts a decently long time (side note - I also tried this in the lightest shade, Dulce de Leche, and that one had zero color payoff. They're quite sheer so if you try them out, go for 120 or 130 if you want the tint to show up), an elf brow pencil and spoolie for days they just need a little filling and blending, an elf highlighter in Blush Gems that is glowy but subtle and great for everyday wear (also from Target), and finally a lovely little T.J.Maxx find in the form of a mini Stila glittery liquid eyeshadow called "follow the sun" that came in a set of 3 minis (as the lightest, this is a great inner corner highlight for super glam looks).

FullSizeRender.jpegFullSizeRender-5.jpeg

@ElegantHedgehog this is totally unrelated to your post. I love your handle. I've had 2 pet hedgehogs and they were awesome, quirky little guys. I love the thought of an elegant one. Thanks for making me smile.

@sprocketta I'm so glad it brought a smile! It's actually a reference to a novel by Muriel Barbery called The Elegance of the Hedgehog since I'm studying classics and contemporary literature, but I absolutely adore the creatures themselves and as soon as I saw the title of that book, the same thing happened to me - the thought of an elegant hedgehog inspired joy, and I really enjoyed the book itself, so it became my name here 🙂

Great products!!! I really like the Tatcha canvas!!!! @ElegantHedgehog

The Caudalie serum sounds great @ElegantHedgehog! May have to see about getting a sample. Fun haul!

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos23
  • Feb. Favorites.JPG
  • 20200211_135025.jpg
  • 2563465.jfif
  • 20200215_211646.jpg
  • 20200215_210902.jpg
  • Feb. 2020 faves: lots of skincare heroes.
  • 2.2020 Favorites.jpeg
  • DDG.jpeg
  • IMG_0294.jpg
  • 0FEDA2D1-EBD9-4ADB-B4BA-2CF779E83AD5.jpeg
  • February Favorites
  • FullSizeRender.jpeg
  • FullSizeRender-5.jpeg
testing