cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Live Chat with Dr. Dennis Gross

2017-09-06-community-livechat-banner-Dr-Dennis-Gross-US-CAN-HANDOFF.png

The thread is closed. Thank you for participating!

Brand Founder and skincare extraordinaire Dr. Dennis Gross is heading to the Beauty Insider Community on September 28 for a live chat. Get your questions ready because Dr. Dennis Gross will be chatting  live with us in this thread from 12-1pm PDT. Ask anything from tips on developing your skincare routine to advice on fading acne scars. 

To ask Dr. Dennis Gross a question on 9/28, click 'Reply' directly below the tags section below. Please click "Subscribe" to be notified when your question is answered. 

Re: Live Chat with Dr. Dennis Gross

Thank you skin enthusiasts!! It was fun and great to chat with everybody today!

RE: Live Chat with Dr. Dennis Gross

Hi dr. Dennis Gross!! Thank you for your time!! Would you recommend any at home tech devices for large pores? What about RF thernage? Or what in office laser would best help get rid of large pores from oily skin! Thank u so much

Why should I use something different around my eyes than on the rest of my face?

@silvrynyte

The skin around the eyes is thinner than rest of the face.  From a scientific point of view, this requires a different delivery system. Reach for an eye cream like C+Collagen Eye Cream to brighten and Ferulic + Retinol Eye Cream to firm.

Anonymous Insider

Hi Dr Gross! What is your best product for reducing sun spots and pigmentation?

@Anonymous

To reduce sun spots, use a combo of Alpha Beta Daily Peel and Ferulic + retinol Brightening Solution. Both help to address pigmentation and even tone by different mechanisms combined to give great results! And, always remember sunscreen!!

Hi Dr. Gross! I've been using a scrub to exfoliate for years but someone recently told me to try your peel instead. Why do you recommend it instead of a scrub?

@silvrynyte

I'm a big advocate of chemical exfoliation.  Scrubs are a way to remove dead skin by scratching the skin's surface. This method can cause irritation and be abrasive to skin, and miss many spots.  My Alpha Beta Daily Peel exfoliates dead skin by detaching it evenly and gently from surface.  It can overhaul your whole complexion. It's more gentle and effective.

Hi! I've been a fan of your products ever since I discovered the Alpha Beta peels. 

I'm just starting to see signs of aging, fine lines and such on my sensitive, combination skin. I just started using your retinol night serum and a moisturizer at night, but what kinds of products/ingredients would you recommend for the morning? 

@txcatx

Add Vitamin C to your morning routine for an additional dimension of anti aging results. Use the C+Collagen Vitamin C Serum all over the face, combo'ed with the C+Collagen Eye Cream to turn tired to bright.

Hi @drdennisgross

I've been considering getting a laser for skin tightening. Do you have any recommendations and/ or should I be using any products at home?

Thanks!

@FancyPants12

The best combo of treatments, and I tell my patients this in NYC, is a combo of at-home care and in office laser.  I offer laser tightening and firming treatments in my practice  - I stand by them for great results!   For your at-home routine, you must be diligent with peels.  The Alpha Beta Medi Spa Peel is one that was inspired by in office care, and firms and plumps skin with 15 different acids.  Use one a week followed with the Firming Peptide Milk.

Hi Dr. Gross, I am Asian, 47 and right now I notice I have quite large pores and I have combination skin, what do you suggest from your products to treat my pores

@Illyjns

I suggest trying our Alpha Beta Peel Extra Strength to tackle large pores and normalize oil chemistry.  The Clarifying Sulfur Mask is also a fantastic bedtime treatment.  My all-in-one cleanser with toner is a great match for your skin, especially if you massage into the skin for 45 seconds to go deeper and clear pores.

I am in my early 30's and starting to see very fine lines around my eyes, what do you suggest I use to prevent them further? I have sensitive dry skin so alot of eye creams irritate and water my eyes or cause milia. (any suggestions to prevent milia?) Thank you!!!

@Anewxa

Definitely try my latest, SpectraLite EyeCare Pro! The four wavelengths of LED red light are designed to tackle signs of aging in this delicate area.  The key is the device stimulates collagen which as we age, we lose.  If you're on the hunt for an eye cream, the ferulic + retinol triple eye serum is lightweight and won't irritate.

Another question, What is the difference between Ferulic + Retinol brightening solution and Ferulic +Retinol over night serum? How can we decided which one to use?

@fatimamummy

Ferulic + Retinol Brightening Solution is a serum that delivers a potent dose of retinol for visible smoothing and firming of the skin.  I recommend using this in the AM, since you get that instant glow!  The Ferulic + Retinol Overnight Serum is best for nighttime because it serves as a way to replenish water loss overnight with time released retinol. Wake up glowing, and continue that radiance through the day with a combo of both!

Thank you @drdennisgross That makes sense 🙂

Hi Dr. Gross, thank you so much for joining us today! I use your C+ Collagen Deep Cream and am curious to know if it has the same instability that I've read vitamin C serums have. Is there an ideal time frame in which I should use the entire product before it loses effectiveness? Thank you! 

Conversation Stats
Photos3
  • 2017-09-06-community-livechat-banner-Dr-Dennis-Gross-US-CAN-HANDOFF.png
  • FullSizeRender.jpg
  • gross.png
testing