cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Introduce Yourself: New Member Monday

New_Member_Monday.jpg

Hello BIC! We are starting this thread and updating it the first Monday of every month to welcome all of our new BIC Members and show them some love. If you happen to see anyone who is new to the community feel free to share this thread with them!

Maybe you are new to the Beauty Insider Community and still figuring it out, or maybe you’ve been here for a while but haven’t had the chance to say hello! Either way, we want to welcome you into our beauty-loving family, so don’t be shy- pop in and introduce yourself!  We’re already happy to e-meet you. 🙂

New members! Please reply below to introduce yourself and tell us: If you could splurge on any beauty product for yourself this season, what would it be? Use the "#" symbol to tag it in your response. 😊

Tags:

Re: Introduce Yourself: New Member Monday

Yes! LANEIGE Cica Sleeping Mask is the real deal! It actually does what it says it will do, replenish and moisturize. 

Happy New Year everyone... If I could splurge it would be mascara, eyebrow pomades, and hair treatments. I don't  do a full face everyday but something about having your hair did, long lashes, and some shade on my eyebrows makes a girl glow. 

P.S I am a 27y.o single mom from Massachusetts. A girl mom, my daughter is 11y.o, we love getting facials. Currently in school Real Estate wont be long until I am licensed. Love makeup but I am a late bloomer so my eye techniques are mediocre. Love to see what others can do. My favorite eye look is a cut crease. Glad to be a member ❤️

Welcome @QueenDali , congrats on your (almost) real estate license.  Also, eye looks are a variety, settle shades, cut crease, smoky, etc, do what you feel good in.  And, since we're indoors anyhow, look for virtual masterclasses to pick up additional tips.

@QueenDali Welcome to BIC!  This is a great place to see what techniques are being used by other beauty insiders!

Welcome to BIC, @QueenDali ! I hear you on simpler makeup looks bringing the glow, especially brow pomades. Brow pencil and lipstick are the only makeup items I absolutely won't leave home without—well, that was true until March 2020, when I stopped wearing lipstick and started wearing masks each time I left home. Anyway, I always buy my favorite brow pencil 2 or 3 at a time so I don't run out. 😂 

Happy new year to you and your daughter! 

@QueenDali, that’s so great that you and your daughter have facial time together. Welcome to BIC!

@QueenDali @Welcome to BIC!

Happy new year everyone! 😊 If you're new to the Beauty Insider Community (also known as the "BIC"), you're in luck: today is New Member Monday! On the first Monday of every month, we like to celebrate any new members in the BIC and spend some time getting to know each other. Whether you're completely new to this community, or you've been lurking around on here for a while, we'd love for you to say hello! 

Hello, my name is Cole I am a Guy. I started getting into skincare after I recently turned 37 in September. I started to notice gray hairs and I wasn't passing for my 20s anymore. In a desperate attempt to stop aging I started buying the male line of Dior products "Homme". each of the items went for $100ish and I figure if I spent extra money it would force me to use them and to keep a routine up lol. After a few months of using these products I started watching YouTube and reading and learning more about the ingredients versus the brand name. I like to try different things and phase things in and out as I go. I no longer care if products are female intended, skin is skin and if it works it works. My biggest problem is I only have one face and so many cool products to try. My favorite products I have used are Drunk Elephant  vitamin C, Passoni Retinal and Hydrating serum. Armani Men toner and cleanser, Dior super potent serum (the Allure winner) l, L'occitane night repair. I like to use the Neutrogena retinal oil in the morning I find it refreshing and goes well with my other things. YSL night reboot pure shot is a good way to get ur Glycolic Acid and some cactus juice. I am currently comparing it to drunk elephants TLC Glycolic acid. If you have any advice or something you think I should try leave me a message thanks.

Welcome to BIC, @Coleamale ! "I no longer care if products are female intended, skin is skin and if it works it works": I wish more folks would realize this! 👍 I'm also glad you're now focused on ingredients instead of brands. I find that's the best approach to skincare: identify specific skincare issues/goals you want to address, learn which ingredients can address them, and then find products that contain those ingredients. 

Do you use sunscreen? Minimum SPF of 30? Applied whenever your skin's exposed to sunlight (outside, in a car, indoors sitting near a window with open blinds/curtains, etc.), regardless of season or weather? Sunscreen's especially important if you're using AHAs, like glycolic acid, which increase your skin's sun sensitivity. 

I'll also recommend a thread you might find interesting: https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Skincare-Routine-of-the-Day/m-p/5146142#M148193 

That's where folks share their skincare routines. Feel free to join in! 

@Coleamale Welcome to BIC!

Thanx

Hi guys! Im Adrienne,& I'm here in North Carolina,I found Sephora about a year ago,& I am definitely still figuring out the profile part of it. Im 42, have 3 grown children,& one grandchild, a boy. He is 18 months old & the joy of my life. I absolutely love being a grandmaw! Who'd a thought? Lol...it's so much fun! As far as Sephora,& things I've found that I love, Christoph Robin hair scrub is one of my favs,& I found Floral Streets Wonderland Peony perfume that I'm crazy about. I shop Sephora weekly,& my next goal is to get that 15 dollar deal where ya get free shipping for a certain amount of time. And I have a question. What's the difference between a 400 dollar straightner & a 50 dollar straightner, or hair dryer? Why is one so much more costly? Is it running on diamonds or gold or something? Lol..just kidding..but not.

Hi @Adrienne7411 and welcome to BIC! 

Heh, I used to think "why the heck would anyone pay so much money for a dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer ?" Then I used a friend's Supersonic. I have long kinky coily hair that's low porosity at the crown, where it takes a good 10-20 hours to air dry. On my hair, a typical hairdryer + diffuser on low heat is much slower drying than a Supersonic + diffuser on low heat. I don't even use hairdryers often (I kinda hate them) but I bought a Supersonic anyway, for the days (especially Chicago winter days) I don't wanna walk around with wet hair. It helps that I bought mine from another retailer where I could use enough reward points and get enough cash back (via Rakuten) to bring the cost waaaaay down. If I ever straightened my hair, I'd want to use the Dyson Corrale flat iron because it has moveable plates, which is hard to explain until you see it in action. 

Anyway, price doesn't automatically equal quality, of course. Whether or not something's worth its price tag depends on how it's designed/formulated, but also on your needs and budget. I think a ton of skincare products are overpriced for what they really are, but that's a slightly different topic. 🙂 

@Adrienne7411 Welcome to BIC!

Hello I just signed up and I'm so excited to learn how to do my make up now that I'm getting older.  Also some tips on repairing my hair and skin.  The past 5 years I've pretty much have let my self go.  Not having the time or energy to stay focused with working in factories or outside in the weather.  I can't wait to meet, learn and experiment with new ideas and make up

@taylormarie2131 Welcome to BIC!

426E2D91-403E-4590-B722-B9594F2990AC.jpeg

Hi everyone! I’m Dee, I’m 25 from Toronto and I love makeup but am very much at the novice level— the day I do a Smokey eye I’ll be celebrating. This holiday season id love to splurge on a beautiful new fragrance. 

@did22 Welcome to the community!  

@did22 Welcome to BIC!

Hi everyone!! My name is Roxana and I’m from Toronto, Canada. I’m interested in skin care so I would probably be the one to get the entire new Inkey List line this holiday season :,)

testing