cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Monthly Favorites: August 2021 Edition!

MonthlyFavesAugust2021.jpg

August! I feel like I was just getting to know you and now it’s already almost time to usher you out the door. 😎✌ It’s safe to say I spent this month adding a little extra glow to my no-makeup-makeup routine, including experimenting with different bronzer applications, and really pushing the longevity of my hairstyle between washes. I guess you could say this month’s faves are a little uncharacteristically subtle for me, but nothing wrong with embracing all the easy-breezy relaxed vibes for summer – at least when it comes to my beauty routine!

Here are the products – new and old favorites – that I found myself reaching for most often in August:

Click the “Reply” button below and use the “#” sign to tag and share your own Monthly Favorites for the month of August! Makeup, Hair, Skincare, Fragrance, Wellness – anything goes!

Re: Monthly Favorites: August 2021 Edition!

Bright orange would be great for fall, @AlexBT. Something to liven up the neutral golden browns!🍂

@eshoe Love CDP concealer.  I like that they last 2 years before I have to buy a new one.

It’s great to know it might last that long, @SportyGirly125. I took a photo of it fully extended before using it, so I can track my usage. It’s been a little miracle for my cheeks and the hyperpigmentation that has accumulated over the last few years. 

@eshoe It's a great full coverage concealer.

Great picks, @eshoe!  I've been eyeing the Danessa Myricks Beauty Colorfix - Multi-Use Eye, Cheek & Lip Waterproof Liquid Pigment in a couple of shades--they look so beautiful 🙂

Yes, I am eyeing a few other shades as well, @CookieGirl1. I opted for bag 1 for Sephoria based on her FS alone, and I cannot wait to see what it is!

This feels and wears like a stain; even with my trusty Bioderma Sensibio, it doesn’t completely disappear. Given that I don’t reapply my eye makeup during the day, this is a bonus. It did crease, but that was without my NARS Pro-Prime™ Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base. I am afraid that if I apply them in unison, my eyelids might be permanently pink😂

@AlexBT  My month has been like yours. Little to no make up. But these are my monthly favs I can’t stop reaching for. 

729889ED-6ACA-46F5-A945-CA6A2FEC030E.jpeg

Ive been dealing with way more acne lately and I’ve been trying to find a balance my skin likes. 
Summer Fridays Cloud Dew Gel Cream Moisturizer 1.70 oz/ 50 mL  has been working well for me. I’ve been trying new gel like creams to see if I can find anything better then Tatcha water cream. This one is coming close. 
Tower 28 Beauty Mini SOS Save.Our.Skin Daily Rescue Facial Spray 1 oz/ 30 mL  has been nice to use when I need an extra shot of moisture. I find it’s been calming my skin that’s been extra sensitive as well. 
Peace Out Salicylic Acid Treatment Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL  ive had this bottle for a little bit but never tried it. But it magical. I put it on before bed and I notice a difference in my break out by morning. 
Tatcha The Serum Stick: Treatment & Touch Up Balm 0.28 oz/ 8g  this has been amazing to use on my eye area since I’ve been breaking out around my eyes. 
Tower 28 Beauty Bronzino Illuminating Cream Bronzer  has been good for my no make up days. 
Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution Hydrating Lipstick has been my go to since I got it. Cannot live with out it now!!! 

@ather  

Could you say more about how the peace Out serum helps your breakouts? Does it flatten them?

@missy94612  I use it at night and usually by morning it’s flatter and smaller. Sometimes I notice them gone if they aren’t huge. I find it best if you catch it while it’s smaller. It does help the bigger ones but it takes longer. I like to use it at night. 

@ather 

Thank you.

@ather Love your photo! I also recently picked up the Tower28 bronzer (I'm already a big fan of the blush!) and I love how sheer and blendable it is -- agree it's great for those no-makeup-makeup days! And that Summer Fridays moisturizer is a recent fave of mine as well.

@ather m

I love your photo!  Thanks for the reminder about the Peace Out Acne Serum!  I needed to be reminded to use this.  You are right, it really helps.

@tsavorite  Thank you!! I don’t know if you are like me but I try so many things out sometimes I forget what really works well. 

@ather I had a Glow Recipe skincare journal  from the rewards bazaar that I just finished in July. I use to go back and forth between written and digital notes, and it got me to commit for one year. As long as I photograph my empties each month, I can better track what worked/what didn’t. Handwriting has also helped me contemplate before I decide on whether something works or not. I think an everyday, daily diary is helpful, with an AM and PM for each day. Plus it has helped me track dermaplaning, rolling, acids, peeling, etc. So I don’t overdo, like I tend to do😊

@eshoe  That’s such a smart idea. I need to start being better at documenting what I use/works and what doesn’t. I know I tried a new product a few days ago and now I have breakouts so it would be more helpful to document that as well. 

Oh no, @ather - that is another thing the diary helped me to pinpoint; irritating products and combos. 

@ather your photo drew me in, it is so aesthetically pleasing. I have yet to try one of the Tower Beauty cream blushes, they seem like a hit with just about everyone who has tried them!

@eshoe  Omg. Yes. I actually thought no way I would like it. I love the merit ones and I have a milk makeup one and I like it too. But definitely something about the tower 28 one that’s a love. I actually was hesitating on getting the bronzer because I have the rms bruti bronzer but definitely I like the tower 28 100% more. 

Well 100% more is saying a lot, @ather! So many blushes to try, and only two cheeks on my face☺️ 

@ather , @itsfi ,

I'm curious about the benefits of using the Tatcha The Serum Stick: Treatment & Touch Up Balm 0.28 oz/ 8g .  What does it do for you?

Thanks!

@tsavorite It hydrates the undereye area.  I also like to apply it on top of concealer and blend it in for extra hydration under the eyes if I feel the concealer is looking on the drier side.

274 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos24
  • MonthlyFavesAugust2021.jpg
  • 81C99673-48D6-4D2B-8ADE-68B7F3B7AA21.jpeg
  • 553D2B41-3C1F-4E5F-95B8-1F6DB7E6C100.jpeg
  • AFD34471-DDDB-488A-8312-9F3AE07C3B8E.jpeg
  • Monthly faves: August 2021
  • 152E0120-9F53-4508-B1ED-D666BE920204.jpeg
  • IMG_20210826_135705796.jpg
  • charlotte-tilbury_lightgasm_001_palette.jpeg
  • 729889ED-6ACA-46F5-A945-CA6A2FEC030E.jpeg