cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Introduce Yourself: New Member Monday

New_Member_Monday.jpg

Hello BIC! We are starting this thread and updating it the first Monday of every month to welcome all of our new BIC Members and show them some love. If you happen to see anyone who is new to the community feel free to share this thread with them!

Maybe you are new to the Beauty Insider Community and still figuring it out, or maybe you’ve been here for a while but haven’t had the chance to say hello! Either way, we want to welcome you into our beauty-loving family, so don’t be shy- pop in and introduce yourself!  We’re already happy to e-meet you. 🙂

New members! Please reply below to introduce yourself and tell us: If you could splurge on any beauty product for yourself this season, what would it be? Use the "#" symbol to tag it in your response. 😊

Tags:

Re: Introduce Yourself: New Member Monday

Hi @Adrienne7411 and welcome to BIC! 

Heh, I used to think "why the heck would anyone pay so much money for a dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer ?" Then I used a friend's Supersonic. I have long kinky coily hair that's low porosity at the crown, where it takes a good 10-20 hours to air dry. On my hair, a typical hairdryer + diffuser on low heat is much slower drying than a Supersonic + diffuser on low heat. I don't even use hairdryers often (I kinda hate them) but I bought a Supersonic anyway, for the days (especially Chicago winter days) I don't wanna walk around with wet hair. It helps that I bought mine from another retailer where I could use enough reward points and get enough cash back (via Rakuten) to bring the cost waaaaay down. If I ever straightened my hair, I'd want to use the Dyson Corrale flat iron because it has moveable plates, which is hard to explain until you see it in action. 

Anyway, price doesn't automatically equal quality, of course. Whether or not something's worth its price tag depends on how it's designed/formulated, but also on your needs and budget. I think a ton of skincare products are overpriced for what they really are, but that's a slightly different topic. 🙂 

@Adrienne7411 Welcome to BIC!

Hello I just signed up and I'm so excited to learn how to do my make up now that I'm getting older.  Also some tips on repairing my hair and skin.  The past 5 years I've pretty much have let my self go.  Not having the time or energy to stay focused with working in factories or outside in the weather.  I can't wait to meet, learn and experiment with new ideas and make up

@taylormarie2131 Welcome to BIC!

426E2D91-403E-4590-B722-B9594F2990AC.jpeg

Hi everyone! I’m Dee, I’m 25 from Toronto and I love makeup but am very much at the novice level— the day I do a Smokey eye I’ll be celebrating. This holiday season id love to splurge on a beautiful new fragrance. 

@did22 Welcome to the community!  

@did22 Welcome to BIC!

Hi everyone!! My name is Roxana and I’m from Toronto, Canada. I’m interested in skin care so I would probably be the one to get the entire new Inkey List line this holiday season :,)

@Roxanas Welcome to the community!  Enjoy your time here. 

@Roxanas Welcome to BIC!

Hello!  I am a new member.  I am almost 39, but I am a rookie at makeup!  I want to learn how to apply like I see all of the influencers do it because I am at a complete loss!

My concerns are redness and I think my biggest question is about eyeshadow....how in the world do you determine your eye shape and the best way to apply eyeshadow?  I'm so basic!!!  I want to rock some looks but just don't even know how or where to start.

@mannasat81 @Welcome to BIC! I would start by watching YouTube tutorials. Some good people to watch are Desi Perkins, Patrick Ta, Marlena Stell from Makeup Geek, and Jaclyn Hill. We also have a thread where we post virtual classes Virtual Masterclass Thread 

Happy New Member Monday, BIC! 😺 As it's the first Monday of December, it's a perfect time for anyone who is new in the Beauty Insider Community to introduce themselves and get to know fellow beauty lovers. Whether you've been lurking the BIC for a while, or just recently discovered this magical place, we want to get to know you! ❤️

Welcome @Anonymous! 😊 Nice to meet you. 

Curious what palettes you picked up recently! Nothing better than playing around with new products~ 

@Anonymous @Welcome to BIC! 

• New Member Monday

Hello Everyone!

My name is Gianna, I am 20 y/o and live Seattle. I love a lot of the brands that Sephora has, I have been investing a lot into my skincare this year. The brands that work with my skin are Laneige water sleeping mask and the lip mask-- even if I don't always wear it to sleep it definitely cleans my skin when I leave it on for a long time. I have also bought a new Huda Beauty palette called Naughty and I am super excited to test it out! 

@GiannaCec Welcome to the community. 

@GiannaCec @Welcome to BIC!

What’s up everyone... maybe my name is Samantha 🙂 aaaand I like reading, shopping and listening to music. I like funny shows as well, in fact I’ve just finished Brooklyn Nine-Nine. Excellent show, highly recommend. 
if I could splurge on anything this holiday season with no retribution to my bank account (haha) I would get the Laneige sleep masks or just a butt-ton of lipsticks. You can never have enough! 
anyhoo. Everyone , I hope you have a great day! 
maybe Samantha 

@MaybeSamantha Welcome to the community. 

@MaybeSamantha @Welcome to BIC!

testing