Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora

Monthly Favorites: December 2019 Edition

GeorginaBT_Dec_Faves.png

This is it, BIC: the last monthly favorites thread of the year! Now is your time to share the skin, hair, makeup, and fragrance products that you reached for most in December. Whether a product is a holy grail or a new find from Holiday Hooray, we want to know your favorites.

Here are my December favorites:

What products were your December faves? Share them in a response below, and since it’s the end of the year, let us know your absolute favorite product(s) of 2019 too! Remember to show and tell… Heart

Re: Monthly Favorites: December 2019 Edition

This was the month that I finally discovered the Bite Agave lip masks when they went on sale and I, uh, went a little ham.  I tried one and it was instant love so I bought five more...

I also finished off my previous night moisturizer and started using the FRESH - Lotus Youth Preserve Dream Night Creamwhich is absolutely AMAZING.  Admittedly, I'm not in love with the cucumber scent but it manages to be a comfortable gel-cream formula that packs an absolute ton of moisture!  At first I didn't think it would be hydrating enough because it feels lightweight on the skin but I can't believe how great my skin feels every morning after using it.  I went a night without it and instantly missed it.  

Finally I really got some good use out of my STILA - Glitter & Glow Liquid Eye Shadowand I have several shades.  I find that I may go for awhile without really reaching for them and then I'll get on a kick and pull them out again but December just called for some tastefully glittery eye looks .  It was a good reminder for me about how great the formula is and how much I really love using them so I think I'll still continue to definitely use them throughout January as well.

I’m going to do for 2019 as I didn’t experiment much in December. 

85DA6400-27B9-4837-9C08-991F308C754E.jpeg

Drunk Elephant Lala Retro™ Nourishing Whipped Refillable Moisturizer 1.69 oz/ 50 mL Can’t imagine my skin care routine without my daily dose of Lala. Best moisturizer hands down. 

DR. DENNIS GROSS SKINCARE - Ferulic + Retinol Triple Correction Eye Serum The only eye care product that doesn’t cause me to get pesky milia. I love this gem! 
Beautyblender POWER POCKET PUFF™ Dual-Sided Powder Puff for Setting and Baking If you’ve not tried this for applying powder (especially for under your eyes) you need to ASAP. My first one lasted a year, and I wash weekly. It applies powder like a dream. 
Virtue Restorative, Hydrating Treatment Hair Mask with Keratin 1.7 oz/ 50 mL I may/may not have chosen this GWP like 12 times I like it so much, great to use after Olaplex No.3.

I love the Virtue Restorative, Hydrating Treatment Hair Mask with Keratin 1.7 oz/ 50 mL, too, @GG84.  It's time for me to buy another one 

I love DE Lala and the DDG eye serum too @GG84! They are fantastic products❤️

A couple of repeats from previous months and some new-to-me things. I also recently traveled with all these items. 

Favorite December products, and favorite brushes I use to apply them (plus my 2 favorite eyeshadow brushes of 2019)Favorite December products, and favorite brushes I use to apply them (plus my 2 favorite eyeshadow brushes of 2019)

Details: 

Spoiler

Beautiful favorites @WinglessOne! 💗💕 Those Koyudo brushes are on my radar for next year! 😍 

I was traveling for what feels like nearly half the month of December, and I love multi-use palettes for travel. My splurge of the month was this year's Hourglass palette, and I've been using the bronzer  and finishing powders most days. 

The Chanel Palette Essentielle stays in my purse, and the concealer especially came in handy for a couple of nasty blemishes that appeared during my trip. Of course, the blush and highlighter are great for touch ups.

I picked up the other palette from the Rouje pop-up shop in New York. I know I've said here that Pony is the only influencer who can get me to buy stuff, but apparently, so can French influencer and style icon, Jeanne Damas. I like the palette more as blush, but I also like mixing for a custom lip color--as with most multi-use cream products, I just wish the color lasted longer. 

I've been reaching for two lip colors the most this month--Charlotte Tilbury's Super Model lipstick and Gucci Sheer Lipstick 506 Louisa Red.

05232A25-667F-40BC-B613-AC57559FD7F3.jpeg

Beautiful favorites @txcatx. Gucci Louisa Red looks like a stunning color! 💖

@txcatx ,

Such beautiful choices!

December Favorites.JPG

I tried a few new products last month and this month and I am happy that some of them my favorites list. 

These are the products I could not keep my hands off: 

SUMMER FRIDAYS - Jet Lag Mask:This has been a holigrail of mine for a while but it has really come in handy this time of the year when my skin needs a little extra hydration. I carry it in my purse everywhere I go and use it as a moisturizer, an under eye cream, a primer under makeup, and a thicker layer as a hydrating mask. 

The INKEY List Hyaluronic Acid (HA) Hydrating Face Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL: Like I mentioned before this time of the year has been rough on my skin and I've been loving this hyaluronic serum under my moisturizer. 

Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless Longwear Foundation 5.5 Neutral: O-M-G I FOUND MY HOLIGRAIL FOUNDATION! This was recommended to me by a beauty advisor in-store and I am so happy they did because it is amazing. I have combination-oily skin and love a full coverage but with a natural finish and it's always hard to find a good foundation that meets all those needs but this foundation truly does. It covers all my acne scars and hyper-pigmentation really well but also looks very natural!

#Voluspa Holiday Gilt Pomander and Hinoki Candle: This candle smells divine like  yet not overwhelming and it makes my heart so happy!

PAT MCGRATH LABS - Mothership III Eyeshadow Palette - Subversive: OH MY GLAM!!!!!!!!!!! The picture doesn't do this palette any justice, it's so beautiful like anything mother creates, of course. I love this palette so much I have been using it everyday to create daytime and nighttime looks, it's so pigmented and the packaging is absolutely gorgeous and elegant. 

I love the Charlotte Tilbury Foundation because it gives a very natural looking finish, while providing full coverage. One of my new favorite discoveries is the CHARLOTTE TILBURY - Airbrush Flawless Finish Setting Powder. It's one of those setting powders that actually makes a huge difference and gives a nice, airbrushed look. I also love using this powder to set my NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer Madeleine.

That PMG palette is sooo beautiful, @BrendaBT.  I don't own any of her palettes (yet) but I always drool over them a little :).

Beautiful products, beautiful photo @BrendaBT! The shadows in the PMG palette look amazing! Glam is right! ♥️

I love Jetlag @BrendaBT! I’ve been looking for a new foundation and that CT one sounds amazing!

@BrendaBT  Jet Lag yaasssss!! love love love! Holy grail for sure

@GeorginaBT Yes to the CAUDALIE - Vinoperfect Anti Dark Spot Serum! That’s been a favourite of mine for a while now and I’m so happy it’s in my life!

i honestly can’t remember which of these I’ve posted before, but here’s what I’ve been reaching for the most during this month/the holiday season ☺️

amika Un.Done Volume and Matte Texture Spray 5.3 oz / 192 mL. I have fine hair and this really pumps up the roots without teasing. It is super weightless, and I prefer how natural my hair looks and feels versus using hairspray. Smells great too!

Origins Dr. Andrew Weil For Origins™ Mega-Mushroom Relief & Resilience Soothing Treatment Lotion 6.7 oz/ 200 mL. I love the Dr Jart Cicapair Serum, but have been reaching for the Origins more lately. I love the consistency and fresh herbal scent. It’s really helped with the patches of redness that pop up on my cheeks this time of year.

Herbivore Emerald Hemp Seed Deep Moisture Glow Oil 1 oz/ 30 mL. I think I’ve mentioned it before, but this is a Game changer. Could rave about how amazing this is forever. 

Natasha Denona Mini Diamond & Glow Cheek Duo. A little glittery for everyday use, but it’s really added a beautiful sparkle to my holiday looks! Same with the VERB - Ghost Dry Oil™ Disco Edition. I actually use this on my hair and skin for nights out that demand sparkle and staying power. 

last but certainly not least - my holiday eye looks have been courtesy of my Morphe 35O2 because it has the most beautiful reds, browns, champagnes and bronzy colors. I plan on bringing my ABH Sultry out for NYE though!

@cianni, the Herbivore Emerald Oil is so good! 💚

@cianni  I bought the Origins Dr. Andrew Weil For Origins™ Mega-Mushroom Relief & Resilience Soothing Treatment Lotion 6.7... recently too! How are you layering yours with other products?

@averylayne I use it in the morning! I apply it after cleansing. When it absorbs, I apply the CAUDALIE - Vinoperfect Anti Dark Spot Serum on top, then I finish up with a moisturizer and SPF ☺️ I apply the origins directly with my fingers though. It’s so watery that at first I was using a reusable cotton round, but I found it was wasting way too much product. I apply a bit in the palm of my hand and then rub my palms together and apply it that way for better/faster absorption in the skin. I tried it on top of the Vinoperfect, but for skincare it’s always better to layer from thinnest consistency to thickest for maximum absorption and benefits so I switched it up and it’s been working better for me!

@cianni  I agree, it's very watery.  Great tips, I will start using my palms too! Thanks!

Conversation Stats
Photos15
  • GeorginaBT_Dec_Faves.png
  • 124F0A50-6D5B-463C-B2BD-C2B609590DE7.jpeg
  • 9DDF11AB-4068-44AD-A45C-9921DBB062D3.jpeg
  • F848B98B-2023-4B74-B494-7F6763F76C8D.jpeg
  • FFFC289A-42D5-4B7F-AD4B-A77065107303.jpg
  • dec.JPG
  • I left out one, but these brushes ❤️
  • F5110AA4-A5D3-4627-9859-2067E22BC9D9.jpeg
  • december-favorites.jpeg
  • December Favorites.JPG
  • 05232A25-667F-40BC-B613-AC57559FD7F3.jpeg
  • Danessa Myricks Waterproof Cushion Color in Bluejay
  • Favorite December products, and favorite brushes I use to apply them (plus my 2 favorite eyeshadow brushes of 2019)
  • 85DA6400-27B9-4837-9C08-991F308C754E.jpeg
  • 79DE4028-B43B-44DB-AADA-4950CBF0B670.jpeg
testing