cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Monthly Favorites: April 2020 Edition

Monthly Favorites April 2020.jpg

Hello, BIC! Is that time of the month already, it’s time for us to share all the beauty products we’ve been loving all month long. This month, I’ve tried my best to keep a daily routine going to maintain a sense of normalcy and productivity. I am very appreciative for all of you - not only for giving the best beauty advice but for all the love, mutual support and daily positivity. All my favorite products this month have been things I’ve discovered through the Community 🙂 

Here is the list of my April favorites:

What are your April favorites? And what is one thing you have in your basket for the Spring Sales Event? Click the reply button below to share!

Re: Monthly Favorites: April 2020 Edition

This is the first one I've tried, @CookieGirl1, and I'm definitely not a fan. I have another full size that I'll have to pass on. Its just unfortunate.

@haleyvvvv Maybe we need a spin-off thread...that Beauty Blunders April 2020 where we can share products that didn't work for us!

@greeneyedgirl107 @BrendaBT @haleyvvvv I agree--I think these threads should be about monthly favs AND fails. 

RE: Monthly Favorites: April 2020 Edition

Hola 🙂 loving eyeshadow this month surprisingly. It’s like a little pick me up! This month is really bout using my HGs. And Supremes Nudes is such an amazing palette can’t put it down. And my ND mini gold works great with it! CT Very Victoria, such a flattering nude. Love Clinique supercharge concentrate for my dehydrated skin! Huda’s Tantour, pigmented but blends out seamlessly! And just tried Monat this month and loving their moisturizer. Btw how do you add links to products? Thanks for the help 🤗

Re: RE: Monthly Favorites: April 2020 Edition

@BiancaGS Nice faves!! You can add links by using the "#" symbol and it should pop up search function, so just type product name.

RE: Re: RE: Monthly Favorites: April 2020 Edition

Ahh thanks love!

RE: Re: RE: Monthly Favorites: April 2020 Edition

Thanks!

I tried a new mask (it's more like a scrub) and am thrilled to add KORA Organics Turmeric Brightening Pore Scrub + Exfoliating Mask 3.38 oz / 100 mLto my April favorites! I use it on my forehead, chin, sides of nose, jawline, *and* on my neck and decolletage area. I avoid my cheeks and top of nose because my skin is sensitive to physical scrubs in those areas. Absolutely love it! 

Since I've been working from home I find I'm washing my hair less frequently, so I've been using one of my favorite dry shampoos IGK First Class Charcoal Detox Dry Shampoo 6.3 oz/ 288 mL. I've tried a ton of dry shampoos and while I like almost all of them, this one is always the one I keep coming back to. 

And since I've been using dry shampoo, when I do wash, I need something to really clean not only hair but also my scalp and for this I absolutely LOVE Briogeo Scalp Revival Charcoal + Coconut Oil Micro-exfoliating Scalp Scrub Shampoo 8 oz/ 236 mL. I love how it smells, and how my scalp feels clean and slightly tingly when I use it. I mostly use it as a spot treatment shampoo - so I hit the parts of my hair /scalp near my temples, above the nape of my neck and behind my ears, and then all along my part to my crown. I scrub it in and then let it sit for a couple minutes while I do other things. Since my hair is quite long I'll follow up with quick light wash using another shampoo to get the rest of my hair since I mainly use this shampoo to focus on specific areas of my scalp. Then I condition really well and I'll finish everything off with the Briogeo Scalp Revival Charcoal + Tea Tree Scalp Treatment Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL which I use in similar spots to where I used the shampoo. I'll massage it in at the very end and leave it. 

That's been my routine lately! Has anyone else's routine changed slightly since we may be staying at home more than before?  

Lovely faves, @CarolBT!! I love those Briogeo products!!

I never thought that I would not be mentioning many makeup products but these are tough times. I can’t use any cologne due to my husband’s sensitivities ,but JOSIE MARAN - Whipped Argan Oil Body Butter  provides me with the scents that have me not missing anything. My favorite scent is Vanilla Bean. It reminds me of vanilla ice cream. I also use this in the sugar scrub.

fresh Sugar Advanced Therapy Treatment Lip Balm Translucent reminds me of a lemon scent. I even switched from Laneige to this before bedtime.

Drunk Elephant Cocomino™ Glossing Shampoo 8.0 oz/ 240 mL smells like almond paste. I was using DevaCurl products for seven years and due to that controversy, I wanted to finish my shampoo and conditioner. When deluxe sized samples were offered a couple of weeks ago with a $35.00 purchase, I decided to try them. I never thought that I would like it as much as I did. According to the directions, do not double cleanse. Afterwards, I used Drunk Elephant Cocomino™ Marula Cream Conditioner 8.0 oz/ 240 mL. That product did not have as strong of an almond paste aroma. My scalp’s itchiness has subsided. It is not taking as long to dry my hair. The first day of the sale, after only one use, I purchased both products.

Hopefully our lives will be getting better soon!

I'm going to have to try the JM vanilla!! @Loretta55 

I just wish that Josie Maran could make the scent of Drunk Elephant Cocomino™ Glossing Shampoo 8.0 oz/ 240 mL in a body butter. I also wish that Sephora sold more of her scents that only seem to be available for purchase on QVC.

This quarantine + sephora VIB sale is really getting me into trying new skincare products #selfcare. These are some of my recent purchases that I have been loving

• LANEIGE Lip Sleeping Mask Intense Hydration with Vitamin C Original- my lips have been getting very dry recently & this seems to be the only product that works for me! (Aquaphor lip repair works amazing too)
  • BELIF - The True Cream Aqua Bomb - I have oily skin so I love any gel moisturizer. this hydrates my skin without giving me that oily/greasy feeling
  • The Ordinary AHA 30% + BHA 2% Exfoliating Peeling Solution 1 oz/ 30 mL - love giving my skin a restart with this peeling solution. I've been using this once a week for the past month and have noticed less whiteheads & blackheads around my nose
  • OLEHENRIKSEN - Truth Serum® Mini - the best vitamin c serum because of how light it feels on my skin. i love getting 2 minis instead of 1 regular sized bottle because it's a little cheaper + you're getting the same amount of product 

@isaabella I'm a hardcore Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask fan! I've been using it all day everyday, and my lips are thanking me for it.

When in your skincare routine do you apply the Ordinary Solution? Been meaning to pick that one up! 

RE: Re: Monthly Favorites: April 2020 Edition

I usually use the peeling solution at night right after I cleanse my face. If you use retinol in your skincare routine, I would use the peeling solution in the morning to avoid skin irritation. It works great at exfoliating your face! But be sure to moisturize afterwards.

RE: Re: Monthly Favorites: April 2020 Edition

That moisturizer is bomb!!! @isaabella

@isaabella I have to co-sign. All the products you named are wonderful and my long time favorites. Happy You are getting great results using them 🌟

I feel like I actually had quite a few favorites this month!  Tried to narrow down the list, though.  I picked up these Tanologist self-tanning drops (similar to the ones from Tan Luxe or Isle of Paradise but at a way cheaper price) when Target had them on a one day half-off sale and they're seriously SO GOOD.  I'm really fair but the Medium drops work absolutely perfectly for me and I feel like they're foolproof.

20200426_195954.jpg

I feel like a lot of us have had a little "shop my stash" moment during this whole quarantine thing so I recently pulled out the PHILOSOPHY - anti-wrinkle miracle worker primer+ line-correcting primer and when I mix equal parts of that with a slightly hydrating primer my foundation almost always applies really nicely so I'm happy to have rediscovered that.  

When Sephora and @TeamBIC gifted me the SEPHORA COLLECTION PRO Powder Brush #59I had no idea how much I'd use it but it's quickly become a staple in my brush collection and I literally use it every day now!  It applies my Hourglass Veil™ Translucent Setting Powder - Talc Free Translucentperfectly.  

Anyone else like how the Amika hair products smell?  I've become obsessed.  When I found out that it actually even comes in a hair fragrance (yes, I realize this is a little extra) I HAD to get it and the lasting power is genuinely impressive.  This will be a repurchase for me once it runs out.

20200426_200053.jpg

And my final favorite, the manna that fell from Costco:20200426_200157.jpg

I don't think I need to explain that one...

@CookieGirl1  I never thought my life would come to the point where I would get so excited about toilet paper. I haven't been able to get it locally, so I just search online throughout the night when I can't sleep. I usually am not successful, but I have had some pop up once in a while so that we haven't had to do without. I used to only buy certain brands, but now I'll take whatever I can get. 

LOL @CookieGirl1 - you found gold with the Charmin!

Ditto, @PrettyPaint - definitely taking what we can get here, though I have lucked out with finding a small pack of Charmin available on Amazon once a couple weeks ago. 

8 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos25
  • Monthly Favorites April 2020.jpg
  • IMG_20200422_150933.jpg
  • C01682AF-5D61-4A72-9EA4-CFF72BFD5EB4.jpeg
  • Top: Guerlain KissKiss Rosehip Tinted Lip Balm; Bottom: Sephora Jelly Melt. Both swatched 2x.
  • FED276F7-1155-4BD1-85CA-9F13523A6038.jpeg
  • 20200423_112625.jpg
  • 20200426_195954.jpg
  • 20200426_200053.jpg
  • 20200426_200157.jpg
  • 20200426_133432~3.jpg
testing