Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Live Chat with Jamie Kern Lima for IT Cosmetics

102017_LiveChat_ItCosmetics_ThreadImage_HANDOFF.jpgThis thread is closed. Thank you for participating!

IT Cosmetics Co-Founder and CEO Jamie Kern Lima is chatting live on the Beauty Insider Community on Tuesday, October 24. Visit this thread between 12pm and 1pm PDT to ask her anything—from how to disguise dark circles to the breakdown on the brand’s problem-solving products.

Be sure to hit the "Reply" button below this text to ask a question. If you ask using the black chat icon to the right Jen will not see your question.

Re: Live Chat with Jamie Kern Lima for IT Cosmetics

Thank you so much guys, this has been so much fun and such a blessing for me, chatting with you and hearing your stories. Thank you for being the most important part of IT Cosmetics and inspiring me each and every day! XOXO Jamie

Hi @JamieKernLima My biggest skincare concern is my enlarged pores so my question to you is not how to hide it with makeup and primers but mostly how to treat it! Do you recommend any products that are targeting this? 

I have tried the Bye Bye Pores Primer but it felt a little heavy on my skin ... maybe I used too much? 

Thank you in advance!!

Hi @JamieKernLima! : ) Thank you so much for your lovely products and for answering our questions - I really love all the IT products I have tried so far and my favourite is the Vitality hydrating lip flush/stain/serum/gloss!

My question is this: could you talk a little bit about the benefits of the peptides and collagen that are in the products? I feel like I can really tell the difference in lip hydrating and volume when I use the hydrating lip serum/gloss and I wonder if this is because of the collagen.  Also - any recommendations you have for someone with SUPER dark circles would be much appreciated (treatment/prevention and covering them if possible).   Quick suggestion box request: it would be amazing if you guys made a lash growth serum! : )  I know that you mascaras have ingredients meant to stimulate growth but I would love to also buy - in addition to that - a very potent serum to apply to my lashline.

Hi @RoseCharlie thanks so much!!!! Also thank you for your product suggestion below. Our Vitality Lip Flush Hydrating Serum is truly about hydration and skin-loving and lip-loving ingredients, like peptides and collagen, I love that you feel and see a difference in the look of your lips!!!! And I hope it makes you smile even more during your day. Solving the problem of Dark Circles and concealing them from view is actually how IT Cosmetics began growing as a brand! We work with plastic surgeons and dermatologists and our mission is to solve those beauty challenges we all face with skin-loving and life-changing formulas. For Under eye Circles, I would start with Bye Bye Under Eye Eye Cream. it's exclusive to Sephora and it's developed to smooth, brighten and de-puff the look of under eye circles, it also have a dark circle minimizing sheer blue tint. It's loaded with caffeine, blue algae, peptides and other powerful ingredients. Then Bye Bye Under Eye Concealer is full coverage and covers even the darkest of under eye circles. If you prefer a hydrated finish you will love it. If you prefer a more matte finish I love to set it with Bye Bye Pores powder!!!! XOXO 

I Know your selling your company but they are not cruelty...

I Know your selling your company but they are not cruelty free..what does this mean exactly for your products and will they be sold in asia?

Re: I Know your selling your company but they are not cruelty...

Hi @JGSFLA thanks for your question. At IT Cosmetics we are 100% cruelty free and absolutely do not test on animals. We are also PETA certified as well and are on their site. We do not sell our products in China. We also don't use animal hair in our brushes. Thanks so much again!!!! 

Hi Jamie, I love the CC cream and used it religiously for...

Hi Jamie, I love the CC cream and used it religiously for months until it caused an extreme allergic reaction on my skin that will take at least 3 more months to clear up. I don't have a question, I was just hoping your company could invest in some allergy/skin sensitivity testing because I really love and want to be able to use your products.

Hi Jamie, 

Out of all of your foundation formulas & primers, which do you recommend for skin that is dry and dehydrated?

Thanks! You're Awesome!!! 

Could you please recommend me some products that would help me cover my roscea on the cheeks and remove(restore) acne scars?

Also what skincare products do you suggest for very dry skin( I have dry patches on my chin area and mouth area.sometimes cheek area too)...I really love the IT cc cream but it's not covering my dry patches... 😞

Hi @mezzotown88 thanks so much! I have very dry patches on my cheeks from rosacea and our moisturizer Confidence in a Cream has been life-changing for me with those dry patches. It's clinically shown to hydrate and is amazing even on sensitive skin. I wear it under my makeup almost every single day. 
Also for covering up redness on cheeks - if you're looking for even fuller coverage than CC Cream, you will love our Bye Bye Redness concealing cream. It's very full coverage and has a matte velvet finish. XOXO 

Hi Jamie! 

First I want to say that I used to walk by a mirror and think WHO is that, that's not what I think I look like in my head. But since finding IT Cosmetics....I walk by a mirror and say damn girl you look great! Thanks to you and your AMAZING products. 

I have developed some lines on my forehead (aging really sucks). I use Confidence in a Cream (and the eye cream). What do you recommend to get ahead of these wrinkles20171006_094434.jpg

Hi @CarrieAnnDeLong first YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL!!!!!! In addition to your IT Confidence products, try to always wear sunscreen! If you hate wearing it because it's like another layer, then try CC Cream because it's that 1 simple step that's your foundation and SPF in one! I dont see any lines on your forehead, but if you say they are there, or you want to really focus on preventative, try adding Secret Sauce Moisturizer at night. XOXO Jamie

I love IT products, but I feel like confidence in a cream...

I love IT products, but I feel like confidence in a cream isn't strong enough in the wrinkle reduction/prevention area. Is secret sauce stronger, or is there something I can do to amp up the confidence in a cream?

RE: Live Chat with Jamie Kern Lima for IT Cosmetics

Hi! Can I mix my retin a with the secret sauce for my night time routine ?

why is your It-o2 foundation not available on your website?

why is your It-o2 foundation not available on your website?

What foundation and powder do you recommend for very dry...

What foundation and powder do you recommend for very dry skin? Thanks!

RE: Live Chat with Jamie Kern Lima for IT Cosmetics

Hi Jamie! You are an inspiration in so many ways,thank you for sharing your skin truths!! I’m living w lupus,and trying to get beauty guru’s and co’s like yours to understand the power of SPF in all shades. The sun is just one of my enemies dealing w those cruel disease. With that being said,I really want to love your CC cream,but I have to blend it w another brand to get my ideal shade. Can you please consider making your products in a TRUE deep/dark? The current shows up ash like on me,it’s unrealistic and unacceptable on darker tones like mines. I along w the Lupus Foundation of America would love to partner w you...looking forward

Re: RE: Live Chat with Jamie Kern Lima for IT Cosmetics

Hi @moegore thank you so much for your question. And also for sharing your story about living with lupus. Thank you also for being a true superhero and sharing your story so other women and men can be inspired by it!!!!! Also regarding more shades, it's literally the one thing that keeps me up at night, and I will not be able to feel peace until EVERY person can wear IT. A few months ago we expanded from 4 shades to 7 in many of our products, and for the past few years we've been working on something HUGE we're launching in 12 shades in January. (and it has SPF too!!!!). Thank you again, and thank you for your inspiring story. Also - YOU are beautiful!!!!  XOXO Jamie

Re: RE: Live Chat with Jamie Kern Lima for IT Cosmetics

Oh wow,thanks so much for the thoughtful followup. I can’t wait to see what’s in store! We need you rested and ready to be your best you,so no more keeping awake at night. lol. I’d love to further speak w you or your team in detail about partnering w the Lupus Foundation of America,what’s the best way to keep in touch? May is lupus awareness month,but there’s no time like the present! Sending love from the #LemonadeMaker 🍋💜

When you formulate your (limited) deeper shades, do you t...

When you formulate your (limited) deeper shades, do you test them on actually people with deep skin? why do they look gray?
1 Reply
Conversation Stats
Photos4
  • 102017_LiveChat_ItCosmetics_ThreadImage_HANDOFF.jpg
  • Jamie.jpg
  • 20171006_094434.jpg
testing