Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora

Monthly Favorites: August 2021 Edition!

MonthlyFavesAugust2021.jpg

August! I feel like I was just getting to know you and now it’s already almost time to usher you out the door. 😎✌ It’s safe to say I spent this month adding a little extra glow to my no-makeup-makeup routine, including experimenting with different bronzer applications, and really pushing the longevity of my hairstyle between washes. I guess you could say this month’s faves are a little uncharacteristically subtle for me, but nothing wrong with embracing all the easy-breezy relaxed vibes for summer – at least when it comes to my beauty routine!

Here are the products – new and old favorites – that I found myself reaching for most often in August:

Click the “Reply” button below and use the “#” sign to tag and share your own Monthly Favorites for the month of August! Makeup, Hair, Skincare, Fragrance, Wellness – anything goes!

Re: Monthly Favorites: August 2021 Edition!

@AlexBT  Thank you for the #80 sephora bronzer brush in your review! been looking for one to replace my old one … 

SEPHORA COLLECTION PRO Bronzer Brush #80

@GrazieArmano Amazing! Since it's pretty fluffy, it's great for all-over warmth and bronzer blending (vs. a more precise contour). I hope you love it! 

Better late than never. I’ve got some great favorites but haven’t been able to post as much but wanted to tell folks.

Tatcha Indigo Overnight Repair Serum in Cream Treatment 1.7 / 50  is really the nicest things I’ve ever put on my face. It really helped pack in moisture I needed too. Strangest and perhaps best use? For scratches from my dog. She is a very crazy and sweet jumper who is terrified of having her nails clipped so it happens.

Tatcha The Indigo Cream Soothing Skin Protectant 1.7 oz/ 50 mL  has done wonders for my skin. I have a lot of redness and irritation from my cpap mask that I have been trying to manage and this has made a huge difference. Honestly I wasn’t aware I had so much other redness on my face until it wasn’t there.

Shiseido Ultimate Sun Protector Face and Body Lotion SPF 60+ Sunscreen has no white cast, it’s a smooth peach color and goes on easily and smooth. I mix in the Drunk Elephant O-Bloos™ Rosi Glow Drops with Vitamin F  and get a nice glow. If you are not pale, you do need a lot of the DE and it’s subtle. But I don’t need to be a disco ball. I have been loving all of these. The regular Indigo cream is my top favorite. I am waiting for a sale to buy the full size and was very miffed only sets were on sale for Labor Day. But I know I’ll buy the full size. It kills me to buy an $85 moisturizer, but the results are real.

I think it’s great you discovered an alternative use for the Tatcha, @sprocketta - especially one that helps alleviate the results of Pepper’s uncontainable energy!

@sprocketta. I'll have to see if I have any of those Tatcha samples they sound wonderful. 

@Ispend2much6 The Tatcha Overnight Repair is in Sephoria box #2. I was moderately annoyed by that because I bought several minis as gifts but never hurts to have extra. Are use the last of the regular Indigo Cream tonight and I was so sad about it because I have to go a couple days while I wait for the new container to arrive.

I'm a little late, but I'm afraid I'll forget about these wonders I just tried together for the first time by the end of the month.

I've been using Briogeo's Be Kind co-wash for awhile, but the other day I paired it with #Briogeo Be Gentle Be Kind aloe and oat fragrance free detangler (tagging won't work.)

I wish I had a "before" picture that would show how much this combo helped my hair.  Before: frizz, dull, no curls.  Now: waves, fullness, and even some shine!  I haven't had shine in a long time, except the COLOR WOW Dream Coat Supernatural Spray Anti-Frizz Treatment 6.7 oz/ 200 mL  does add some.

And bonus points that I don't have to wait for a conditioner or hair mask to soak into my hair in order to get results; this is a spray-on after the co-wash.

My hairdresser married a rich man and quit her job; I'm happy for her but...I haven't found a new one yet, so my hair is out of control.

hair 2.jpg

Your curl pattern looks similar to mine @Ispend2much6. I know how frustrating it is to find a hair stylist that understands your hair. Try googling either DevaCurl or Ouidad for curly trained stylists in your area. That is how I found my current hair stylist. When a section of my hair doesn’t cooperate she will definitely cut that section dry to get better results at no additional cost. 
If I did not have so many hair products to get through I am curious about the Briogeo Co Wash. BTW I get my roots done every 4 weeks. Every other touch up she performs what is called a “band aid “ . It is a touch up along the front and sideburns. Also she will touch up my cowlick in the back.

@Loretta55. That's really good advice thank you!

@Ispend2much6 ,

Your hair looks gorgeous!  I'm curious about your hair color products.  Pretty color!

@tsavorite  Thank you!  Briogeo is the reason, honestly.  My hair is about 5 different shades right now, and most of the time, honestly, since I do my own.

I use Madison Reed.  They actually have their shades divided into intensity levels; I am using the 5.5NNA Dosolo Brown. which is the second level of strength of  formulation they have, for people who have resistant grays.  Because my hair is like that, it doesn't hold onto the coloring as well as it used to, so I end up with "highlights" instead of a single shade of hair.

@Ispend2much6 ,

Thank you for your answer!  In my mind, having highlights like that is a plus. 

@Ispend2much6 @I am curious if your hair is fine or low porosity. I need something to tame my frizz due to frequent washing and nothing seems to work completely.

@eshoe   I'm really bad at describing my hair.  It is fine, but I have (had) a lot of it.  It sucks up everything I put on it.  I also color it, so it's a little damaged.  Protein products make it stiffer.

I wonder if it is low porosity too, @Ispend2much6. I just recently discovered that description and it makes so much sense. I use hair masks 2-4x a week, leave-in conditioner, oil…and still frizz! I might try the Briogeo you did here to see if that helps.

eta looks like the ColorWOW that I need to be looking at

@eshoe  I've honestly never tried anything like it.  I think the detangling spray has a good bit of oils in it, so you need to almost as careful as when using a hair oil after it's dry.   I won't use it on my roots anymore because it gets oily quickly.  But, for the rest of my hair it's great!

You convinced me @Ispend2much6. I just ordered the COLOR WOW Sparkle + Shine Duo for Frizz Free Hair. 

@Ispend2much6 Great review, the last bit about your hairdresser made me laugh out loud 🤣(good for her 👏, sucks that you lost a hairdresser though). 

@Nahnom   Glad to provide a laugh, at any time. 🙂  It's just hard to find someone who knows how to cut curly hair.  I had to let my hair grow out for ten months to get the layers long enough to get a decent cut that I like after my last whack job at the same salon by her co-worker.  I'm getting too old to wait that long to get my hair "fixed."  I don't want the epitaph to say, "Please excuse my hair- I meant to get it cut but didn't have enough time."

@Ispend2much6 Yay for enjoying the co-wash.  I wanted to pick it up today at Ulta (kind of like a planned impulse buy) but they didn't have it in-store.  I'm planning on trying it just on my ends, to cutting it with my Pureology conditioner.  Boo for losing your hair stylist!

Conversation Stats
Photos24
  • MonthlyFavesAugust2021.jpg
  • 81C99673-48D6-4D2B-8ADE-68B7F3B7AA21.jpeg
  • 553D2B41-3C1F-4E5F-95B8-1F6DB7E6C100.jpeg
  • AFD34471-DDDB-488A-8312-9F3AE07C3B8E.jpeg
  • Monthly faves: August 2021
  • 152E0120-9F53-4508-B1ED-D666BE920204.jpeg
  • IMG_20210826_135705796.jpg
  • charlotte-tilbury_lightgasm_001_palette.jpeg
  • 729889ED-6ACA-46F5-A945-CA6A2FEC030E.jpeg
  • 10AB3C64-F0D1-410C-97A5-F19547C99B69.jpeg