Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Monthly Favorites: December 2020 Edition!

20201216-DecemberMonthlyFaves2.jpg

We made it, BIC! We’re at the end of 2020. We’ve already asked you your favorite products of the whole year (hellooooo basket-building inspo), but we certainly haven’t forgotten to give praise to our Monthly Favorites for December! So whether you’ve been testing out some new goodies you picked up during the Sephorathon deals or squeezing the last bit of product out of your favorite standbys, head to the comments and tag the products you’re loving this month!

Here’s what I’ve had in heavy rotation in December so far:

Click the “Reply” button below and tag your December faves! Just type the “#” symbol before each product!

Re: Monthly Favorites: December 2020 Edition!

Interesting note in the deodorant, @WinglessOne. Also, that It’s Skin-I have a DS but no idea how to use it. It’s a serum, you say? I wasn’t sure if it is to be mixed in with a serum or used alone, but now I think I know. Excited to try it now that I know it has your stamp of approval!

@eshoe  I should've also noted that aluminum in antiperspirants doesn't cause cancer or disrupt hormones, or anything like that. The only folks who should worry at all about it are those truly allergic to it or skin-sensitive to it. I often wish I could use antiperspirants without getting red itchy armpits. 

And yep, think of the It's Skin licorice root product as a serum that soothes inflammation and brightens skin. I think It's Skin calls their whole Power 10 Effector line essences instead of serums, but whatever: you can put 'em on your face (preferably on damp skin, if they contain a humectant) at any post-wash and pre-moisturizer step in your routine. I wish they'd release this one in a bigger size, and hope they don't discontinue it. Hope you like it if you try it! 

you can put 'em on your face (preferably on damp skin, if they contain a humectant)”

@WinglessOne thank you for this little tip, hadn’t considered this!

@WinglessOne  I keep hearing about Vanicream when I watch Dr. Dre and you're the first real live person I've met who uses it!  I'm so glad to know it's a winner.  Off to see if I can buy at shoppers!

@missjeanie  I don't routinely watch Dr. Dre, but I'm not surprised she's a Vanicream fan. Many dermatologists are, including mine. Derms usually recommend Vanicream Moisturizing Cream which is thicker and reminds me of CeraVe Moisturizing Cream (another derm favorite) without the ceramides. Vanicream's Daily Facial Moisturizer has a lighter weight lotion texture, more like CeraVe PM Facial Moisturizing Lotion. My derm will be glad to hear I'm finally using it, since he kept recommending it to me. 🤣 I expect to hear lots of "I told you so" next time I'm able to see him in person. 

If you try one of the Vanicream moisturizers, I hope it works well for you! 

@WinglessOne My dermatologist routinely has a chuckle at my desire to love higher end products when she keeps telling me just to roll with the Cerave and Cetaphils.  Her and my moms oncologist were the ones who pushed me to La Roche Posay and so far that's been a good one too.  I'm gonna see if SDM has the vanicream right now.  My skin needs some loving today and I need some retail therapy lol

@WinglessOne ,

I love reading about your favorites.  I learn so much and get such good ideas from you!  Thanks! 😊

Aw, thank you @tsavorite ! 😊

@WinglessOne Nice favs!  Enjoy. 

Thanks @tjffc !

For these days in quaretine and such, I relied heavily on my must haves, and a few newer products! Here are mine 🥰🥰

First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair® Cream Intense Hydration not only did this product hydrate my super dry skin from peeling constantly to a perfect glow, it somehow helped me fix my very bad acne back in the day. I recommend this to anyone with scars, healing, dry skin, and so much more.❤️👑

Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Pro Filt'r Hydrating Longwear Foundation 100 this stuff is so perfect it feels like it's made for my skin. Plus it stays on under my mask with not too much smudging (plus with the help of the setting spray which is next. Also it doesn't get Cakey throughout the day which used to be a huge problem of mine. 😏👌

Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless Setting Spray 3.3 oz / 100 ml I cannot tell you how insane this product is. It makes it last HOURS. including sweating, mask wear, walking alot like I cannot stress this enough how amazing this product is. It's one of my newer ones after I saw a tiktok about it I bought it instantly. I haven't found a setting spray that is this good.😮😍

This holiday and just year was so stressful enough that these products made me feel good about myself when times were the most rough. 

I hope everyone had a lovely holiday!!

@Breezierr OH wow you may have just sold me on that setting spray! I'm usually kinda like, "meh, do I need it?" but the inside of my masks tell a different smudge-y story, lol.

Christmas decor!

This whole list was close to just being 100% shiny things, but then I was able to focus 🤣

Lights: PAT McGRATH LABS LUST: Lip Gloss Blitz Gold I have an odd preference for gold gloss.  I won't wear it often, but I'm always looking for one.   This has the right amount of glitter to it, so it's not too much, but also not bare.

Garland: PAT McGRATH LABS EYEdols™ Eye Shadow Crimson Fire   This shade pulls perfectly red on me, and it plays well with other formulas, so I've used it to amp up other red shadows for my "true red"

Tinsel: Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Diamond Bomb All-Over Diamond Veil Rosé Rave   Cognac candy remains my fave, but this is a nice take on the diamond bomb.

Tree Topper: Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Flypencil Longwear Pencil Eyeliner Black Card  & Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Flypencil Longwear Pencil Eyeliner Space Cookie   I love these pencils.  I don't like placing shadow under my eye (I feel like it drags my eye down), so these pencils really help at definition to an eye look without drag.  Also, these two shades I feel like can work with any look (black/brown)

Stockings: Becca Luminous Blush in tigerlily. -. I love this blush.  It's own highlight, it's orange 🧡 and buildable.

Wreath: Ciaté London Ciate x Miss Piggy Piggy Perfector Blending Sponge    MISS PIGGY Y'ALL.  Mine is slightly stained now, 😒 but imo on par with a beauty blender.

And the tree...Revlon One-Step Hair Dryer and Volumizer.  THIS THING IS THE BEST.  I've used it pretty frequently now, and it really did live up to the hype for me.

@danielledanielle Love your monthly themes, as always! And I can totally relate to the gold gloss thing -- I recently told the rest of Team BIC how one of my resolutions is to actually wear all the lipstick and gloss I compulsively keep buying, so it's time to put all these gold glosses to good use!

Fabulous list, @danielledanielle!! 100% sparkly is my kind of list.

@AlexBT  Awesome choices. I just picked up that Laneige balm in Peach and I love it. I have Laneige in every other scent but never got the peach one because I’m not a fan of the fruit. But the balm is delicious. 
Speaking of peaches, I wish I knew how pleasant Too Faced setting spray is before it sold out. Traders Joe Watermelon face mist is amazing. I like it more than the Glow Recipt one as it does not make my skin too shiny or sticky. LoVe this Body Shop body shop green coffee cream: it’s rich and moisturizing but absorbs perfectly. And it smells divine. And of course it is very beneficial for the skin.

12C1C620-970F-49D8-8E2D-9B1B676E99DE.jpeg

Joe Malone Lotus & Fig is one of my new favorites. Glad I got the sample of it to fall in love. The Givenchy glowing cushion is almost gone and they don’t make it anymore. But it’s lovely: gives the skin the mist natural dewy glow 

3028CB8E-5E81-4763-8C50-893D800370B1.jpeg

I don’t really have dark circles but my eyes do look tired because of constant lack of sleep. I apply Smashbox under eye primer first and then Becca under eye brightening powder. Helps me look rested. YSL mascara top coat is gorgeous. It’s not glitter but shimmer. I have been using this tube for a long time and it still has a lot of product left.

F91D9038-1B6D-4522-9542-73E5B319447F.jpeg

I’m glad I discovered Missha’s lip products. The matte lipstick is so velvety and non drying. I don’t feel it on my lips. The lip laquer dries down to matte lip color as well. It feels so comfortable on the lips. As much as I love the idea of matte lipsticks most of them make my lips feel so dry and uncomfortable but Missha helped fix that. Jill Stuart lipstick feels like a balm: incredibly moisturizing and nourishing. I will be buying more colors in the future. Last but not least are two wonderful lip balms: Laneige peach and Lano lips banana. They save my lips even when I suffer from allergic reaction. 

C237B6CA-3311-4574-A936-0214530A3038.jpeg

The too faced peach is my ultimate favorite setting spray of all time @Zvezdochka 

@Zvezdochka Amazing faves! I have the BECCA Cosmetics Under Eye Brightening Corrector and love it, but haven't tried the powder version -- I bet they make a great duo!

@AlexBT  BECCA Cosmetics Under Eye Brightening Corrector  is really good. I find GUERLAIN Precious Light Illuminator and Concealer 01 to be similar and so gorgeous as well. 

BECCA Cosmetics Under Eye Brightening Setting Powder  is very light, almost like a brightening dust. It could be used on its own or on top of more “substantive” products. 

@Zvezdochka that mascara top coat looks like something I might need!  I'm going no where to wear a sparkly mascara ... but I feel like I could rock it in my jammies. hmmmmm I'm digging this idea!

@Zvezdochka ,

Great favorites and great explanations!  😊

188 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos19
  • 20201216-DecemberMonthlyFaves2.jpg
  • D884AB88-0ECE-4DB7-A0A7-9D878E56C0C2.jpeg
  • IMG_20201206_201438755.jpg
  • December Favorites.jpg
  • 12C1C620-970F-49D8-8E2D-9B1B676E99DE.jpeg
  • 3028CB8E-5E81-4763-8C50-893D800370B1.jpeg
  • F91D9038-1B6D-4522-9542-73E5B319447F.jpeg
  • C237B6CA-3311-4574-A936-0214530A3038.jpeg
  • Merida.jpg
  • Also, love the aesthetic of the transparent sleeve, though it's hard to read the backside.
  • 2020monthly-dec_1.jpeg
  • I miss listing lipsticks as monthly favorites... sigh.
  • 729D25DE-0BAD-4E5C-A46D-2127DD54FEEA.jpeg
  • BB9EDF42-AC1C-4E6E-971B-32018AA3F390.jpeg
  • E9F18E91-D574-4383-9CC4-B37AEE75B27C.jpeg
testing