Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Live Chat with Kate Somerville

2018-08-aug-acne-community-thread-image.jpgThis thread is now closed. Thank you for participating!

Get ready! Brand founder Kate Somerville will be here on Thursday, August 9 to answer your skincare questions, live. Visit this thread from 2–3pm PT to chat acne, oil control, and more. 

Want to ask a question? Click the 'Reply' button below (not the chat icon on the right)!

Re: Live Chat with Kate Somerville

What do you predict will be a trend in skincare next year? 🙂

@zacmaur Something you might see in the coming year is products that balance your microbiome! Your microbiome is a combination of the good and bad bacteria that exists in your skin. We have a new product called KATE SOMERVILLE - EradiKate® Salicylic Acid Acne Treatmentthat treats acne and skin texture but also balances your microbiome! This allows skin to be balanced and happy. 

Xo, Kate 

hi Kate. I have dry skin around my mouth. I have tried many items and they do not help. what do you suggest I use or what steps can I take so i can improve my dry skin.

Hi Kate! After almost a year on an oral contraceptive, my acne is nearly gone, but I have scarring left (mostly hyperpigmentation and some pit scars). I tried your scar serum roller and although I noticed some improvement it makes me breakout by clogging my pores. I already use your toner and spot treatment. What would you recommend for getting rid of my scars?

@Greta55 A good exfoliator is essential here! Our Kate Somerville ExfoliKate™ Cleanser Daily Foaming Wash with AHA & Enzymes 4 oz/ 118 mL melts away dead skin cells to reveal new, glowing skin. Next, a product with retinol to allow cell turnover like Kate Somerville DermalQuench® +Retinol Advanced Resurfacing Treatment 2.5 oz is a great addition to your nightly routine. This will reduce skin pigmentation and texture while hydrating the skin. 

Xo, Kate

Hi Kate! I'm a teen with reallllllllly oily skin. So oily that if I wash my face in the morning, I can't even get to lunch without feeling like a greasy french fry. It causes a lot of acne and congested pores....what products do you recommend for oil control?

Hi Kate! 

How often should someone in their early twenties be exfoliating and how do I fit exfoliation into my routine? Is there such a thing as over-exfoliating? 

@Iana23 Twice a week if you're using our KATE SOMERVILLE - ExfoliKate® Intensive Exfoliating Treatment! This will allow fresh, new skin to come through and reveal a brighter complexion. You can also use my Kate Somerville ExfoliKate™ Cleanser Daily Foaming Wash with AHA & Enzymes 4 oz/ 118 mL daily to gently exfoliate and remove dead skin cells. Over-exfoliating is definitely a thing, so listen to your skin! 

Xo, Kate

Anonymous Insider

Hi Kate !!

I live in Arizona and sun out here is brutal. I have tried numerous face sunscreens to protect my skin but find that they ruin any make up I later apply and also they usually lead to breakouts. Do you have a preference on powder vs liquid foundations with SPF?!? 

Hi Kate!thanks so much for this forum. I just started using yourEradikate sulfur cleanser and I'm in LOVE! I was wondering what products to use for the pores clogged with oil? Should I use mask more often? Thanks again.

I am a pale redhead (natural) with sensitive skin. I am looking for the most effective way to treat the cystic acne scars (concave) I got in my 20's. Any advice?

RE: Live Chat with Kate Somerville

How much is too much exfoliation? I alternate in the shower between exfolikate and my Clarisonic

How thin is the mist on your setting spray with SPF?

My boyfriend has been getting acne since he works in a kitchen and goes to the sauna a lot he also has sensitive skin. What is a product you would recommend to get rid of acne?

I want to say that I use your line of products everyday. I love every product that Ive purchased from your line, over 10+ of your products as of now. Thank You!

Hi Kate! I have dry skin in the Winter, and oily skin in the Summer. I also have some acne scars, and acne prone skin. What would you suggest as an acne treatment, and are there any products to even out my skin tone? Thank you!

Hi Kate! Will you be bringing out a replacement for the daily deflector spf 50 you discontinued?

What's the best nightly routine for your skin when living in a polluted city?

@sephoralover511 For all my city gals exfoliation is KEY! You want to make sure you are removing all the impurities you pick up throughout the day. Use KATE SOMERVILLE - ExfoliKate® Intensive Exfoliating Treatment2 2x per week in the shower with steam. Make sure to apply your favorite moisturizer after to feed your skin with nutrients and hydration. I call the putting the LOVE back into the skin. xo Kate

What is a good way to get in to the skincare field? I would love to be an esthetician!
Conversation Stats
Photos2
  • 2018-08-aug-acne-community-thread-image.jpg
  • Mission and I are ready to answer your questions! Woof xo
testing