cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Live Chat with Dr. Dennis Gross

2017-09-06-community-livechat-banner-Dr-Dennis-Gross-US-CAN-HANDOFF.png

The thread is closed. Thank you for participating!

Brand Founder and skincare extraordinaire Dr. Dennis Gross is heading to the Beauty Insider Community on September 28 for a live chat. Get your questions ready because Dr. Dennis Gross will be chatting  live with us in this thread from 12-1pm PDT. Ask anything from tips on developing your skincare routine to advice on fading acne scars. 

To ask Dr. Dennis Gross a question on 9/28, click 'Reply' directly below the tags section below. Please click "Subscribe" to be notified when your question is answered. 

RE: Live Chat with Dr. Dennis Gross

Hi Doctor Gross, I'm interested in a retinal products. How do I choose between 1.5% or 3%? My concerns are wrinkles and hyper pigmentation. It might seem like a basic question but I haven't been able to find any information telling me how to decide which retinol product is right for me. Oh should add, I've been using your laser eye machine for about a month, love it, now my eyes look 10 years younger. Really hope you release one for the rest of my face

Re: RE: Live Chat with Dr. Dennis Gross

@howconnie

My advice is not to focus or worry on % when it comes to retinol.  The most potent in my line is the ferulic + retinol brightening solution.  This formula has a liquid delivery system that gives an effective concentration, that I believe is the most effective out there. In addition, ferulic acid allows a high concentration without irritation because as an antioxidant it simultaneously prevents sensitivity.  Effectiveness isn't always linked to percentage.  

Fabulous news about SpectraLite!!  So thrilled you're using daily and seeing great results!!

Re: Live Chat with Dr. Dennis Gross

Thank you for joining us @drdennisgross!

I recently started breaking out on my cheek and, from experience, I know scarring is a possibility. How can I prevent long-term scarring while I'm in the middle of a breakout and continue to prevent it as I heal? 

Thanks again for chatting with us!
Katie

EDIT: P.S. Hi again! I'm the girl from Sephora's community team who was doing Sephora's Instagram story aka taking hundreds of boomerangs of you rocking the SpectraLite goggles 😄 

@KatieBT

My Alpha Beta Daily Peel is amazing for treating acne, preventing acne and treating scarring from past breakouts since it stimulates collagen.  Remember do not squeeze or pop pimples as this can injure the skin and make scars worse.

What product would you recommend most for acne/oily skin?

@meecheroo

The Alpha Beta Daily Peel is wonderful to clearing dead skin, unclogging pores and prepping to better receive treatment products.  Spot treat with the Sulfur Mask at bedtime which draws out oil and bacteria. Moisture Cushion is ideal for oily types since it's oil-free and won't cause future breakouts.

Hi Dr. Gross!

Thank you for chatting with us today.  What products would you recommend for dry sensitive couperose skin with possible mild rosacea? Looking to help some redness from the broken capillaries and small lines in my forehead. Thank you! 🙂

@veronika23

The two key things I recommend are antioxidants to fight redness and soothing ingredients. The best combo for your skin concerns would be C+Collagen Vitamin C Serum in the AM, followed by the Firming Peptide Milk in the evening to increase hydration and soothe the skin. It is a combo I recommend to patients all the time!

@drdennisgross  thank you so much! I'll look into these right now 🙂

Thank you for chatting with us today Dr. Gross. My skin concern is the new developments of tiny sun spots on my left cheek (yes from driving!)  I've been exfoliating and using a SPF 50 daily.  I don't have any fine lines, dryness or texture issues just the hyper pigmentation on a small area on my left cheekbone.  What would you recommend from your line to 1) fade the current spots (if that is safe) and 2) prevent new ones from occurring.   

This is me @blushnglow.  Sigh!!! Thx for asking this question

Hi @blushnglow! The two ingredients known to fade sunspots are retinol and Vitamin C. I recommend my Ferulic + Retinol brightening solution in the evening and the C+Collagen Vitamin C Serum in the morning, under Instant Radiance SPF40 (which gives you daily protection you need). 

blushnglow wrote:

Thank you for chatting with us today Dr. Gross. My skin concern is the new developments of tiny sun spots on my left cheek (yes from driving!)  I've been exfoliating and using a SPF 50 daily.  I don't have any fine lines, dryness or texture issues just the hyper pigmentation on a small area on my left cheekbone.  What would you recommend from your line to 1) fade the current spots (if that is safe) and 2) prevent new ones from occurring.   

53 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos3
  • 2017-09-06-community-livechat-banner-Dr-Dennis-Gross-US-CAN-HANDOFF.png
  • FullSizeRender.jpg
  • gross.png
testing