cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Introduce Yourself: New Member Monday

New_Member_Monday.jpg

Hello BIC! We are starting this thread and updating it the first Monday of every month to welcome all of our new BIC Members and show them some love. If you happen to see anyone who is new to the community feel free to share this thread with them!

Maybe you are new to the Beauty Insider Community and still figuring it out, or maybe you’ve been here for a while but haven’t had the chance to say hello! Either way, we want to welcome you into our beauty-loving family, so don’t be shy- pop in and introduce yourself!  We’re already happy to e-meet you. 🙂

New members! Please reply below to introduce yourself and tell us: If you could splurge on any beauty product for yourself this season, what would it be? Use the "#" symbol to tag it in your response. 😊

Tags:

Re: Introduce Yourself: New Member Monday

@dozca welcome!  We're all happy to have you here; BIC is honestly such an awesome place and I hope that we can all get to know you better :).

Hi everyone! I'm Vanessa, I'm new in the Sephora world!!! One of my co-workers introduce me to the Sephora products, and I'm so grateful for that. I'm looking mainly products for my face. I try different moisturizer, and it always comes to the same issue. They start working fine, but then they stop. From time to time my face gets very dry specially around my nose and mouth area. I can even peel my skin sometimes, and it gets very dry and red. Hopefully I can get some help from you guys 😄  

@VANEKRO23 Hi Vanessa! Welcome to BIC 💛

I agree with checking with a dermatologist or your family doctor to get to the root of your skin care problem.  Trying to get rid of redness or peeling skin without knowing the underlying cause would be a difficult guessing game and you could waste your time and money looking for a solution. 💜

Welcome!!!!!

Hi @VANEKRO23 and welcome aboard! 

Have you ever seen a dermatologist or primary care doctor about your skin? You might have a skin condition that needs addressing. To me, it sounds like you have a damaged skin barrier (excessive dryness, flaky peeling skin, redness), but I'm not a doctor who can figure out the underlying cause. 

What's your usual skincare routine (brands + product names), from cleanser to sunscreen? If your issue's not caused by a skin condition, maybe you're overusing one of your products, or overdoing a certain ingredient in your routine. Example: a common way to damage the skin barrier is to over-exfoliate with alpha hydroxy acids (AHA) like glycolic acid and lactic acid. 

@VANEKRO23 Welcome to BIC!  Do you use products for your skin type?

Hello I am new to the community, My name is Rhonda  So far I’m loving it! I had to search for another foundation line due to the one I was using apparently they stopped making it. I have decided on Dior for my primer foundation and concealer. 

Welcome Rhonda @CattlemansWife This is a great place, glad your loving it so far! 💗 I agree, it's so hard when our favorite products are discontinued, sounds like you found a really good replacement 🤩

@CattlemansWife Hey Rhonda 👋 ! Welcome to BIC! 😊

@CattlemansWife Welcome to BIC!

Hi my name is Ava, new to the beauty community, and I’m a university student. I have to save all the $ I get from my job for rent, groceries, tuition, etc. if I could splurge, I’d buy the Charlotte Tilbury Hollywood Flawless Filter . I am so curious about this product and heard it’s amazing. 

Welcome to the BIC Ava @Mush21 I hope you love it here 😄 I haven't tried anything from the CT line but yes I've heard really good things about it to 🤩 

@Mush21 Welcome to BIC! The Sephora line has some great affordable items and I really like the skincare from The Ordinary Line 😊

@Mush21 Welcome to BIC! I love CT flawless filter.  They do come in smaller sizes for some of the shades.  I wear 2.

Welcome to BIC @Mush21 ! You will love it here! Charlotte’s Flawless Filter is such a beautiful product, IG gives that glow from within! 

I was looking for a good foundation for my skin. I found Hourglass works well with my skin and tone (Ebony). Now I am looking for a good finishing powder. Who can help?

@RevNelly  Welcome to the community!

@RevNelly Welcome to BIC!

Welcome to BIC @RevNelly ! I agree with @SportyGirly125 suggestions. I would have recommended the same! 😁 You cannot go wrong with any of them! 

@RevNelly welcome to BIC!  What’s your skin type? Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless Finish Setting Powder and Hourglass Veil™ Translucent Setting Powder - Talc Free Translucent are favorites for my dry/combo skin. 

Hey! My name is Reese and I spend half of my money on makeup. Still on the hunt for good waterproof mascara, so that’s mostly why i’m here 🫶! 

testing