Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora

Monthly Favorites: August 2022 Edition!

MonthlyFavesAugust2022.jpg

Happy August, Beauty Insider Community! I hope you’re all soaking up the final rays of summer (though here in San Francisco, our summer is just starting 😜) and putting that SPF to good use. As for me, I’ve been spending the month getting friendly with some brand-new (and in some cases, just new-to-me) products that have become fast favorites! I’ve been giving my claw clip a break and letting my hair down (frizz-free!), testing some hydrating new skincare picks, and channeling fluffy brows and lush lashes. What about you, BIC? Have you been falling back in love with some old favorites, or getting your hands on as much summer newness as possible? Let’s talk August faves!

Here are the products I’ve been regularly reaching for all month long:

Your turn, Community! Which skincare, hair, makeup, fragrance, and/or wellness products have your attention this month? Reply below and don’t forget to use the “#” sign to tag those products!

Re: Monthly Favorites: August 2022 Edition!

Great One

@eshoe I love a good enabled-by-the-BIC type of purchase. 🙂 Enjoy!

@QueenMarceline omg saaaaame

@AlexBT The best 💕

That’s how most of them start, isn’t it @QueenMarceline 😂

@eshoe Ain't that the truth 😉

20629F65-15A7-4120-9873-B59FDFDF94CD.jpeg

I made the mistake of discovering Fragrance TikTok, then went crazy on discovery sets. Here we have SKYLAR Eau De Parfum Discovery Set , Ellis Brooklyn Scent DIARY Fragrance Discovery Set perfume set , and DedCool Discovery Set . While there will be some misses - Ellis Brooklyn SWEET is indeed way too sweet and powdery on me - there are also a lot of hits. DedCool fragrances are unlike anything I've smelled, and I'm excited to keep trying. 

Another month, another MERIT Signature Lip Lightweight Satin Lipstick. This time I bought Tiger, a very wearable brick red. I'll end up with the whole set at this rate!

I picked the Benefit Cosmetics 24-HR Brow Setter Clear Brow Gel with Lamination Effect 0.23 oz/ 7 mL as a 100-pt perk, and will buy it when I run out. Tames my brows without flaking, and lasts an entire work day and beyond. 

@tastelikewater Tiger from Merit's lipstick line looks so good on the models on the product page and I just know it's gotta look awesome on you too! Love that the lipstick seems to give a soft, blurred effect based on the images!

@tastelikewater I love when rewards bazaar perks end up being keepers -- I need to be better at actually trying them all instead of throwing them in with my sample stash. And that Merit lippie sounds dreamy! So many Merit products I want to get my hands on...

@tastelikewater Some really good snags, especially the fragrance sets. I've had some good luck with SKYLAR and Ellis Brooklyn (did not like Bee, unfortunately). Hope you find something you really enjoy out of those scents 🙂 ❤️

Thanks @QueenMarceline ! I've only tried Bee once so far and I'm not sure what to make of it. On my skin, the cocoa powder makes it less sweet than Sweet, but I think I'd have to be in a very specific mood to want to wear it. I'll definitely go through the entire sample, but I'm not sure I'd purchase the full size. 

@tastelikewater Something about it mixed with my body chemistry just does not work. 😕 I had high hopes for it since I heard good things but alas not all can be winners. What have you tried from Skylar so far? I'd love to expand further into their brand ❤️

@QueenMarceline I bought the Skylar set mostly to try Salt Air, which unsurprisingly I really enjoy. According to my notes - yes, I made a spreadsheet to keep track of the 50 samples I currently own! - I also tried Capri Summer, which is a pleasant citrus but nothing groundbreaking. Honestly, the longevity on both that I've tried is disappointing. 

@tastelikewater I actually really enjoyed the Capri Summer (one of the only perfumes from them I've had a chance to try) but totally agree with your sentiment that the lasting power is not the best. I wonder if that's a brand-wide situation with Skylar fragrances. Salt Air sounds like a really nice fragrance, I might have to pick up one of their sets in the future or get on them on a ScentBird subscription. 🙂

Can someone please explain when we will get Beauty Besties box from the Virtual House event?  I ordered mine the first morning I saw the Sephora invite, I woke up it was there and I looked to see if the beauty boxes were there because last year I awaited to get the box and they sold out before I put my order on the cart but now I’m waiting on the delivery has anyone else ordered the boxes for the September 18 event?

@Lilnonni7 @We probably won’t get the box till a week or so before the event. That’s how they did it last year. 

My August Favorites!

Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Eaze Drop Blurring Skin Tint 

Tower 28 Beauty SunnyDays Lightweight Foundation 

Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Poutsicle Hydrating Lip Stain Mai Type 

@Ogg17 That tower28 foundation is on my list! I know @GeorginaBT is a fan 😉

Those are all such great, summer-appropriate choices, @Ogg17 🙂

@Ogg17  Great choices! I'm a fan of the Tower 28! 🙂

@Ogg17, excellent choices for your monthly favorites. Those foundations are beautiful; I'm almost done with my Tower 28 and that will definitely be repurchased.

Conversation Stats
Photos24
  • nails-2022-july-8-triphase-eivor-regalaf - 1.jpeg
  • MonthlyFavesAugust2022.jpg
  • 550DCF1D-AE28-4239-975F-D68316FB0761.jpeg
  • A797C35D-138F-4199-BD60-105DEC8385AF.jpeg
  • 6422EC9D-9D48-4060-8728-C60D807043A2.jpeg
  • E9485636-1D08-4BEB-9E6A-6458DF6C6150.jpeg
  • 590742DC-9883-4001-B415-5EA087D4BDFC.jpeg
  • image.jpg
  • 3C7F2392-96AD-49DF-8F00-889C7C9A9F44.jpeg
  • IMG_20220829_111600067.jpg
  • august 2022 favorites.jpg
  • august 2022 favorites opened.jpg
  • 20220829_231205~2.jpg
  • 2 old favorites and several new-to-me loves.
  • faves-2022-Aug-eyeswatch.jpeg
testing