cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Live Chat with Dr. Dennis Gross

2017-09-06-community-livechat-banner-Dr-Dennis-Gross-US-CAN-HANDOFF.png

The thread is closed. Thank you for participating!

Brand Founder and skincare extraordinaire Dr. Dennis Gross is heading to the Beauty Insider Community on September 28 for a live chat. Get your questions ready because Dr. Dennis Gross will be chatting  live with us in this thread from 12-1pm PDT. Ask anything from tips on developing your skincare routine to advice on fading acne scars. 

To ask Dr. Dennis Gross a question on 9/28, click 'Reply' directly below the tags section below. Please click "Subscribe" to be notified when your question is answered. 

Re: Live Chat with Dr. Dennis Gross

@vivibcn

Glad to be here! This is an excellent Q! I love Vit C! Ascorbic Acid is very unstable, many derivatives have been created to provide better stability. Our state of the art form of L-Ascorbic Acid; 3-O Ethyl Ascorbic Acid, is the most potent stabilized vitamin C derivative. This is why the Vitamin C in our C+ Collagen Deep Cream remains effective in jar packaging.  Use a product from one year after you open the product.

Hello again!

Another question as it's very rare i can get advice from a true expert! I've been using your ferulic + retinol triple correction eye serum, I love it's incredible to say the least. When it comes to applying eye creams or serums I am always told different things. Do you apply eye cream to the under eye and lids or do you apply it just under the eye one the eye socket bone? I was told to do this as eye cream makes its own way up to the eye? I'm not sure how true that is though! 

Many thanks

@KRoRo

Thrilled to hear you're a fan! Triple Correction Eye Serum can be used on the entire eye area, including the lids.  generally application for a cream would be everywhere but lids - under the eyes and apply where you might form crow's feet. Remember, consistency is KEY!

Hi Dr. Gross! Thanks for taking the time to chat with us today. 

I first wanted to thank you for never testing your products on animals, it can be so hard to find effective skin care that's cruelty free. 

Second, I was curious what products you'd reccomend to someone with combination skin and acne scarring? (I had a sample of the alpha beta peel for a while and quite enjoyed that) Are there any personal tips you may have that most people aren't aware of?

Thanks in advance! 🙂

@katgoulding

You're welcome! I love animals and it was important for me and the brand to be cruelty free 🙂

preventing scars is all about preventing acne in the first place.  Always wash face in the evening, never go to sleep with makeup on because I guarantee you'll wake up with a pimple!!  It's a tip I always tell patients. For your skin type, use a combo of Alpha Beta Peel with Ferulic + retinol Peel - it's the best for treating and preventing acne and acne scars.

Hello Dr. Dennis! 

When will the spectralite be available for Canada and will you be expanding this line of devices to focus on other areas of the face like around the mouth/laugh lines? 

I use and love the peel pads (gentle and regular) but feel after a while of using them they seem to lose the effect as compared to if I skip a month and go back. How do I determine which strength is best for my face? I have dry and sensitive skin with not too often hormonal breakouts.

I have some hyperpigmentation (around mouth) especially on my neck (dark lines) is there anything I can use in this area to lighten it so it looks even toned and same as my face since my face is much lighter in comparison.

I love your brand and can't wait to see what else you come out with, can you share any sneak peeks? 😉

Thank you,

Anewxa

@Anewxa

Thrilled to hear you're such a dedicated fan of the products! I'm excited to share we'll be launching SpectraLite in Canada the beginning of the year. I'm always looking for the next innovation so I hope to offer more devices very soon!

To determine best strength for your peel choosing, if you want more improvement jump to the next level of peel strength. It sounds like you might need the Extra Strength version to address your concerns. Remember a retinol peel 2x a week is part of the regimen I recommend for avid peel users.

For the neck, my favorite is the Fortifying Neck Emulsion which I designed specifically for this area of body and contains retinol. 

Dr. Gross--I loved meeting you over the summer at the Sephora Beauty Insider Community launch party! 

I have balanced, middle aged skin. What should I start with in your line? Many thanks for attending our party, and I look forward to your advice.gross.png

@ShiraBT

Lovely meeting you too!! I recommend a regimen loaded with the basics. Start with Alpha Beta Universal Peel which is loaded with exfoliators and anti aging ingredients.  Of course you also need a retinol product - try my Ferulic + Retinol Overnight Serum and finish your routine with an eye product.  The C+Collagen Vitamin C Eye Cream reawakens tired skin and is your collagen builder.

Thank you!

RE: Live Chat with Dr. Dennis Gross

Hi! I recently went to a spa for a glycolic peel. I ended up with severe burns which have turned to scars all over my face. Some are red and some are brown. I am so upset and have no idea where to start to begin getting my face back to what it was. The idea of more peels scares me. Any suggestions? Thank you!

RE: Live Chat with Dr. Dennis Gross

Hi Dr. Gross! Thanks for joining us today! As a 25 y.o. how may I begin to prevent aging? So far I only have smile lines that I chase away with essential oils and have very tiny lines across my forehead that aren’t too noticeable yet.

Re: RE: Live Chat with Dr. Dennis Gross

@tee30

Use the big three ingredients; Vitamin C, retinol and hyaluronic acid after you peel daily.  It's all about starting early to prevent those signs of aging from getting ahead of us!!

Hello!

does using acne products like face washes etc, cause spot/pimples? I've been using a face wash recently containing salicilic acid and I feel my skin has become worse. I don't suffer from acne or spots I'm just super oily and find it helps.

your advice would be greatly appreciated!

@Robertwlsh

Washing your face is key to clearing oil and debris each day!  Sometimes, salicylic acid can purge pores and oil glands from deep deposits which can be helpful to clear the skin.  This should only last a week or two. If problem persists longer than this, than maybe salicylic acid isn't best for you. I recommend my All-in-One cleanser with toner which gently cleanses skin and doesn't contain this ingredient.

HI Dr gross! 

Absolutely pleasure you are very brilliant i always enjoy watching you on the Q and hearing you speak. i've studied skin science for years know the ins and outs but one thing i am still sooooo confused cause i see conflicted points. does vitamin C react poorly with niacinamide, i always here yes. but your new C+ collagen serum combines them and people LOVE it! i like to put niacinamide cream over my retinols as i know it helps it work, but also retinol and vitamin c work together well! so does niacinamie and Vitamin c work or hurt the skin

thanks so much you're brilliant!!

@jaggy

thanks for always tuning in! I always love to hear from my fans and know how and why you love the products.  To answer your Q, Vit C and niacinamide is a great combo. I recommend using both on a daily basis. Remember, Niacinamide is a Vit B derivative and of course, Vit B and Vit C go well together as a multi-vitamin.  Plus, they offer different benefits - they team up to deliver amazing results.

Hello Dr. Gross. Thanks for taking the time to chat!!

Any recommendations for persistent flaking just in around my nose and chin?  The rest of my face feels "normal".  I"m not sure the cause of this flaking but I feel like chunks of skin flake off in the middle of the day despite sprays and moisturizers.  I"ve even added oils to my routine but that just makes my makeup slide off.  Is it a sign of over exfoliation? Thank you again..

@2lovebeauty

it's not a sign of over exfoliation, it could be a rash which can develop due to the type of oil is produced in your areas of concern.   I recommend trying the C+Collagen Perfect Skin Set & Refresh Mist after washing your face morning and night.  It has chelators which help to detoxify and purify the skin's surface.  If it does not improve after 2 weeks, I recommend making a consultation to see a derm.  By the way, spray the rest of the face for overall radiance - people love it for a midday pick me up too!

Hi Dr Grass!

I use many of your products and love them all. I have a few questions,

1: corners of my mouth are very dark as compared to rest of my face, any recommendations to deal with it?

2: How often can we use Retinol eye cream and can it be used in conjunction with the spectralite?  I mean not at the same time but on the same day ?

3: When will the spectralite be available in Canada? 

Thanks!

Hi Sephora Community!

I'm here at my NYC practice excited to chat about all things skin! Let's get started with your Q's.

Dr GrossFullSizeRender.jpg

53 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos3
  • 2017-09-06-community-livechat-banner-Dr-Dennis-Gross-US-CAN-HANDOFF.png
  • FullSizeRender.jpg
  • gross.png
testing